Home Main Category Clubhouse

Mufflers and Crime!

DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior MemberPosts: 3,395 Senior Member
Well, with the increased use of vehicles for mass murder, I propose legislation to make "Mufflers" illegal. Cars have become too quiet. The police can't hear them when they are being used in a crime. I mean, look how the "Silencer" laws have reduced firearms related murders in Chicago.
It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain

Replies

• NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    So true!

And just like me and others who also spent a little to much time at short tracks wrenching on Saturday nights ... people would learn the word TINNITUS from everyday driving.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    And to think, the tickets that I got in the 70's for "excessive noise" caused by thrush mufflers was actually me being ahead of my time.:jester:
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    people would learn the word TINNITUS from everyday driving.

A lot of us old geezers have "rectal tinnitus"- - - - -that ringing in the ears caused by a lifetime of listening to azzoles!
    Jerry
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    A lot of us old geezers have "rectal tinnitus"- - - - -that ringing in the ears caused by a lifetime of listening to azzoles!
    Jerry

I thought that was called "hearing aids".
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    I wouldn't mind it if the mufflers were legislated illegal and removed from all those cars, trucks, buses, motorcycles, and other motor vehicles in the big cities. It would drown out the noise of all the screeching, slobbering, foaming at the mouth, flaming **** Democrats/Liberals that infest them. And they'd all go insane,well, more insane than they are now, from sleep deprivation and start thinning their heard the old fashioned way. Sounds like a winner to me!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams