Home Main Category Clubhouse

Well if I pass the physical...........

2»

Replies

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,156 Senior Member
    Just as many yellow jackets as flies

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,973 Senior Member
    Opportunity is often dressed in overalls and looks like work. Congrats on the new job. The physical includes a drug screening and I bet a commitment to random screening as well.

Coming off nights can take two days to adjust. Make sure you have a dark cold room to sleep in and limit your light exposure.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,187 Senior Member
    BigDanS wrote: »
    Opportunity is often dressed in overalls and looks like work. Congrats on the new job. The physical includes a drug screening and I bet a commitment to random screening as well.

Coming off nights can take two days to adjust. Make sure you have a dark cold room to sleep in and limit your light exposure.

D

What he said.

Best of luck in your latest endeavor! And won't that new paycheck be fantastic?! Couldn't be happier for you!
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    Yep. 4 midnights, 2 off, 4 days, 2 off, 4 m, 2 off, 4 days....... 8 days off. :)

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Similar to the 12 hr schedule I worked at nuke power. 4 days on, 3 off, 3 mids on, 4 days off 3 days on, 4 midnights off, then 5 days of 8 hour shifts(training week, and then 7 days off.

The shift schedule you have will mess your sleep up BAD. And the 12 hour shifts are a bear if you need to get anything done around the homestead. All your off days are playing catch up, but the 8 days off are like the mini vacation cherry on top!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    I worked a rotating shift for 10 years when I worked at International Paper. 7 days of afternoons, one day off, 7 days of day shift, 2 days off, 7 days of midnight's, then 4 days off.

I always make a box out of styrofoam to cover the bedroom window. No light and cuts down sound when the neighbor decides to mow at 8:00am....

I've always wanted to try one of those daylight simulators alarm clocks that slowly illuminate the bedroom before your alarm goes off. Supposed to 'trick' your internal clock.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,148 Senior Member
    Hell yeah, this is great news!
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,914 Senior Member
    Back when I just got out of the Army I ws working in a DoD Communications Center on this schedule....3 days, 3 Swings, 3 Mids, 3 days off....after a year of that you didn't know if you were coming or going...we finally revolted and got to bid on permanent shifts...The Fire Department schedule was a straight 24 on 48 off....much better deal...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,973 Senior Member
    Use tin foil on the windows as it is opaque.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • mosseybuckmosseybuck Member Posts: 524 Senior Member
    Good luck on your physical, hope you get the job!
    USMC '59-'65, NRA Lifer, Tennessee Squire
    mosseybuck wrote: »
    Good luck on your physical, hope you get the job!

Thanks. I did pass the physical, but my BP was high (not to high for physical). Gonna have to start eating better.......... 20090515_001_wm155_020.jpg?w=949
    My stepson passed his welding test. Starts his job on Monday. He had to go pee in a bottle this morning.

I asked Momma, "Are you proud your baby is taking his first piss test?'' She said, "And it's not ever court ordered!" :applause::applause::roll2: