Hate seeking missiles, this is what I'm talking about

alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior MemberPosts: 8,665 Senior Member
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-kansas-india-idUSKBN16623I

In the past I've used the term "hate seeking missiles" to describe the actions of morons and psychos who are driven to violence by hatred that often even normalized and socially acceptable. This Mensa candidate somehow thought he was doing his patriotic duty and protecting Kansas from "Islamic jihad" by shooting a couple of Indian engineers and killing one of them. Yes hate speech is still protected speech, but hate speech kills.
"Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
-DoctorWho

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,738 Senior Member
    Oh, you mean like all these hollyweird liberals saying all trump supporters should be killed?
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,465 Senior Member
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-kansas-india-idUSKBN16623I
    Yes hate speech is still protected speech, but hate speech kills.
    I disagree. It's not speech that kills; it's a person with a disregard for human life that kills, and they'll use whatever excuse is convenient to justify their evil and disguise their cowardice.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,507 Senior Member
    To bad he wasn't part of a mob of people that just beat them bloody and left them lay in the street. Then would have been OK...........
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,110 Senior Member
    bobbyrlf3 wrote: »
    I disagree. It's not speech that kills; it's a person with a disregard for human life that kills, and they'll use whatever excuse is convenient to justify their evil and disguise their cowardice.
    While true, the rhetoric has been sickening. When people get fed enough of the line that white/black/brown/yellow/red people are evil and out to get them, they actually start believing it and it gives them the excuse they were looking for to treat people not like them, like crap.

The brainiac murderer thought he killed some Iranians. Even if they were Iranians, he still had no business killing people except for self defense.

Knightpoet-- Since when did Michael Shannon become Hollywood? I never even heard of the guy until I looked it up just now. And because someone else acts like an ass gives us the right to be asses?
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,346 Senior Member
    "Guilty as Hell- - - - -Free as a bird"- - - - -in the words of Obummer's bomb-maker buddy and ghost-writer of his "autobiograpy"- - - -Bill Ayers. But that's OK- - - -he's a dummycrap! All he did was built the bomb that killed someone, and now he's a college professor.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    Wrong as two boys makin love fer him to shoot that man.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,613 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    To bad he wasn't part of a mob of people that just beat them bloody and left them lay in the street. Then would have been OK...........

That seems to be the liberal ideology, if one nutjob commits a racist crime, they represent the Republicans party, if a group of people commit crimes against a city or neighborhood over displeasure with some event sponsored by a republican, they're just innocent people displaying their frustration with the administration.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,665 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    That seems to be the liberal ideology, if one nutjob commits a racist crime, they represent the Republicans party, if a group of people commit crimes against a city or neighborhood over displeasure with some event sponsored by a republican, they're just innocent people displaying their frustration with the administration.
    They're both wrong and criminal. But I think most of us would rank murder above vandalism in order of severity. And yes if some liberal kills some random white guy because of his Confederate flag sticker on his pickup truck it's just as bad as if there driver of said pickup truck were to drag a gay man behind it. We have far too much hatred in this country and it's starting to boil over. It needs to stop.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,111 Senior Member
    There's much more violence coming from the left than from the other side. That guy in the OP is a skeeter-brained nut job, regardless of his politics.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    cpj wrote: »
    Let's drink a beer and have some chips and salsa.
    That is racist and condescending to Mexicans. And if that beer was Bud Light, it isn't only an insult to Germans, but humanity in general.
    caedite eos novit enim dominus qui sunt eius

Jerry
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,738 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »

Knightpoet-- Since when did Michael Shannon become Hollywood? I never even heard of the guy until I looked it up just now. And because someone else acts like an ass gives us the right to be asses?
    Just a counterpoint of hate speech from "his side" of the fence.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

I never got the impression that it was exclusive to the right. There seem to be buttholes all over the political spectrum. There are people out there that I have never met that hate me because I am white, a man, an American, a "Yankee", and my non-religion. The least they could do is get to know me first before hating my guts, but nooooooooooooooooo..... since I am not like them and others in their "tribe", they find it necessary to go ahead and bring on the hatred toward some caricature that exists in their small minds of what they expect me to be, using only their ignorance to guide them.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    IMO it's not televised political rhetoric that ignites these shadow dwellers, it's the real or imagined anonymity that internet social media provides. A portion of the dialogue that takes place on line is extreme in its malicious content. More so than a past world of individual accountability would foster. Most people can see such things in the ugly light of what it is, but a very few are primed towards the hate seeking missle of reference.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    I never got the impression that it was exclusive to the right. There seem to be buttholes all over the political spectrum. There are people out there that I have never met that hate me because I am white, a man, an American, a "Yankee", and my non-religion. The least they could do is get to know me first before hating my guts, but nooooooooooooooooo..... since I am not like them and others in their "tribe", they find it necessary to go ahead and bring on the hatred toward some caricature that exists in their small minds of what they expect me to be, using only their ignorance to guide them.

Me too, except the Yam Dankee part :tooth:

Jerm is OK in my book, y'all hear!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Me too, except the Yam Dankee part :tooth:

Jerm is OK in my book, y'all hear!
    I have met Yankees. They live in New England. Some Yankees are pretty cool. Some are jerks. They all talk funny to the point where I can hardly understand them. I ain't no Yankee. I am a proud Michigander.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,656 Senior Member
    Keep your gun handy we are going down a dark road and I don't see it getting any better.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,957 Senior Member
    A mentally off balanced man that probably watched too many Trump supporters get beaten at Trump rallies. Saw how Iranians treated the people captured on those coastal patrol boats, and didn't like the non response of our government under Obama. And probably saw some of the militant ME and Iranian people here marching with provocative signs, ISIS flags, and yelling 'Aloha Snack Bar!', and he finally stepped over the edge of the precipice. It's all on him, and blaming someone else for goading him into what he did is avoiding the issue. And that issue is that he was mentally unbalanced and, as the 'snowflakes' would say, got triggered into action. If it hadn't been this it would have eventually been something else eventually.

And for the record, it's the Left that is attempting to shut down free speech, rioting, burning, looting, and having the audacity to call their 'opposition' Fascists while carrying out the basis of Fascists in their own actions. They keep pushing, and they will reap that which they have sown.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

tennmike wrote: »
    And for the record, it's the Left that is attempting to shut down free speech, rioting, burning, looting, and having the audacity to call their 'opposition' Fascists while carrying out the basis of Fascists in their own actions. They keep pushing, and they will reap that which they have sown.
    I think you stated a bit more clearly what Paul and JBP was getting at. Don't get me wrong, from my point of view the left is the worst at stirring this crap, but the right aren't angels either and it all really needs to stop.

I turn on NPR on the way to work this morning and there are some jackasses on there preaching how our society is "white supremacist" and people like me are part of the problem I guess for merely existing. Just south of me, there was a bomb threat at a Jewish pre-school. What the hell? What the hell is wrong with people? Crap!!! A freaking pre-school.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    And yet liberals are totally mute on Madonna, Ashley Jud, Maxine Waters...
    That is my purpose in life. All three are idiots. Sadly, Madonna was a Michigan gal. I think she lost her way sometime back around Sean Penn.
    Now, Enzo- - - - -everybody knows liberals can't hate.
    :nono:
    Jerry
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Just a counterpoint of hate speech from "his side" of the fence.

I have spoken out about what I see as growing hatred coming from the left as well. The jackhole in Dallas was no doubt influenced by the growing anti-police rhetoric. The anti-Trump rhetoric has already exceeded much of the anti-Obama rhetoric I've heard. It certainly isn't only on one side.
    -DoctorWho
    early wrote: »
    IMO it's not televised political rhetoric that ignites these shadow dwellers, it's the real or imagined anonymity that internet social media provides. A portion of the dialogue that takes place on line is extreme in its malicious content. More so than a past world of individual accountability would foster. Most people can see such things in the ugly light of what it is, but a very few are primed towards the hate seeking missle of reference.

This is a good observation. The internet makes it easier for the unhinged to find like-minded individuals and the self-imposed echo chambers that many encase themselves in only amplify the hate and certainty of the correctness of their views.

It is true that only a fraction of individuals in the population are predisposed to such actions, but the number is non-zero. Spread a convincing enough message to a large enough population and events like this are inevitable and unstoppable.
    -DoctorWho
    And yet liberals are totally mute on Madonna, Ashley Jud, Maxine Waters...

Madonna is a has-been looking for attention, but what she said was idiotic and dangerous. Maxine Waters I can't stand to listen to for more than half a second, she's a complete moron, but I don't think she said anything that half the republican party said about Obama at some point over the past 8 years. What Ashley Judd said (if we're thinking of the same controversy) was almost certainly true.
    -DoctorWho
  • john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    If everyone converted to islam we could all live in peace just like in the middle east, the sacred land of allah. May he be at peace.
    john9001 wrote: »
    If everyone converted to islam we could all live in peace just like in the middle east, the sacred land of allah. May he be at peace.
    You better watch out. Those crazy Muslims are out to get you.
    hqdefault.jpg
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,078 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Here here!

"Hear, hear" is grammatically correct. Sorry, OCD
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,111 Senior Member
    ....................Yes it's easy to downplay the rants of our own side while amping the idiocy of the guys across the fence. The news media does it all day long on both sides for ratings but quite frankly, liberals have elevated it to an art form because they have the privilege of having the BRAINWASHED masses solidly in their voting ranks...

I agree except for the bolded word. A lot of them have college degrees, but are too ignorant to acknowledge the truth.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,590 Senior Member
    You know, this thread made me go back and watch the entire video of what Ashley Judd said. Holy Smokes, I have never heard anyone go on and on with such uncalled for hate.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,494 Senior Member
    I agree except for the bolded word. A lot of them have college degrees, but are too ignorant to acknowledge the truth.

Who ever said that a education makes you smart?
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.