5 round AR-15 magazines

2»

Replies

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,684 Senior Member
    Michakav wrote: »
    As an update. Received the C-Products mags. today. They appear to be very good quality just like other CP I have had. Stainless body and spring with an orange anti-tilt follower. Will post a range report this coming week.
    Good, I'm interested in your range report.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,210 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Good, I'm interested in your range report.

Edited. The spring is chrome-silicon in the 5 rounders.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,548 Senior Member
    As an update. Received the C-Products mags. today. They appear to be very good quality just like other CP I have had. Stainless body with an orange anti-tilt follower. Will post a range report this coming week.

If any interest, I got them from here....http://www.shop.northriverllc.com/05-Round-CPD-223-556-Stainless-Steel-Magazine-C05223SBO.htm

Shipping was $7 for 6.
    I will be surprised if they're not 100%
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

knitepoet wrote: »
    I will be surprised if they're not 100%

Me too. Never had a C-Product fail yet. Not that I have ever really abused them, but still.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 6,864 Senior Member
    PA has adopted a 6 round limit. 5 in the mag. and 1 in the chamber. That is according to the draft of the game commission. Yet to be finalized in mid March.

I am glad you posted this thread. I was pretty pumped to see that PA finally stepped out of Biblical times and started allowing semi-auto rifles for big game hunting, and also wanted some advice on 5-round options.
    Agree, but the Fudds arent the ones who will try to spray and pray. The Fudds are the ones who will scream if they hear shots that sound like what they consider to fast.

I am holding off on the mags for now, in case in Mar they do a caliber restriction. Either way, it is still the NM for groundhogs this spring. I need to work up a load in about a 65gr Nos varmageddon I am thinking.

I'm gonna stand pat for a few more weeks, too, just to be sure. For the record, I had no clue just how many Fudds PA has in its population until reading around when the semi-auto bill was up for passage. The level of ignorance is horrifying. It's cute that so many of the Fudds think that despite the fact that 48 states allowed semi-autos for hunting without issues before the bill passed that somehow, PA is special and will have magical problems unique *only* to PA.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,316 Senior Member
    What astounds me on a regular basis is what some people thing is required to take a deer. That board that you are on about PA can come up with some threads with some special kind of stupid. Couple years ago there was a non joke thread about how a guy was adamant about haw a 3030 was underpowered for deer. Come to find out he shot in the butt quartering away, and it didnt fall over. The last one his buddys sisters late husbands former roommate shot in the butt with the Mag Du Jour was DRT.

As a group, PA riflemen are pretty good, but it is a big group that leaves a lot of bodies in that 10% with some weird ideas.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    cpj wrote: »
    Ok. I'm confused as a blind lesbian in a Red Lobster. What's the connection between Sunday's and trespassing?
    Side note, not allowing hunting on Sunday is stupid.

Here is the deal. PA is mostly rural and heavy in AG. We also put about 900,000 people in the woods during deer season, down from over 1M. With unenforced trespass laws and antiquated fines, farmers and landowners have to deal with people wandering all over their property 6 days a week with little enforcement. The game Commission (bunny cops) refuse to issue trespass violations UNLESS there is a game law violation. So if you shoot a doe without a doe lic, AND are trespassing you will get busted for poaching and trespassing. If a properly licensed hunter trespasses on your property, takes a deer, the PGC will do squat. If they run their 4 wheeler on your property to get the deer, they will do squat. If they cut your fence to run their 4 wheeler on your property to get their deer, they will do squat. Trying to get a cop on a trespass call? Might as well buy a raffle ticket. Odds are slim. If you do get a cop to show up, they may not cite the perp because they dont know what the law is in most cases. There have been stories told through generations about when you can be on anothers land that for some reason are never checked against law by folk who want to use other peoples stuff. Great example is signage. The law says (for defiant trespass, more then simple trespass) that signs must be visible to a reasonable person. The fairy tales state that they must be signed (nope) must be X feet apart (nope) of a certain color or height, pick a excuse. A gas line is open land to some of these folks because its a ROW. If their great grandpa owned the property at one time they think they have rights. If they hunted it in the past they think they have rights even if they were trespassing on it the whole time. Hunting isnt even the biggest trespass issue. Those stupid Mobile Trespass Units known as 4 wheelers have fired more landowners up in the last 25 years than anything else. FYI, I am a landowner and have heard most of these excuses in first person.

Currently Sunday, hunting is not allowed for most game, you can still hunt crow and preds, guess what? It is a game law violation for big game. Guess what happens to folks hunting on Sun? The PGC steps in and they lose lic. and/or get fined in a big way. So take a wild guess what isnt a problem for farmers and landowners on Sunday?

So, when some folks wanted to lift the blue law know as Sunday hunting farmers in the Pa Farm Bureau took the stand that it aint gonna happen. The PFB works with the PGC on stuff like deer damage permits and opening land to hunters but the trespass is going to be addressed before Sun hunting happens.

Its funny how the Sun Hunting proponents are against stiffer fines and clear trespass laws. They also refuse to start with varmints and expanded preds, and birds. I have been watching the argument for years. Makes you wonder why.
    Could not get out this week for a test. PA weather has been a little weird. Will be 60-70 deg. for a few days and then back into the 30's.

Hopefully next week.
    18 tonight 4 in of snow today, Sunday in the 50s
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 6,864 Senior Member
    What astounds me on a regular basis is what some people thing is required to take a deer. That board that you are on about PA can come up with some threads with some special kind of stupid. Couple years ago there was a non joke thread about how a guy was adamant about haw a 3030 was underpowered for deer. Come to find out he shot in the butt quartering away, and it didnt fall over. The last one his buddys sisters late husbands former roommate shot in the butt with the Mag Du Jour was DRT.

As a group, PA riflemen are pretty good, but it is a big group that leaves a lot of bodies in that 10% with some weird ideas.
    I missed those threads, but your account of how those threads went doesn't surpise me at all. I have been there long enough to see a few guys discuss the importance of having a heavy-caliber, brush-busting rifle because they take calculated shots through 4" thick birch trees and kill deer on a regular basis as such with no deflection or other issues. Gotta respect a skilled woodsman...
    Its funny how the Sun Hunting proponents are against stiffer fines and clear trespass laws. They also refuse to start with varmints and expanded preds, and birds. I have been watching the argument for years. Makes you wonder why.

Part of me thinks that the state believes that they can't effectively enforce tresspass laws against the jokers who do it. Lord knows that in a fairly short time hunting in PA, I had a guy cut right across the field I was hunting lile he had every right to be there until he noticed my buddy in the field. Then he boogied into the woods.

What the state doesn't seem to get is that you don't need to carch every one of them to get results. A few guys get hammered with $2,000 fines and lose their hunting privileges for the season, and you'll see a ahor dropoff in "unintentional" tresspass and 4-wheeler crossings.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
2»