Home Main Category Clubhouse

Cataract surgery on right eye done and back home

2»

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,400 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Not sure how I missed this..
    But anyway glad you're on the mend! Since you are not quite up to speed with your vision, stay out of the shop away from power tools. You don't need a hook to go with your patch!

My left peeper works just fine, and I can see well enough out of the right now to keep me out of trouble. But I won't be doing any lathe or milling machine stuff until both eyes have been operated on and healed. I have lots of safety glasses with side shields thanks to Uncle Sugar, but I won't be doing shop stuff. I don't think shop fumes from the mill and lathe are conducive to healing an eyeball! Gonna be tight schedule getting ready for the Shoot because of that. I have a few 'must do' things to complete before then.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • ojrojr Senior Member Posts: 1,092 Senior Member
    I'm pleased it all went well.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    ojr wrote: »
    I'm pleased it all went well.

Thanky!
    It's getting on to that time of year when the gals peel out of their winter cocoons! Need to see good to appreciate the scenery, as it were! :roll2: That right eye has been giving me a fit the last few months with eyestrain from that cataract. It couldn't focus no matter how hard it tried. Vision in the eye is clearing up nicely at distance and should get better over the next week, or so the Doc told me. Getting the left one done three weeks from now, and then I'll be all fixee! Well, all fixee except for my brain; no way to straighten that mess out! :tooth:
    ― Douglas Adams
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,815 Senior Member
    I hope it continues to get better. I had a heck of a time when they fixed my first one, I couldn't see out of my glasses or without them. I went back to an older pair that weren't as strong and got by for 2 weeks until they did my other eye. It is worth all the PIA in the end, being able so see good again is great.
    My distance vision in the right eye is getting real good. Popped the right lens out of my glasses this morning. I'm going to need drug store reading glasses, I think. Stuff far off is in good focus, but close up stuff like a computer screen is not in focus unless I use a magnifying glass. :roll2:

Be glad to get the left one done in three weeks and get rid of glasses for good except for reading, and safety glasses for shootin' and millin' and running the lathe.
    ― Douglas Adams