Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

You are Welcome, Trumpsters

JermanatorJermanator Senior MemberPosts: 16,244 Senior Member
http://heavy.com/news/2016/11/jill-stein-gary-johnson-hillary-clinton-election-results-lost-lose-third-party-presidential-florida-michigan-pennsylvania-wisconsin-final-votes/

I never, EVER want to hear again that a vote for 3rd party is wasted or that a vote for 3rd party was a vote for Clinton.
Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
-Thomas Paine

Replies

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    So you inadvertently voted for Trump. Your "thank you" card should be arriving in the mail in a few weeks. (He has quite a few to write).:jester:
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Depends on the 3rd party candidate, H Ross Perot obviously took votes from G H W Bush and helped Clinton.

Nutty Stein and Aleppo Johnson took votes from Pantsuit..............easy to figure out.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    So you're saying Stein and Johnson pulled a "Ross Perot" on Clinton. Won't argue that.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,123 Senior Member
    Best theory they have is possibly
    Those votes are/were wasted in the sense the 3rd party had little chance of winning, albeit it made/makes folks feel good about themselves to vote fer them. IMHP.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Or maybe if not for them two they would just have refrained from voting at all..............................
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Doesn't it feel good to have Susan Sarandon as your new best buddy?
    :jester:
    Jerry
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Best theory they have is possibly

Yea that.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,662 Senior Member
    Who says any of the 3rd party voters would have voted for Hillary? They may have voted for Trump, or more likely stayed home.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,134 Senior Member
    Lots of maybes there.
    I can tell you that in South Florida Hillary lost many many votes because of what her foundation did to Haiti.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    Who says any of the 3rd party voters would have voted for Hillary?
    I would have.
    -Thomas Paine
  • RocketmanRocketman Banned Posts: 1,118 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    I would have.

Really?
    -Thomas Paine
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • RocketmanRocketman Banned Posts: 1,118 Senior Member
    Damn. I can't conceivably think of any idea as to why I'd trust Hillary whom is worse than a liar over someone who might lie as president. But to each their own. I've never found political views to be grounds for a pissing match.
    Rocketman wrote: »
    Damn. I can't conceivably think of any idea as to why I'd trust Hillary whom is worse than a liar over someone who might lie as president. But to each their own. I've never found political views to be grounds for a pissing match.
    They are both liars. My logic was that I would rather see conservatives fight a liar tooth and nail than bow down and kiss one's ass and act like it is the truth. We got the later.

But that is water under the bridge now. I really do hope Trump does a good job for all of us.
    -Thomas Paine
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member
    They are both liars. My logic was that I would rather see conservatives fight a liar tooth and nail than bow down and kiss one's ass and act like it is the truth. We got the later.

But that is water under the bridge now. I really do hope Trump does a good job for all of us.

This is where I am. I trust neither, though i suppose what Trump tells us he is is closer to what I am... If I believe him. I don't.... but I've been wrong about him before. Like Jerm, I hope I'm wrong about him this time as well.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    It appears one should evaluate third-party votes on a case-by-case basis. If they help the right side, fine. If they help the wrong side, not so much.
    Oh well, Stein and Johnson have pretty much wrecked their pet Parties this time around. Johnson was just a pothead and I consider Stein a certifiable mental case. Future serious fundraising for the lunatic-fringe Libertarians and Greens will be unlikely, and their candidates will have a difficult time not being considered loons.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member

I have since gained respect for Donald, but in the beginning I never said I thought Trump was a saint. I said he was the lesser of the evils. In my opinion you have to vote that way or you will have the WORST of the evils. It was a chance because Trump was and may still be a gamble. I went with him but now have more faith. But we shall see how big of a fool I am.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,981 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    ... I consider Stein a certifiable mental case...
    To call a Green a mental case is redundant.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(