Home Main Category General Firearms

SCORE

BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior MemberPosts: 4,484 Senior Member
Academy had buttloads of blazer for 25$ a brick. Picked up 1000 rounds. Probably should have gotten more.
"He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician

Replies

• Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 7,510 Senior Member
    Captain vacuum to the register!
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    How does that Blazer .22 shoot? I've seen it for sale, but never tried it.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    How does that Blazer .22 shoot? I've seen it for sale, but never tried it.

It works great in my 10/22 and 22/45. Won't run my conversion kit, I think because it needs to compress two seperate springs.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Blazer is like minimags without copper plating. Its one of the few I trust as much as minmags.

• shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    Blazer works fine in all my .22 handguns. I have one rifle that shoots CCI standard velocity fine...but not the blazers.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,509 Senior Member
    Link?
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    Bigslug wrote: »
    Link?

To what academy? I bought it locally, no idea what's on their web site.

• bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 2,040 Senior Member
    Nice! We're finally seeing an abundant supply of .22 ammo here. It's even staying on shelf at Wally World!
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,583 Senior Member
    They did a killer Black Friday sale on 100 round sticks of CCI .22LR at $4.49. Not the best price, but not the worst. Academy tends to capitulate to the barometer of hatred for the AR15 at any given MSNBC broadcast, but they do boast the best pricing and I tend to agree they've got it.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    They did a killer Black Friday sale on 100 round sticks of CCI .22LR at $4.49. Not the best price, but not the worst. Academy tends to capitulate to the barometer of hatred for the AR15 at any given MSNBC broadcast, but they do boast the best pricing and I tend to agree they've got it.

That's a good deal on the CCI. When they have it around these parts it's running $6-$7 a hundred for SV and $9.95 for the Mini-mags in a hundred round plastic box.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    Academy had buttloads of blazer for 25$ a brick. Picked up 1000 rounds. Probably should have gotten more.

If you're like me and get your cookies pulling the trigger on a sweet .22 LR, No Recoil, muffled noise, it's so sweet, then if you can find bricks of ammo that cheap, you are rollin' in high cotton. Congrats and have fun!!!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I finally found some at the local Walmart. Winchester 333 packs priced well. They actually lasted a few days on the shelf, I think the local "scalpers" finally figured out no one is buying from them anymore. I did pick up a few boxes of CCI Quiet 22 which I had not seen locally in years.

I get either Winchester Hi Velocity (1320 FPS I think) in the long 100 round plastic boxes or Remington, I think it's more like stadard velocity but it's called Hi velocity, 1250 FPS. The Winchester is a hair more accurate so far but they both go bang without a hitch.

I pay within a few cents of the same per hundred, like the Winchester is around $7.75 and the Remington $7.95.So that's about what, $35 a brick? That's as good as I've seen around here.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Std velocity is around 1080 fps, subsonic. 1250 would be high velocity and the 13-1400 fps is hyper velocity.

Scored again. New academy opened up yesterday. Lots of 40 gr. minimags. 8.00/100. Grabbed 600. That gives about 4000 minimags, should be enough for major matches this year.