Home Main Category Clubhouse

Annual PSA and Poke

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
Well, got my PSA blood test last week and it was 0.01 good news indeed. I get checked every year since being treated for prostate cancer with radiation back in 2007.

Don't listen to those idiots who say the PSA test are not necessary.........a very good indicator. Can save your life.

Anyhow, I go in later this morning fer my annual Poke by my urologist...............maybe I should splash on some Old Spice and call it a date :jester:
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    LOL. Or not.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,126 Senior Member
    The urologist fired me as a patient
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,501 Senior Member
    It would be a date in some places in Alabama!!
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    PSA
    Poke the senior in the a...
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    If you feel both his hands on your waist it is...

Naw, I'm safe he had both hands on my shoulders...............:yikes: :yikes: :rotflmao::rotflmao:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    No problems with the exam and urine test. Good until next year. I can hardly wait :tooth:
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,203 Senior Member
    10 years already! Good news.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,984 Senior Member
    Good on you, BC, for keeping on top of it. As I've said before, I watched my father die of Prostate Cancer 6 years ago - I do NOT want to go out that way...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    Me neither.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,911 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Just a hint, if both of you have your pants down it's not routine.

Only you would come up with that! :roll2::roll2::roll2::roll2:
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,767 Senior Member
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,911 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Well, got my PSA blood test last week and it was 0.01 good news indeed. I get checked every year since being treated for prostate cancer with radiation back in 2007.

Don't listen to those idiots who say the PSA test are not necessary.........a very good indicator. Can save your life.

Anyhow, I go in later this morning fer my annual Poke by my urologist...............maybe I should splash on some Old Spice and call it a date :jester:

Last time I went to the place I got my radiation treatment at, the doctor did one of those "digital" exams. Good grief, I thought he was reaching for my Appendix, and I definitely wasn't enjoying it. I have another one of those coming up soon, and I'm not looking forward to it.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,126 Senior Member
    You probably had inflamation
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,501 Senior Member
    Last time I went to the place I got my radiation treatment at, the doctor did one of those "digital" exams. Good grief, I thought he was reaching for my Appendix, and I definitely wasn't enjoying it. I have another one of those coming up soon, and I'm not looking forward to it.

My brother taught at a medical school and you did not want to be the patient when the entire class had to do rectal exams!!
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    My brother taught at a medical school and you did not want to be the patient when the entire class had to do rectal exams!!

Was the patients nickname Pokey :yikes: :roll2: :roll2:
  • Johnny rebJohnny reb Member Posts: 715 Senior Member
    D**n I hope that was a very small class. I believe I'd have too reschedule if they wanted a class too get hands on experience with me as the patient.