Home Main Category Clubhouse

Super Bowl Predictions

JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior MemberPosts: 8,227 Senior Member
Who do you want to win, and who do you think will win?

I want the Falcons to take it all, but think the Pats will prevail.

It seems that most of us who post about the NFL in here belong in the Cowboys, Packer or Steelers camp, so most of use may really not care. I may not even watch the game, although the commercials are always interesting.
Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Replies

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,501 Senior Member
    I hoping for the Falcons, but it's hard to beat Brady and Bellichec!! That team is like a machine!
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    I really want to see the Falcons win.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    I'll go with the Falcons, although I will be satisfied just to see a competitive game. I won't lose sleep, either way.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    LIONS!!!
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,663 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    LIONS!!!

You must be talking about Belichick and Brady...... The correct spelling is LIARS!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,877 Senior Member
    Tom Brady's prediction:
    We're going to win so much. You're going to get tired of winning. you’re going to say, ‘Please, Tom, I have a headache. Please, don't win so much. This is getting terrible.’ And I'm going to say, ‘No, we have to make New England great again.’ You're gonna say, ‘Please.’ I said, ‘Nope, nope. We're gonna keep winning.’
    I'm just here for snark.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    You must be talking about Belichick and Brady...... The correct spelling is LIARS!
    Huh? Who is that? I was just expressing my depth of knowledge in the realm of sports (absolutely none).
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Atlanta got HOT, but Brady will be hard to beat.

Since Atlanta has not won a SB yet.............I'm rootin fer them.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Hoping the Falcons (Dirty Birds) win. I HATE New England Pats; they cheat when they don't have to, and whine like little snotty three year old kids when they get caught at it. And they're damnyandees, so there's that, too. :tooth:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,043 Senior Member
    16142898_1278958192197838_3624577306025711744_n.jpg?oh=6a284a37b7e214c25760a5a3e01e2b41&oe=5904684D
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    I predict I won't be watching, nor giving a dang about it...don't even know/care when it is. Haven't for about 20 years.
    Support your local Scouts!
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    16142898_1278958192197838_3624577306025711744_n.jpg?oh=6a284a37b7e214c25760a5a3e01e2b41&oe=5904684D

:win::agree:
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,590 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I predict the team with the most points at the end of the game will be declared the winner.

Wrong. Everyone will get participation trophies. After the game is over, they will all join hands and sing Kumbaya.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,907 Senior Member
    I have rolled with the Falcons as my 2nd after the "Stillers". I will continue to roll with them since I have ties to that area. I honestly believe that the Pats are in for a rough ride. Ryan, Jones, Freeman and Coleman will have a field day. If not Jones, it will be Sanu and Gabriel. They won me $ the last 2 games and it will ride.
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Patriots. I would rather both teams lose, but that isn't happening.
  • JRLJRL Member Posts: 355 Member
    I predict-

- lowest viewer turnout in years
    - some sort of disruption by disgruntled Hildabeast fans
    - some player will do something stupid during national anthem
    - halftime show will suck because they ask Hollywood types to participate
    - announcers will manage to piss off more of their viewers by bashing the new President somehow

I won't be watching... That's a prediction you can bet on
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    Tom Brady's prediction:
    We're going to win so much. You're going to get tired of winning. you’re going to say, ‘Please, Tom, I have a headache. Please, don't win so much. This is getting terrible.’ And I'm going to say, ‘No, we have to make New England great again.’ You're gonna say, ‘Please.’ I said, ‘Nope, nope. We're gonna keep winning.’

LMAO. It's gonna be a Yuuuuge win!

Patriots by at least 10 pts.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    +1 I'd rather go fishing (weather permitting) otherwise a trip to the range .
    roadking wrote: »
    I predict I won't be watching, nor giving a dang about it...don't even know/care when it is. Haven't for about 20 years.
  • Wild DogWild Dog Banned Posts: 67 Member
    I predict...pain.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    JRL wrote: »
    I predict-

- announcers will manage to piss off more of their viewers by bashing the new President somehow

I won't be watching... That's a prediction you can bet on

Fox is carrying the game, which means that Joe Buck and Troy Aikman will probably be doing play by play. These guys are good, and good at sticking to football and leaving politics out of it. I think they'll stick with that game plan.

When NBC carries a game, Bob Costas is the one you have to watch. For whatever reason, he seems compelled to offer his views on politics, social issues, or whatever, at half time. I've never seen similar crap from Fox Sports.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.