Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Palin to run Veteran Affairs! (Hope so)

2»

Replies

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,573 Senior Member
    I'm a vet and go to the VA for check-ups each year. It serves me well because I'm not all that sick and they fill my prescriptions. I've got a non MA doctor if I get in need of immediate care. From my viewpoint and as a person who has alternative means for health care, I don't find too much DIRECTLY to complain about. I hear these horror stories from other jurisdictions, though, and know for those in need that there are rats in the wainscotting, so to speak.

Whoever gets in there needs to clean house.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,662 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    I'm a vet and go to the VA for check-ups each year. It serves me well because I'm not all that sick and they fill my prescriptions. I've got a non MA doctor if I get in need of immediate care. From my viewpoint and as a person who has alternative means for health care, I don't find too much DIRECTLY to complain about. I hear these horror stories from other jurisdictions, though, and know for those in need that there are rats in the wainscotting, so to speak.

Whoever gets in there needs to clean house.

My dad does this. He sees a cardiologist at home, but once every six months he takes the VA bus to Cleveland and takes a couple tests, then he get's all of his meds for free
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    "Under consideration" does NOT equal "has been appointed".

I HATE these sorts of headlines. Just tell me who got appointed.... not who is "under consideration".

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    She was elected Governor of Alaska and had pretty high approval ratings while she was in office. Her disfunctional family members made her a target for the media and they never missed an opportunity to make her look foolish. That crap about being able to see Russia from her porch was made up in an SNL skit and the media had most of the country believing that she really said it. She is a good bit smarter and qualified than most people give her credit for.

Yeah SNL said it in the skit that she said "I can see Russia from my back yard" when what she actually said was, "You can see Russia from parts of Alaska" which is a true statement.

There were so many people that wanted to believe it as it was said on SNL that they took it and ran with it and people bought into it.

I believe she can do a good job at anything she puts her mind to.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    JRL wrote: »
    I recently listened to a radio interview with Gary... and I agree.. no doubt about his longstanding commitment. What he and his wife have been doing is fantastic. I just don't know if running/changing a big administrative organization is a good fit for him.

I also personally believe Sarah Palin has the skills and the commitment to lead/change that big organization.

Hope whoever is appointed with make radical, fast, simple to implement changes (like letting vets go ANYWHERE to obtain healthcare) and have the VA simply reimburse the health provider (Dr., Hospital, Clinic, Prescriptions, Mental Health services, etc. etc.)[/Ouote]
    The only problem with this is some docs and medical professionals can be pretty unscrupulous when it comes to insurance. They will use the VA as a money well, prescribing all kinds of unneeded things to pad the bill and make out like gang busters. And who is left holding the bill? Tax payers. I think it's better off like it is. They just need better management.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.