North American Hunting club

BufordBuford Senior MemberPosts: 6,650 Senior Member
Anyone else here a member. Any thoughts?
Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.

Replies

• Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,218 Senior Member
    I'm not a member, bu friend is. If there's one thing I like about HIM being a member is that I get the monthly magazine as a hand-me-down when he's done with. It's honestly one if mu favorite hunting/shooting publications. Excellent articles without a doubt. As for the other perks, I just don't know enough about their program to speak to it.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,253 Senior Member
    They suck worse than a Hoover upright. Lots of worthless "bargains", and they send stuff you don't order and try to bill you for it. Mary joined that outfit after a slick advertising come-on, and it was darn near impossible to get loose from them. Run, don't walk away from that bunch!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • U TU T Member Posts: 405 Member
    If you're willing to look at it as a magazine subscription, it's ok, but other than that, they are always wanting to send something, or do send it without approval, and you end up having to waste your time sending things back. It got to the point that I told them not to send me anything, but they still did. Once they sent me a stupid plastic deer statue, that I promptly smashed to pieces, and then returned to them in their prepaid return package, and that felt good! I was on their "FIELD TESTER" list, and finally got selected, and I received about 10 little pieces of camo tape to be used instead of a facemask or face paint, and it was mine to keep-what a joke! Has anyone ever field tested and gotten to keep anything of value? I got so tired of Bill Miller's letters and crap. (not sure if he's still in charge/spokesperson for NAHC?)
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,887 Senior Member
    I have been a member and did not think it was as good as having a subscription to petersen's hunting. Then there was a lot of junk mail from them.

I did not have the issues others have said, maybe I was not with them long enough; that said, I would not go back with them either.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,650 Senior Member
    I am a Life member and I receive the same typical crap I get with my NRA membership. There was a problem with books they started sending me and I played hell to get them to stop to no avail. I talked with the mail lady and she said write refused delivery on the package and give it back to her. Well guess what a couple of times of doing that the stuff stopped coming. I do like the magazine and I figure they help the sport out that is why I am a Life member, that and the cool leather jacket. I haven't hunted in 20 years and doubt I will in the foreseeable future. Now when I retire to Pennsylvania that will probably change.

I also am waiting for the rifle, handgun or bow to try out. That they say I get to keep when I'm done testing it. I'm also waiting for world peace. I wonder which one will come first?

I see these folks like the NRA. They do help the cause but all the fund raising crap is just a part of doing business.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,887 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    NRA. .
    I had junk mail and too much junk with the NRA as well, for some reason it stopped. I am a life member and now I have to look them up for my annual donation.

Some how I must have POed them; but, they still cash my check.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • backwaterbobbackwaterbob Member Posts: 102 Member
    :up:Buford i too am a life member. only thing i received to field test and keep was a spray can of gun oil. lol,

i think all that club does is try to sell you stuff so Bill Miller can go on his hunting trips at our expence..
    Just my .02
    bwb
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,650 Senior Member
    Well I like to think they help the cause. One day I will get my invite for a hunting trip.:spittingcoffee:
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    Yeah Buford and Six, my son is a member and I get the hand me down mags too. Also since he's gone off in the military and they still send stuff to my address, I get free decals to put on my vehicles. Now my suburban looks like something out of Nascar with all the stickers.

I also got suckered into, I mean joined Buckmasters. It's another great organization and you can take your membership card to any restaurant or coffee shop in town and with it and $1.50 get a free cup of coffee.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.