Home Main Category Clubhouse

'Stick gun' gets 5-year-old suspended from North Carolina school

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
Well, I reckon kids can't say "Stick'm up" anymo! :tooth: :roll2: :roll2:

That teacher and school needs its employees to be evaluated for mental RETARDATION. The teacher needs to be suspended for a day without pay and the principal.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/03/29/stick-gun-gets-5-year-old-suspended-from-north-carolina-school.html
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    Hard to make a case that teachers are underpaid with antics like this going on in schools.
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,493 Senior Member
    It's a school district policy, likely written by folks who can't manage their own classrooms who have been "promoted" out of the classroom, coupled with a zero tolerance standard which does not allow teachers or administrators to use any discretion - not acting could have lead to disciplinary actions against them, including possible termination. I don't like it, but we as a society have allowed the milquetoast among us to push for the implementation of such rules.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/03/30/5-year-old-girl-suspended-from-school-for-playing-with-stick-gun-at-recess/?utm_term=.5e68913b281b
    Overkill is underrated.
  • GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Posts: 1,088 Senior Member
    I'm willing to bet that when this type of creative, imaginative play was still commonplace and acceptable these teachers and Board of Education members likely weren't even born yet.

And it's only going to get worse as the "Old Guard" dies off and is replaced by liberal, hipster wienies...
    I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA, Pietta 1860 .44 snubnose
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Buncha idiots with the zero tolerance crap and the people that wrote it. When I was going to school the boys that had 'em brought our cap pistols to school and played 'cattle management experts and indigenous natives', and cops and robbers at recess. Only one out of that group that got in trouble later in life was an accountant that got busted for keeping two sets of books for a local manufacturing company. The rest of us grew up to be mostly normal, sorta kinda, more or less.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,654 Senior Member
    One more time:

"In the first place, God created idiots. That was for practice. Then He created school boards." --Mark Twain

And by extension, school administrators of all types. Now I guess its even infecting the teachers...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,712 Senior Member
    We have dangerous sticks in this state!!!
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,934 Senior Member
    You guys need to update your name calling. If you pay any attention at all to the likes of Bill O'Reilly or Sean Hannity, you would know that the proper term is now "snowflake".

Get with it, guys.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    You guys need to update your name calling. If you pay any attention at all to the likes of Bill O'Reilly or Sean Hannity, you would know that the proper term is now "snowflake".

Get with it, guys.

What...Dork, ****, Dumb Ass, Clown, Sunshine, Sheet Haid, Pecker Haid, Richard Weed, Numb Nuts, Gomez, Momma's Boy, Wussy, Sheet Fer Brains, Nerd, Mental Midget, Freak, and many others don't work anymo?

I guess Snowflakes are in a class of their own..................:tooth: :roll2: :roll2:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,670 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    What...Dork, ****, Dumb Ass, Clown, Sunshine, Sheet Haid, Pecker Haid, Richard Weed, Numb Nuts, Gomez, Momma's Boy, Wussy, Sheet Fer Brains, Nerd, Mental Midget, Freak, and many others don't work anymo?

I guess Snowflakes are in a class of their own..................:tooth: :roll2: :roll2:

How about DICKHEADS?
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    How about DICKHEADS?

Hey, you are computer savvy..................
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »

Get with it, guys.

Snowflakes are useful as they are just stiff water crystals. Them folks ALL OVER THE U.S. that adhere to and support this mindset and zero tolerance mess are, at best, WORM FOOD IN WAITING, and should live their lives in such a manner as to shorten the wait.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams