Home Main Category Clubhouse

Anyone have a puenmatic staple gun I can borrow

Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior MemberPosts: 2,266 Senior Member
I'm trying to put new seat covers on my 4-wheeler's. Seems my cows have taken a liking to them and chewed then silly. I've got the new seat covers however my electric staple gun just doesn't have the power to seat the staple into the plastic seat. Tried a T-50 staple gun and that was a joke as well. I need something bigger and more powerful! Will pay shipping both ways and I just need it for a day or so.

Thanks everyone!
Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Do it the old fashioned way with hog rings. Of the millions of those rings that have been manufactured, I'll bet 90%+ of them never saw a hog's nose!
    Jerry
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 2,266 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Harbor freight. Won't last long, but maybe long enough for the job you're doing.

Perfect thanks, cheap and easy! I have one local to me.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,656 Senior Member
    Jeff in TX wrote: »
    Perfect thanks, cheap and easy! I have one local to me.

Yea, that works. I bought a pneumatic finishing nail gun from them. Had to buy 2 to get one good one, but it's worked so far!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Wash the new seat covers occasionally. It's the salt from sweat that they're after. :tooth:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Harbor freight. Won't last long, but maybe long enough for the job you're doing.

This. I bought a tile cutter from HF to do the kitchen and two bathrooms. The saw was just about dead when I finished. Sold it on Craig's list for half what I paid for it!
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Wash the new seat covers occasionally. It's the salt from sweat that they're after. :tooth:

My friends that have cattle are really careful not to leave any equipment in their pastures for very long. They say the cows will chew up any plastic they can get to including wire insulation.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    cows will chew up any plastic they can get to including wire insulation.

That includes plastic binder twine on round hay bales. I'd always cut the strings off the bales I fed. It's a little weird to watch a cow walking around the pasture with a plastic string several feet long hanging out of its butt!
    Jerry
  • BingBing Member Posts: 95 Member
    Have you ever played Ripcord ?
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,673 Senior Member
    Go for it. Let me run the camera.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,748 Senior Member
    Let me hold your beer while you.........................
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Bing wrote: »
    Have you ever played Ripcord ?

Risking inflicting a possibly permanent injury to a valuable brood cow would be the height of stupidity. These animals aren't pets or toys- - - - -they're an income-producing investment.
    Jerry
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 2,266 Senior Member
    Quick trip to Harbor Freight in Wichita Falls this morning. Was in and out in 10 minutes as I was on a mission. The pneumatic staple gun on was on sale from $24.99 to $17.99...even better. Got back, hooked it to the air line loaded it up and it made short work of the task at hand. Each seat took about 30 min or so of stretching and stapling, saying dang it a few times, pulling staples and redoing it here and there. In the end it looks fine and is functional, though you wouldn't want to hire me for extremely professional results.

Thanks for the heads up and idea!

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Man, driven a little further North across the Red River and you would have been in Okie-land ...............we used to drive to WF sometimes just to get outta OK from Fort Sill/Lawton.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Quick trip to Harbor Freight in Wichita Falls this morning. Was in and out in 10 minutes as I was on a mission. The pneumatic staple gun on was on sale from $24.99 to $17.99...even better. Got back, hooked it to the air line loaded it up and it made short work of the task at hand. Each seat took about 30 min or so of stretching and stapling, saying dang it a few times, pulling staples and redoing it here and there. In the end it looks fine and is functional, though you wouldn't want to hire me for extremely professional results.

One of my first jobs out of high school was in Collins Chair Factory in Cleveland, TN. I put the upholstery on recliners and living room furniture. Staple puller got a workout doing the Naugahyde stuff; it didn't like to cooperate! I know what you dealt with putting on that seat cover.Fabric covering is MUCH easier to deal with regarding upholstery!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,656 Senior Member

Heck - you didn't even have to take the 1st one back to get another one that worked! :up:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(