Home Main Category Clubhouse

Watched "Sully" last night

LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior MemberPosts: 8,337 Senior Member
Very good movie, Tom Hanks did a great job again, this time with Clint Eastwood directing. It's an unusual take on a historical event, focusing more on the aftermath and his response than the actual event itself.
“A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member

Replies

• JRLJRL Member Posts: 355 Member
    That's on our list to see.

Was it free of political correctness and blatant slants and slams against conservatism (unrelated to plot or character development) that are so often needlessly inserted in Hollywood films these days?

I assume so given it was directed by Clint Eastwood.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,985 Senior Member
    I finally saw it and it was very well done from what I know about the incident itself and how NTSB investigations typically go. He is speaking at a venue near me next month and I plan to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    JRL wrote: »
    That's on our list to see.

Was it free of political correctness and blatant slants and slams against conservatism (unrelated to plot or character development) that are so often needlessly inserted in Hollywood films these days?

I assume so given it was directed by Clint Eastwood.

Yes, it was. If anything, it paints the NTSB in a less-than-nice light.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,521 Senior Member
    Good movie!! Former F-4 pilot so he knew how to fly stuff without any push!!