Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Bombs Away

123457»

Replies

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,615 Senior Member
    Well golly Gene you want me to whip it out so you can measure, post my records brief for you to see, tell you who was in the situation room on 2 may listening to the hit....

You're right lots of folks in the forum have military experience, some may have spent a year on R&R at china beach and others may have been around the block once or twice, or even two or three different blocks. Either way you don't know...

I will say that today I saw SECDEF Mathis sit with a man I trust, and tell the world he is certain Asaad conducted the attacks. So on that speculation I was wrong. However, I still don't agree with what was done.
    I also learned today the airstrip was not the target, and we did accomplish our target goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What the heck are you talking about? China Beach? I have no idea where that is. A TV show, I think.

Also, I believe it's Mattis.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,912 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote:
    Wambli Ska wrote: »

Plop Plop, Fizz Fizz, Oh what a relief it is! :applause:

It must be a YUUUUUGE burden trying to be right constantly.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    What the heck are you talking about? China Beach? I have no idea where that is. A TV show, I think.

Also, I believe it's Mattis.

This place.

http://wardogs.com/vcbcbl.html

https://www.travelfish.org/sight_profile/vietnam/central_vietnam/da_nang/da_nang/3325
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,987 Senior Member
    Reserves are a theoretical indicator. No more no less. There is plenty of oil out there that is undesirable because of geography, political climate, quality of the crude and economic viability of extraction/processing. As I said before, production is the number that matters.

Not really, reserves are accessible or they arent reserves. One of the reasons that Russia wants Exxon in Siberia is because Exxon has the tech to retrieve what they have. The Marcellus gas boom opened up when the tech made Marcellus gas a reserve that could be tapped. Deep horizontal drilling has also placed Utica and Huron in the NE in reserve.

If you cant tap it, it isnt a reserve.

Proven only means that the amount that can be retrieved is proven.

EX Marcellus was not a reserve until the tech came on line and it could be tapped. After that they determine that they can prove they can draw xx% of the available reserve.
    http://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/proved-reserves.asp

DEFINITION of 'Proved Reserves'

A classification used in mining sectors that refers to the amount of resources that can be recovered from the deposit with a reasonable level of certainty. Proved reserves is a common metric quoted by companies such as oil, natural gas, coal and other commodity-based companies.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    tennmike wrote: »

I was in RVN in 1968-69, but never went to China Beach. Was out in the field most of my time.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,987 Senior Member
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,137 Senior Member
    She was so hot....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    She was so hot....

Yeah, she was....................and it looks like she has those fatigue pants on backwards............ :tooth:
    ― Douglas Adams
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,534 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    I was in RVN in 1968-69, but never went to China Beach. Was out in the field most of my time.

Gene....you're not the only person here who is served in the military, by the way, unless you qualify your strategic ability, you are just another person with an opinion.

"To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    it looks like she has those fatigue pants on backwards............ :tooth:

That's the Ben Dover style!
    Jerry
    Gene....you're not the only person here who is served in the military, by the way, unless you qualify your strategic ability, you are just another person with an opinion.

You go first. I'll follow. However, I'm not questioning the decisions of the General Staff and since you are, you go first as to your qualifications as to question their judgement. My opinion, yes, but is there anything that qualifies YOUR opinion?
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,912 Senior Member
    All you get here are opinions from anonymous voices in the cyber universe. There is no place to verify creds before you post here. For all we know all members here are just a bunch of zit covered 12 year old video game playing ninjas operating out of our parents basement.

There comes a time when it's more of a battle of egos than anything else.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    Back to the original topic, the talking heads on Fox just announced that Assad told a French news agency that the chemical attacks were a complete fabrication by the US and didn't happen. Trump made the whole thing up in order to justify the attack on his military.
    The mentality of some of these foreign countries is sometimes rediculously childish in that the leaders will blatantly lie about an issue that most everyone knows the facts about. Even somebody here used the phrase "alleged chemical attacks". I have no where near the exposure to military activities as I once did or as several here still do but I know enough to be confident that if we launched a missile attack on someone, it was with ample evidence and justification and not based on a guess. I'm sure that we have samples of the agent and delivery method, and likely know the tail numbers of the aircraft involved. Matters like this are not based on assumptions or guesses.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Didn't he end up being one of obummer's press secretaries?
    Jerry
    Do we all remember Baghdad Bob?

Wasn't he the guy in Baghdad doing a live broadcast saying the U.S. forces were nowhere close, while an M-1 Abrams tank was rolling by in the background? :rotflmao:
    ― Douglas Adams
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    Back to the original topic, the talking heads on Fox just announced that Assad told a French news agency that the chemical attacks were a complete fabrication by the US and didn't happen. Trump made the whole thing up in order to justify the attack on his military.
    The mentality of some of these foreign countries is sometimes rediculously childish in that the leaders will blatantly lie about an issue that most everyone knows the facts about. Even somebody here used the phrase "alleged chemical attacks". I have no where near the exposure to military activities as I once did or as several here still do but I know enough to be confident that if we launched a missile attack on someone, it was with ample evidence and justification and not based on a guess. I'm sure that we have samples of the agent and delivery method, and likely know the tail numbers of the aircraft involved. Matters like this are not based on assumptions or guesses.

I attended a seminar once where one of the speakers was a world traveler. He related how that the first time he ever went to Syria, they were celebrating one of their national holidays - their 1967 victory over Israel in the Six Day War.
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,534 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Didn't he end up being one of obummer's press secretaries?
    Jerry

That one made me spew my drink

"To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    YES!!!

Some of funniest stuff I've ever seen on TV! Every day he did these complete fantasy briefings talking about the victories by the Iraq forces and the casualties inflicted on the ranks of the invaders. :tooth:

We must remember these statements (like most of what our politicians say) are meant for the locals to consume. Our press conferences and briefings are the butt of many a joke around the world every day.

For anyone paying attention over here those press conferences and briefings are a joke. They remind me of a turkey farm and all the turkeys (reporters) gobbling all at once trying to ask a question. Nothing but incoherent noise!
    ― Douglas Adams