In the hole .. again.

KMT2KMT2 MemberPosts: 120 Member
It seemed that on my birthday for 2016 I received great news and started a position with a trucking firm.
Well Jan 27, 2017 I was let go.
Actually I was one of 55 let go.
There was a bit of a financial oops and well ...
My bosses did not want to let me go because I was exceeding my expectations and dealing with the work in a great way.
but I was the last of the 55 to go.
The hammer is falling a bit hard for me. twice in 18 months.
Some may know of my background well that got cleaned up only for me to find out the reports have not made it to the lien systems. So Now I am stuck still in the same situation I was last year not being able to get positions that I can do due to my colorful background.
Though It is fixed.
I will be starting to look tomorrow and dealing with the lien system as well. The lawyer has been notified and well I would just like my life to bounce back.
Shiel and I were starting to look a property again and had the house plans dusted off and started to look for pieces and parts for cost comparison.
This headache sucks.
And to top it off thursday I fell in the tub about knocked my self out and have a nice minor concussion.
If I did not laugh I would be crying.
If you think OHSA is a little town in Wisconsin you may be in trouble!
Peace is firing my guns or 60 feet below the surface of the water.

Replies

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,655 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear that dude, that blows. You still doing safety stuff?
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 14,045 Senior Member
    Damn dude! At least you can say you have plenty of luck. Now hopefully, all that luck turns around into some good luck. I am rooting for you.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 14,045 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Yes he does. All that safety stuff you are learning? He knows it all already.

Kevin-- you may want to talk to Chris.
  • KMT2KMT2 Member Posts: 120 Member

Yup CPJ Still doing occupational Safety.
    Would LOve to get in to the insurance side of it.
    A bit more stable.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    I don't know your background, but I clearly see the word "lawyer," in your post. This is undeniable evidence that regardless of the exact circumstances you have been bent over a barrel to some degree. You have my sympathy as I have experience with said barrel.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,951 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear that man. Just hang in there and keep on keeping on. Things will turn around for you and you will be looking at this crap in your rear view mirror.
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,637 Senior Member
    Since your bosses did not want to let you go, get a letter of recommendation.

People want to know what you have done for them lately, and that's your best reference.

Good luck, your situation does suck!

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
    BigDanS wrote: »
    Since your bosses did not want to let you go, get a letter of recommendation.

People want to know what you have done for them lately, and that's your best reference.

Good luck, your situation does suck!

D
    Those letters are hard to come by. Both my previous and current employer (and I'll wager most big company's) will not give anything except "he worked here from X date to Y date. " No good, no bad, just length of employment.
    And that's through a third party also. Everyone is rightfully lawsuit scared.
    Zee
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 8,609 Senior Member
    Those letters are hard to come by. Both my previous and current employer (and I'll wager most big company's) will not give anything except "he worked here from X date to Y date. " No good, no bad, just length of employment.
    Yep. My mom was a supervisor at a nursing home. They boss told her not to say anything about any fired employees. Good or bad.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,256 Senior Member
    I know some people in the corp. office for a big trucking firm that is headquartered near Atlanta. I can see if they have any positions from r occupational safety in your area.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    Yep. My mom was a supervisor at a nursing home. They boss told her not to say anything about any fired employees. Good or bad.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
    I had to take a hiring course when I became manager. STUPID what you can or can't say. If I was interviewing a person That graduated from XYZ college, I was prohibited from asking what year they graduated. Seriously. Why? Because that may give a clue to their age. And that could be discriminatory.
    Even though their resume would list when they graduated.......
    Zee
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,951 Senior Member
    I think our HR person can verify employments dates and state yes or no to an eligible for re-hire inquiry...I think.
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,032 Senior Member
    Good luck
    I have a need for speed
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    I know some people in the corp. office for a big trucking firm that is headquartered near Atlanta. I can see if they have any positions from r occupational safety in your area.

please do.
    I am not really wanting to move to Atlanta , but if I can work from a terminal that would be good. or from my home as a regional safety.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,274 Senior Member

Yes but you can ask for folks to be a personal references. I normally call those on the phone when looking at a candidate and they can be more candid than a letter of reference or written recommendation and since we are on the phone I can't hold anything they say agains anyone including them or their company.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,369 Senior Member
    If you don't mind some travel, look at Clayco Construction, out of St. Louis.
    The are totally ate up, batshit crazy about safety. They have 1 or 2 safety guys on every job.
    I know a couple guys that work there, one is from up your way.
    They work jobs all over the country.
    jbohio wrote: »
    If you don't mind some travel, look at Clayco Construction, out of St. Louis.
    The are totally ate up, batshit crazy about safety. They have 1 or 2 safety guys on every job.
    I know a couple guys that work there, one is from up your way.
    They work jobs all over the country.

I have been thinking about broadening into the construction realm as well.
    Might have to look and see.
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,369 Senior Member
    KMT2 wrote: »
    I have been thinking about broadening into the construction realm as well.
    Might have to look and see.

That's where the money is.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,300 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about this Kevin :(
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.