Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Video's of Police.

13

Replies

  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,162 Senior Member
    Realize that, however, how much more chipping away of our Constitution are we going to take? If and when Congress and the state legislatures ever repeal our 2nd (chances are they will at some later time) are you going to feel the same way when gun owners are "breaking the law" because of contraband and cops are going door to door rounding them up and making criminals out of us? I said it before and I'll say it again - the police (as a whole) are completely out of control.

    jesus%20facepalm_zpsjzgjso9e.jpg
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • 6EQUJ5 - WOW!6EQUJ5 - WOW! Banned Posts: 482 Member
    early wrote: »
    Some of the tone of this thread confirms my thoughts on the power of these images on tv. This is not necessarily a negative outcome, but the potential for harm to our communities is real.

    I've had two personal interactions with LEO's in the past few years that resulted in what I felt were unjust outcomes. Having said that, I'm a very long way from the police are out of control camp. My life experience simply does not support this.

    I don't issue a blank check either. I want real evidence in its entirety to form my perception.

    Good point. However, the LEO problems are manifesting each and every day with more and more reports of police brutality. If we don't solve this epidemic then we'll soon be beyond a point where our constitution is destroyed beyond all repair. Heck, we're getting there already.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Tactical-facepalm_c_122898.jpg

    The whole SWAT team thinks that's just ****!
    Jerry
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,261 Senior Member
    Just maybe if people followed directions when given the police wouldnt have to force issues?
    If they are wrong file complaints and dont give up
    Fighting with cops you will always lose
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,642 Senior Member
    At least 64 cops killed in the line of duty in 2016. While some (a few) cops may be out of control, a whole lot of civilians are "out of control." The Constitution does not provide protection for being drunk.

    As far as "Jackboots" goes, that term is a canard of the Left. You can't assign the term of out of control to a profession based on a few seconds of video of an individual in a particular situation. The cop does not represent all gun owners no more than the shooter at Newtown represents all gun owners.

    I didn't watch the video, have no idea of whether the cop was out of control but even if I watched it, I wouldn't pass judgement on a few seconds of what I saw. I think we have a new cop hater in our midst. Idaho seems to attract them like flies to sugar.

    https://www.odmp.org/search/year/2016
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    The cop in question didn't weigh 240 pounds. You're a hater who thinks he can brand someone as a psychopath based on a few seconds of video.

    You must have had your ass kicked in the past by a cop.


    So the weight of the cop is what's important? Sheesh.

    Anytime I see a man beating a woman, I label him a psychopath. It doesn't take 20 seconds.

    When anyone dares questions the donut brigade, it must be because a cop beat, or slept with their wife, or been in jail?

    I don't condone police behavior. Don't beat women, don't search without cause, don't shoot dogs when you have the wrong address. Most of all, stop violating the Constitution.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

    Adam J. McCleod


  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    The first time I remember hearing the term jackbooted thugs was from the NRA. Such a leftist organization


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

    Adam J. McCleod


  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Over 1000 citizens killed by cops in 2016. One cop in Detroit had killed 69 dogs. Would you be friends with a guy that had killed 69 pets? You don't think there's behavioral problems with this guy?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

    Adam J. McCleod


  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,642 Senior Member
    Hater: Occupy Democrats. Resist! I'm depressed that the Left has made inroads into the gun community.

    I don't condone illegal police behavior. Don't condone shooting cops or civilians by thugs. Don't automatically condoning drunken Susie Sororities who act out when they're drunk on Daddy's dollars.

    Please don't jump into that pond before knowing the water. I suppose you have your own reasons for hating cops; I have my own reasons for defending cops...in general. You will eventually lose your argument by defending those who hate cops for being cops and those who generalize based on the actions of a few applied to the vast majority...like a few bad gun owners representing the vast majority of good gunowners. Too many people depend on cops for a degree of safety.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • 6EQUJ5 - WOW!6EQUJ5 - WOW! Banned Posts: 482 Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    So the weight of the cop is what's important? Sheesh.

    Anytime I see a man beating a woman, I label him a psychopath. It doesn't take 20 seconds.

    When anyone dares questions the donut brigade, it must be because a cop beat, or slept with their wife, or been in jail?

    I don't condone police behavior. Don't beat women, don't search without cause, don't shoot dogs when you have the wrong address. Most of all, stop violating the Constitution.

    This.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Those who question LEOs in general being anything other than those who try to protect society from evil that many liberals deny exists might need to see what a week ... or even a day ... of blue flu would lead to.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Has anybody ever survived successfully defending himself against a rogue cop's illegal behavior?
    :uhm:
    Jerry
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Has anybody ever survived successfully defending himself against a rogue cop's illegal behavior?
    :uhm:
    Jerry

    There have been a couple instances here where the women survived assault. The assualts were not of the lethal kind and the officers faced justice in accordance with the law. I don't have links. Calling those incidents common would be farcical.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • 6EQUJ5 - WOW!6EQUJ5 - WOW! Banned Posts: 482 Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    Those who question LEOs in general being anything other than those who try to protect society from evil that many liberals deny exists might need to see what a week ... or even a day ... of blue flu would lead to.

    No cops where I live except the occasional county deputy making his rounds once and awhile. We all get along fine without a continuing police presence.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    No cops where I live except the occasional county deputy making his rounds once and awhile. We all get along fine without a continuing police presence.

    Same for where I live but each day a venture to more urban areas for work, groceries, gas, etc where LEOs (city police and deputies). Without a LEO presence there would be a spike in breakins, robbery, car theft and so on. Don't kid yourself into thinking LEOs taking a week or even a day would not lead to trouble ... maybe not at rural homes but think of many cities (Fayetteville, Durham, Greensboro, Charlotte, etc) with an epidemic of blue flu ...
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,642 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Has anybody ever survived successfully defending himself against a rogue cop's illegal behavior?
    :uhm:
    Jerry

    Lots of times. Courts on the state and federal level, SCOTUS on the ultimate level. Unless you mean deadly force, and then "survival" takes on another dimension. Killing a cop is a very serious thing, but even then, there are successful cop killers who beat the system and got an acquittal or otherwise. I can't name any off-hand, but there must be examples.

    Well, a couple of examples. While not "illegal," the killers thought the actions of the LEOs were illegal, or didn't care if they were illegal or not: politics. The cop-killing woman who moved to Cuba is one example come to light recently. She's still there; I can't remember her name. Bill Ayers, while not a shooter himself, was part of a conspiracy where a cop was killed is another example. Barack Obama's early sponsor even though he denies personal responsibility. So, while rare, it happens.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Deadly force is exactly what I mean. If we apply the same rules of self-preservation when confronted with a life-threatening situation that sworn officers do, we would get murdered, and the shooter gets off with a reprimand at worst.
    Jerry
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,577 Senior Member
    Realize that, however, how much more chipping away of our Constitution are we going to take? If and when Congress and the state legislatures ever repeal our 2nd (chances are they will at some later time) are you going to feel the same way when gun owners are "breaking the law" because of contraband and cops are going door to door rounding them up and making criminals out of us? I said it before and I'll say it again - the police (as a whole) are completely out of control.


    I like this fella. We need squirrel turd nuts people for our entertainment.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,577 Senior Member
    Realize that, however, how much more chipping away of our Constitution are we going to take? If and when Congress and the state legislatures ever repeal our 2nd (chances are they will at some later time) are you going to feel the same way when gun owners are "breaking the law" because of contraband and cops are going door to door rounding them up and making criminals out of us? I said it before and I'll say it again - the police (as a whole) are completely out of control.


    I love the ambiguous correlation these people make with the term "rights" when bending its meaning to their agenda.

    More often than not these are closet anarchists who want the "right to do anything" without reprisal.

    Anyone who believes the current state of law enforcement is "out of control" isn't a fool, but a damned fool. Live for so long under the blanket of protected freedoms and prosperity and oh how it's forgotten what tyranny and villainous totalitarian rule we could easily slip into.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,577 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    Same for where I live but each day a venture to more urban areas for work, groceries, gas, etc where LEOs (city police and deputies). Without a LEO presence there would be a spike in breakins, robbery, car theft and so on. Don't kid yourself into thinking LEOs taking a week or even a day would not lead to trouble ... maybe not at rural homes but think of many cities (Fayetteville, Durham, Greensboro, Charlotte, etc) with an epidemic of blue flu ...


    I'll give you a micro scale example.

    In our higher crime areas, they're accustomed to our shift schedules, busier times of day, etc. When patrol cars noticeably vacate the area (like 4 or 5 units lights and sirens speeding to a hot call elsewhere) the crime will spike for an hour or so. They know they have relatively free reign of behavior for a short time.

    And I agree that rural LEO can't be compared to Urban LEO. Not the same environment what so ever. Drive 20 minutes outside of Chicago and it's probably quite tranquil and livable.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    Happy Easter Jason!
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,577 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Happy Easter Jason!


    Likewise, sir.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    The police are essentially reactive. They respond to stimuli - calls, alarms, something suspicious, and so forth, and they generally begin every involvement with the best of intentions. In any regular citizen-police interaction such as a traffic stop or interview, the officer(s) are in control of the situation, but the citizen(s) set the tone. It is rare if ever that a LEO is found misbehaving towards a suspect or witness because the citizen was placid, cooperative, honest and forthcoming. As for citizens who aren't ... they do that at their own risk.

    In any long life, one can expect to have numerous contacts with law enforcement, I've had a dozen or so, and all but twice they turned out well. Yes, 2 poopy-head cops gave me traffic tickets. But otherwise, they were just doing their jobs, and my quiet, compliant attitude has served me very well.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio wrote: »

    You don't have to be a missile scientist to see that is excessive force. Those unarmed little girls are not a real threat to those cops. I'm for the cops. But this is much worse than the Rodney King episode. It could be argued that they needed to subdue him and he was just a tough nut to crack. But you can't tell me it takes the same amount of force to subdue a young girl as it does a 30 year old man.

    I'm not saying all cops are bad. No way! A vast majority are good guys and do a great job. But what I saw on here is in my opinion, abuse. There's what? maybe 1 or 2 out of a thousand that will abuse their authority. That 1or2 need to be punished for their extreme actions.

    I try to give the cop the benefit of the doubt. Like when those LA cops beat on Rodney King. That was abuse. I watched that video for a week trying to see how to give the cop the benefit of the doubt. There was no way. They were all ganged up on him beating him senseless. They should have flipped him over and cuffed him right there and loaded him in the car and took him to the station or jail whatever. Not beat him senseless. they took due process out of the equation. And if 4 or 5 trained grown men couldn't do that they need to go to the gym and do some body building work.

    If they can get away with doing that then the sky's the limit. Familiarity breeds contempt. If a cop can do that to somebody for calling him a pig then he will begin to think it's ok. After a while he will begin to do it to my kid or yours. If my kid was drunk and mouthing off, **** slap him, cuff him and take him to jail. Don't use him for a punching bag.

    And you don't karate a young girl and break her bones for her smart mouth. Turn her on your knee and make her butt black and blue if you must. But don't beat her where you can cause bodily damage.

    If it's a guy (NOT A KID) if he persists whup his ass. Throw him on the ground and do what you have to to gain control. But there's no need to do that to a young girl. That's pure and simple abuse. It doesn't take that kind of force to subdue a 115 pound girl. The cop should use such force as is necessary to gain control of the situation. And if you tell me that much force is necessary for a supposedly trained grown man to subdue a young girl, I'm throwing the BS flag.

    The cop is suppose to keep the peace, take em to jail if need be, but he/she is not judge jury and hangman. He's not there to punish or teach a lesson. The cop should use just enough force to subdue the perp. Leave the punishment phase to the courts. Of course if a cop runs into somebody that can cause him bodily harm. Then he needs to use all force necessary to contain the suspect. What I saw with those girls was above and beyond what was necessary.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,577 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    You don't have to be a missile scientist to see that is excessive force. Those unarmed little girls are not a real threat to those cops. I'm for the cops. But this is much worse than the Rodney King episode. It could be argued that they needed to subdue him and he was just a tough nut to crack. But you can't tell me it takes the same amount of force to subdue a young girl as it does a 30 year old man.

    I'm not saying all cops are bad. No way! A vast majority are good guys and do a great job. But what I saw on here is in my opinion, abuse. There's what? maybe 1 or 2 out of a thousand that will abuse their authority. That 1or2 need to be punished for their extreme actions.

    I try to give the cop the benefit of the doubt. Like when those LA cops beat on Rodney King. That was abuse. I watched that video for a week trying to see how to give the cop the benefit of the doubt. There was no way. They were all ganged up on him beating him senseless. They should have flipped him over and cuffed him right there and loaded him in the car and took him to the station or jail whatever. Not beat him senseless. they took due process out of the equation. And if 4 or 5 trained grown men couldn't do that they need to go to the gym and do some body building work.

    If they can get away with doing that then the sky's the limit. Familiarity breeds contempt. If a cop can do that to somebody for calling him a pig then he will begin to think it's ok. After a while he will begin to do it to my kid or yours. If my kid was drunk and mouthing off, **** slap him, cuff him and take him to jail. Don't use him for a punching bag.

    And you don't karate a young girl and break her bones for her smart mouth. Turn her on your knee and make her butt black and blue if you must. But don't beat her where you can cause bodily damage.

    If it's a guy (NOT A KID) if he persists whup his ass. Throw him on the ground and do what you have to to gain control. But there's no need to do that to a young girl. That's pure and simple abuse. It doesn't take that kind of force to subdue a 115 pound girl. The cop should use such force as is necessary to gain control of the situation. And if you tell me that much force is necessary for a supposedly trained grown man to subdue a young girl, I'm throwing the BS flag.

    The cop is suppose to keep the peace, take em to jail if need be, but he/she is not judge jury and hangman. He's not there to punish or teach a lesson. The cop should use just enough force to subdue the perp. Leave the punishment phase to the courts. Of course if a cop runs into somebody that can cause him bodily harm. Then he needs to use all force necessary to contain the suspect. What I saw with those girls was above and beyond what was necessary.


    Ever seen a 14 year old girl kick a 6'3" 200 pound officers knee sideways and medically retire him after only 7 years of service because he was too easy on her?

    I have.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,577 Senior Member
    Give them an inch they'll take 100 miles.

    Ever seen a 20-something acting like a fool and think, "wow, I wish his/her parent could still give him/her a whooping".

    I can help. :)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Like all of these self serving videos, they start at the end, or the effect phase. The cause phase is not recorded for obvious reasons as it would put the person getting arrested in a bad light. If you watch enough of those YouTube uploads you begin to see the pattern used by the fools to scream 'Police brutality!' The video is edited to push forward the narrative desired. Main stream media does it all the time.

    Sometimes a cop or cops go overboard and get in trouble. A recent case in Atlanta this month got a cop fired. He ran up and stomped the head of a man already handcuffed and on the ground. He's also facing civil charges; don't know about criminal charges. And it's Atlanta so I guess the PD will take a hit. The dash cam video is hard to watch.

    Could the cop have gotten that gal under control without a hard takedown? Don't know, but I DO know a drunk is hard to control. Easier with two people, one on each arm, though.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    For good or bad or maybe sometimes both, these videos are here to stay. Hopefully people will learn to give incidents better thought than a ninety second airing, same hope for rhetorical narrative. Other wise a small conglomerate will wield big control.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,642 Senior Member
    Two cops in Gwinette County, which is south of me but north of Atlanta, abused an inoffensive kid by punching and kicking him on a traffic stop last week. At least that's what everyone is saying; I didn't see the video which was recorded by passer-bys. After the videos came out, they were fired and will likely face charges. The county will write a check.

    Reportedly, this was an unprovoked attack. I'm a big cop fan, but not a brutal cop fan. If they're guilty, and the IA thought they apparently were, then they should be prosecuted. I'm pretty sure they will.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,261 Senior Member
    89 cases that those two were connected to have been thrown out. That can not be good.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement