Home Main Category Clubhouse

Active shooter at Ohio State in Columbus.

2»

Replies

• BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    This guy could have been a sheriff deputy in several state's
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Old farts like us have been calling young people **** for thousands of years. Yet somehow, we continue to survive as a species.

I realize that but I think that this generation has manifested pussiness more than any prior generation.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Old farts like us have been calling young people **** for thousands of years. Yet somehow, we continue to survive as a species.

If you are old, then Ned is a fossil! :jester:

I guess you are old compared to your son...........the old man...........and not so old compared to us old(er) farts.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,190 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    I realize that but I think that this generation has manifested pussiness more than any prior generation.
    That is what the old farts always say and have been saying it for thousands of years.:wink:

But then, that is your right as an old fart. You earned it with your old age.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Young whippersnappers have been harassing old farts for millennia, too. Your turn at old fartdom is coming, unless you manage to get your ticket punched early for some tragic reason!
    Jerry
    Teach wrote: »
    Your turn at old fartdom is coming, unless you manage to get your ticket punched early for some tragic reason!
    I turned 46 Saturday. Surgery is on Friday. Batteries are getting really low!
    -Thomas Paine
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,466 Senior Member

Hope it is a routine and boring procedure:angel2:
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,240 Senior Member
    Batteries are getting really low!
    You need to specify the "energizer bunny" equipped model this time.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

knitepoet wrote: »
    You need to specify the "energizer bunny" equipped model this time.
    I don't need THAT kind of help. Just some assistance to keep my heart ticking a few more years. And with my titanium aortic valve, yes I do tick.
    -Thomas Paine
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,240 Senior Member
    Hey, you're old enough to remember the "keeps going and going". You need your pacemaker to "keep going" longer
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• RocketmanRocketman Banned Posts: 1,118 Senior Member
    We all take it there some day. Just some sooner than others.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Remember what happened when somebody put the Energizer bunny's battery in backwards? Hint- - - -it's the opposite of "going"!
    :jester:
    Jerry
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    That is what the old farts always say and have been saying it for thousands of years.:wink:

But then, that is your right as an old fart. You earned it with your old age.

When I compare how my generation handled bullying, disappointment, and life in general, and compare it to the special little snowflakes of today, I can see some devolution going on. And MY generation had all them filthy hippies to deal with! And we were forever finding ways to make some money for dates, cars, gas 'n' oil, and general messing around. Handouts from Mom and Pop were a pipe dream; if we had folding money, you can bet your backside we earned it! So, yeah, what I see is a generally softer generation, with notable exceptions. :tooth:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,700 Senior Member
    I know they say it is minor and do it all the time. I've been through it a few times with my fathers defibrillator, but Iwill send some positive energy your way just because.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    Rush Limbaugh and I were thinking alike this morning when he observed that nobody on campus called Black Lives Matter - they called the POLICE! And the bloodshed was only stopped by a good guy with a GUN.

You haven't been paying attention...BLM is pissed because white cops shot a black man armed with only a knife...
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,763 Senior Member
    15181568_1845126709042878_4299210578994220533_n_zpsrzl0o2gl.jpg
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    When I compare how my generation handled bullying, disappointment, and life in general, and compare it to the special little snowflakes of today, I can see some devolution going on. And MY generation had all them filthy hippies to deal with! And we were forever finding ways to make some money for dates, cars, gas 'n' oil, and general messing around. Handouts from Mom and Pop were a pipe dream; if we had folding money, you can bet your backside we earned it! So, yeah, what I see is a generally softer generation, with notable exceptions. :tooth:

Not only that, but we had to constantly hear about how easy we had it compared to what our elders went through. The funny thing is that they were right!
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    So this guy had a 2 year Associates and was accepted to OSU with him and his family getting Govt assistance all along.

Now ask yourself, coming from a crap-hole of a country like Somalia, you would thunk he would be more that grateful even being allowed to live here, much less on his way to a darn good college education. Yet he goes on a rampage about how Muslims are treated in some other country they were saying on the news according to his FB post and said he didn't have proper prayer places here or something.

Maybe he should have stayed home in Somalia with his family and used camel dung to cook with!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    Not only that, but we had to constantly hear about how easy we had it compared to what our elders went through. The funny thing is that they were right!

Yeah. My parents both lived through the Depression and WWII. I've never experienced anything like that. And both grew up on farms working to keep food on the table. I grew up on a farm, too, but not near as bad as the conditions they experienced.

Them special snowflakes want to look at hard times, and see what a cush gig they have, all they got to do is jump in their BMW, Mercedes, or Subaru and take a week trip through Appalachia. And, NEWS FLASH, sharecropping is STILL a thing in the South.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams