Home Main Category Clubhouse

I don't even know what to say

2»

Replies

• shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    Change the name to the "Boy Skirts of America"......this crap is sickening. I became an Eagle scout in the early sixties. How times have changed.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Asking me to deal with an 8 y/o that "identifies", whatever that means, as the opposite sex is not my job. Yes, I know, why can't I just treat them like a kid, because they have been turned into mini adults with agendas and the agenda will always be at the forefront instead the kids.
    I am not disagreeing with you at all. Why can't the kid be a girl that likes to do boy things? This "boy trapped in a girl's body" crap is rather silly and not good for anyone involved.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,043 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    I am not disagreeing with you at all. Why can't the kid be a girl that likes to do boy things? This "boy trapped in a girl's body" crap is rather silly and not good for anyone involved.

Because it's not about doing the right thing, but about tearing down traditional structures and organizations. This is an agenda to deny people with traditional values any ground or "safe zone".
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/30/boy-scouts-will-allow-transgender-children-into-programs.html

They are changing policy because of one case, in New Jersey, an 8 year old. There is no way they should be even considering what this kids "gender identity" is until after the child has gone through puberty, minimum. The Scouts will be hearing that I no longer wish to participate on the district or national level, I will continue to support our local Pack and Troop until such a time that I no longer know any of the kids in the program. So disappointed in them right now, bowing to political correctness.

Don't Quit! Stay and fight. The lefties are counting on moral guys like you giving up. Hey we need to start a petition. I'd be proud to sign it. Not persecuting or discriminating against Gays is one thing. I'm all for that, but when you allow someone who was born a certain sex and says they've changed, and they're still biologically what they were at birth (Surgery doesn't count), they shouldn't be allowed to cross that line.

I'm a Master Mason. We require a birth certificate along with your petition to join. We all had a lesson on this about 7 years back. We had a perspective new member, I think up around Houston, and they ask him for his birth certificate. When he finally produced it, they discovered he was born a woman. That was the end of that. To join our fraternity you must be "Born a Man!" No exceptions (Eastern Star is a different thing). Now since this happened, I can see storms on the Horizon. Once a precedence is set it's hard to turn it around. But we gotta try or we'll lose all of our values and culture.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    My girl does "boy things." Better than most boys, and better than some men actually. It was actually sad to see her doing some boy things with aplomb, while a boy her age was acting like a little wussy, or something that rhymes. Sad to see the boy acting like a bitch, is what I mean.
    Boy or girl, there is no excuse for acting like a little bitch. What I am saying is that if my son was into wearing makeup, dresses and playing with dolls, is that while it would confuse and frighten me for some time, I hope that I would come to the realization that the behavior is well within the range of "normal". Insisting that me and everyone else calls him Nicole and a girl would be silly. Then these parents (and doctors) that give their kids hormone therapy and all that stuff are completely out of line.

In other words, we need to stop confusing social gender roles with a person's sex. If Bruce Jenner wants to wear dresses and makeup, more power to him. If he wants us to call him Caitlyn, whatever. If he identifies with female gender roles and wants to live that way, so be it. It will never make him a woman though.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,201 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Don't Quit! Stay and fight. The lefties are counting on moral guys like you giving up. Hey we need to start a petition. I'd be proud to sign it. Not persecuting or discriminating against Gays is one thing. I'm all for that, but when you allow someone who was born a certain sex and says they've changed, and they're still biologically what they were at birth (Surgery doesn't count), they shouldn't be allowed to cross that line.

I'm a Master Mason. We require a birth certificate along with your petition to join. We all had a lesson on this about 7 years back. We had a prospective new member and they ask him for his birth certificate. When he finally produced it, they discovered he was born a woman. That was the end of that. To join or fraternity you must be "Born a Man!" No exceptions. Now since this happened, I can see storms on the Horizon. Once a precedence is set it's hard to turn it around.

BSA policy might as well be written in stone once it is written, I am waiting to see if they will care if I have left the fold.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    BSA policy might as well be written in stone once it is written, I am waiting to see if they will care if I have left the fold.

Well, you have my well wishes and prayers that this rectifies itself. By my post you see that this will affect more than just the Boy Scouts. It will affect the very core of our values and way of life.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • hawk18hawk18 Senior Member Posts: 742 Senior Member
    My thoughts are...if you don't fit in to the club you are wanting to join, maybe you shouldn't join that club. Join another. Or make your own.
    Kinda like me joining the local country club. One of them you have to live in the housing development to be a member of the club. Would I try and force my way into that club on the basis it's not fair that I can't join because I don't meet the requirements? No. Why? Because it's their club. I don't meet the requirements. (The fact that I'd stand out like a **** in sweatpants if I walked in not withstanding. )

This (and what Jerm said, I couldn't get cut and paste to work)

I don't have much of a dog in this fight. My sons are mid to upper 30's. But, after a family meeting, we withdrew our sons from BSA in the late 80's due to a difference of values. A Life Scout, a Boy Scout and a Weblo (sp). I was an asst. scoutmaster, as were a couple of very good other fathers. Ours was a problem with a single leader and not with the national office. Soon after, the changes started which will ultimately reduce BSA to just Scouts. I do notice the double standard is alive and well since a local add for scout leaders for the GSA specified the applicants must be female. Oh darn!

Hawk
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,043 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    My thoughts are...if you don't fit in to the club you are wanting to join, maybe you shouldn't join that club. Join another. Or make your own.

devil-136289.JPG
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »

I'm a Master Mason. We require a birth certificate along with your petition to join. We all had a lesson on this about 7 years back. We had a perspective new member, I think up around Houston, and they ask him for his birth certificate. When he finally produced it, they discovered he was born a woman. That was the end of that. To join our fraternity you must be "Born a Man!" No exceptions (Eastern Star is a different thing). Now since this happened, I can see storms on the Horizon. Once a precedence is set it's hard to turn it around. But we gotta try or we'll lose all of our values and culture.
    I completely disagree. I think everyone with the original core values should band together and form a new organization. All of the cowards that bowed to the less than 1% should be banned from ever joining the new org. When an org like the boy scouts utterly fails for bowing, down then the next will stand. Examples must be made.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    It sounds like the kid isn't the problem. He/She/It has been condemned to a life of confusion and disappointment, and probably a suicide attempt or two before getting it right and dying prematurely, all because a screwed-up parent craved her 15 minutes if shame!
    Jerry