Home Main Category Clubhouse

Hey shush!

woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior MemberPosts: 2,725 Senior Member
Now do you understand why folks "up thar whar Teach, Mike, Gene and me growed up" make "likker?" If you'ns needs a recipe and procedure on how to make beer, (stout?) I'll be glad to send it to you! Paid for my tuition and books at the UGA makin' and sellin' beer, and didn't pay a damn penny (schelling?) TAX! See WHY we'uns divorced you'ns way back in the 1770's?

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Rich, back in the 1950's somebody who was looking out of a window of the federal courthouse in Nashville noticed smoke/steam coming from the chimney of a building about a block away- - - -in the middle of summer! When they tracked the source down, they found somebody operating a good-sized still in downtown Nashville! Not all moonshine production happens in the backwoods!
    Jerry
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Oh dear,a man of your refinement and sensibilities advocating the private distilling of intoxicating beverages and the circumventing of due payment of revenues.

I can know perceive that downward spiral that was September 1774.

Sir, I am shocked, shocked I say, to the core. :devil:

We have had tax free homebrewing since the early '60's.

I have a friend????? whose scrumpy is guaranteed blindness in a glass.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Up here in my vicinity, making corn likker is a thriving cottage industry. With the advent of propane burners there's no telltale smoke to give away the fact that there's cookin' goin' on in that old dilapidated outbuilding! :roll2: There's some smart sneaky Scots Irish in my neck of the woods! :up:

I have 2 one gallon jugs and a couple of wine bottles of homemade Muscadine wine that has been aging for around 25 years now. Need to do a taste test of that stuff. Right after the ball drops signaling the new year would seem appropriate.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    Muscadine wine is better 'fresh,' I think. It's probably vinegar, now. Might be good over your mustard greens.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    Muscadine wine is better 'fresh,' I think. It's probably vinegar, now. Might be good over your mustard greens.

Had a bottle I opened last year to get through the kidney stone bidness. It was some good stuff!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams