Home Main Category Clubhouse

A welcomed surprise visit by Jaywapti ...

BigDanSBigDanS Senior MemberPosts: 6,992 Senior Member
I was home Monday and got a surprise call from Jay. He was in town for his annual medical checkups and he decided to call.

We spent Monday evening and Wednesday evening chatting, eating and getting to know each other better.

3C1C7A54-EC66-45B3-A347-CA700C14E398_zpsomyquzvx.jpg

Jay lives in Titusville, but when in Miami he stays with his brother that lives nine blocks from my house. I could walk there.

Always a pleasure to get to know another forum member better, and thanks again for sharing your time with me. If I may say, Jay has lead a life most of us would envy, even though he might not write about it much. Dos Equis needs to interview him for their next Worlds Most Interesting Man. :up:

D
"A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:

Replies

• Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Meeting members from our group is always great.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Always good to meet face to face with people we've talked with here. They're always better in person! :up:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,501 Senior Member
    Forum members are like family!!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,142 Senior Member
    Yup, a real all around nice guy, who really has been there and done most of that
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    9 blocks, that's very cool!
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Always good to meet forum members. :applause: :applause:

I hope he imparted some of his vast gun wisdom on you, youngster :tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Always good to meet forum members. :applause: :applause:

I hope he imparted some of his vast gun wisdom on you, youngster :tooth:

We did something new to him, cast some bullets. In his vast career and experience he had never cast a bullet before, and might have a new hobby.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    I spoke to Jay once right before he left Colorado for warmer climes. Unfortunately, it was a phone conversation. I've never had the pleasure of meeting him face to face.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,911 Senior Member
    BigDanS wrote: »
    .............Always a pleasure to get to know another forum member better, and thanks again for sharing your time with me. If I may say, Jay has lead a life most of us would envy, even though he might not write about it much. Dos Equis needs to interview him for their next Worlds Most Interesting Man. :up:
    D

I once had the pleasure of spending some time with Jay while trying to help him with uploading pictures to the forum. His stories and adventures he told me of were some of the most fascinating I had heard in a long time. What an amazing life he has had.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,142 Senior Member
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    Forum members are like family!!

Hey WAIT
    like family?
    and I thought we really are
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Kewl! Jay's one of my favorite people here. I'm jealous!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 5,032 Senior Member
    First of all, thanks Dan for the kind words, I had a great time and am looking forward to doing it again. We cussed an discussed everything from aardvarks to zeppelins, solved all the worlds problems, I haven't laughed so much in years. Those of you that haven't met him, try to do so, you dont know what your missing, I am honored to have him for a friend.

I have been reloading for 57 years, when i told Dan that not only have I never caste'd any bullets i have never shot one, so he throws some lead in the pot adds some linotype, and we start casting bullets, I say we, he's casting and I'm watching, he's got it down to a science. I may just start casting bullets myself. The only thing i ever cast was divers weights.

The only down side is that Dan will be moving to Oregon in the near future.

Up date on my medical to follow.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
    My medical report, mostly good news some not so good,

The good news,

About 2 years ago i started seeing a Kidney doc, at that time he said i was about 2 years from having to have dialyses, he put me on a diet and now I'm about 10 years from having it, and if i cut back more on red meat it could extend even further.

When i had the heart attack in 06 i lost 25% of my heart function, to date i have regained about 12 - 15 % of it back, he also told me that for a person my age with all i have been thru I'm in remarkable shape.

The bad news,

In Feb. i need another operation, i have another melanoma right on my spine.

My PSA is elevated at 4.9, the doc said were gonna wait 6 months and if it doesnt go down were gonna have to do a biopsy.

JAY
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I could live in his garage and never leave!!! I'm sure his .358 Winchester still has my fingerprints deeply embedded into the stock. I had a little bit of a tough time handing it back... :tooth:

I still have it , Ya want it ??????? : rotflmao::rotflmao:

JAY
    snake284 wrote: »
    Kewl! Jay's one of my favorite people here. I'm jealous!

And you are one of mine, after all who else but us will stir the 270 pot.

JAY
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,911 Senior Member
    jaywapti wrote: »
    I still have it , Ya want it ??????? : rotflmao::rotflmao:

JAY

Sorry to hear of your latest health issues. Better get your PSA done every 3-6 months. The year before before I was diagnosed with prostate cancer I had a PSA of 3.x something. It went up to over 6.x just before the biopsy.

You have any hand tools, power tools or machinery you want to get rid of? Would give me an excuse to visit sometime.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,985 Senior Member
    Ride that PSA like a cheap hooker! I watched my father die from prostate cancer, it wasn't pretty. If mine ever gets over 4, I'm going for the MOST aggressive option available.

And google "Male Gard" - its recommended by the American Prostate Society.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,221 Senior Member
    Grumble grumble grumble.......can't believe that old fark still has his hair. That ain't fair, man. Grumble grumble grumble.

Have a sour grape! Have several!

Grumble grumble grumble.............
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
    zorba wrote: »
    Ride that PSA like a cheap hooker! I watched my father die from prostate cancer, it wasn't pretty. If mine ever gets over 4, I'm going for the MOST aggressive option available.

And google "Male Gard" - its recommended by the American Prostate Society.

I'm not too worried about it since over the last 20 years my PSA has jumped all over the place, from 1.6 to 5.2, at the highest they did a biopsy and found nothing.

JAY
    Grumble grumble grumble.......can't believe that old fark still has his hair. That ain't fair, man. Grumble grumble grumble.

Yep and its all real.

JAY