Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,142 Senior Member
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,246 Senior Member
    made up
    This message has been deleted
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,935 Senior Member
    I was wondering. Makes for a good (bad) story though! :tooth:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    http://www.snopes.com/2016/01/14/fake-news-sites/

'Now8News burst onto the fake news scene in mid-2015, racking up an impressive number of successful social media hoaxes despite the barely plausible premise upon which most were based: a man was arrested for having sex with a pig at Walmart, an obese woman was arrested for starving her kids so she could eat their food, a woman was arrested for "trying on" tampons in an aisle at Walmart, a separate woman was arrested for using a sausage to sexually gratify herself (also at Walmart), a man was found cannibalizing a teen in a Texas haunted house attraction, KFC was busted breeding mutant chickens, and McDonald's closed 17,000 locations because the minimum wage was raised.

The site was also responsible for rumors that an old lady was arrested making cat fur coats, a man fed his cheating fiancee's remains to her parents, President Obama lowered the age of consent to 13, a lottery winner died after gold-plating his testicles, a couple was busted running a meth lab in the "attic" of a Walmart, hair elastics presented a grave health threat because they were manufactured from used condoms, a sitter discovered a "clown doll" was actually a tiny rapist, a tube of cookie dough "exploded" inside a female shoplifter's body cavity, and finally, that a woman caused a riot after experiencing gastric distress during a round of "vodka butt shots."
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    I think the first tip off was the pic of him with Beaver Teeth the far fetched story line, and the the sidebar stories.............those fake news joints can get you going for a few minutes. Human nature to wanna believe what we read.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,935 Senior Member
    For me, the 'tell' was that this was an Arkansas man and not a man from Sheboygan, WI. :jester:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 14,255 Senior Member
    I think the first tip off was the pic of him with Beaver Teeth the far fetched story line, and the the sidebar stories.............those fake news joints can get you going for a few minutes. Human nature to wanna believe what we read.
    Fixed.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,141 Senior Member
    When I was driving an 18-wheeler in California back in the late 1970's, there was a lady trucker in the Los Angeles area whose CB handle was "Bionic Beaver". Conversations with her were a real experience!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,364 Senior Member
    So which one was Your favorite?
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member