Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Gingrich Collapses in Iowa as Ron Paul Surges to the Front

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,113 Senior Member
    The cheering section is back....
    Look BB, if you want to have a discussion, lets do that...

but posting the same stuff that anyone can see on the news without comment is getting kinda old..
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,970 Senior Member
    Sometimes I think a lot of this sensationalism is just media fabrication. I'll get my tinfoil hat ready and wait until they have an actual candidate... (Registered Libertarian, no voting in the primaries)
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 902 Senior Member
    The media and pollsters are doing everything they can to lead the public to believe who they should elect or vote for in the primary. When the primary's start watch for Democrats to vote for whomever they believe the easiest candidate for Obama to beat, as they do not have anyone to vote for in the Democratic primary.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,125 Senior Member
    It is just voter apathy at this point.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,871 Senior Member
    The caucus is... Jan. 3? So in 3 weeks Gingrich has fallen. What'll he do in the next 2 weeks?

Also, the caucus seems to run 50-50 in predicting the party's nominee since the 1970's. That means supporters of Dr. Paul will be pointing out how the caucus has been 50% right (assuming he wins) while supporters of other candidates will point out that the caucus has been 50% wrong (assuming Paul wins.)

The caucus and primaries aren't over. They haven't even started. And I'm also glad to see Ron Paul's keeping the "Restore America Now" slogan he had in 2008.
    I'm just here for snark.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    Gingrich is the front runner, so every one else who is running is going after him. None have gone after him harder than Ron Paul. That's just the way it is, and is partly to blame for his drop in the polls.

I also firmly believe that the Republican establishment, whoever that is, does NOT want Gingrich to get the nomination. They want Romney. For all of his faults, you know what you have with Romney, and he's the one who has consistently shown the best ability to beat Obama. Gingrich is too much of a loose cannon, and has made too many enemies among the GOP elite.

I also think that Paul's chances of getting the bid are slim and none. IF he were to take the lead, there would be an onslaught of negative publicity about the man, and every skeleton that ever even came close to his closet would be exposed. I don't think he could stand up to that degree of scrutiny. I also think he has some ideas that are just so far out of the mainstream that he's unelectable, especially when it comes to foreign policy.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Member Posts: 203 Member
    cpj wrote: »
    How about this....if RP wins, you can say you told us so. If he loses, we can say the same. Fair enough?

Because to be 100% honest, no one here gives a flying fornication what you think, as you have done nothing but say "LOOKIE LOOKIE LOOKIE! RP IS DA MAN!"

And we really dont care.

You should care unless you are happy with the status quo. Obama is basically BushII and whoever the REps put up if they are able to block Paul will be Obama 2 or BushIII. Regardless of what you think about foreign policy, it means absolutely nothing relative to the now unfolding economic collapse. Paul warned everyone for a long time that it was coming and this was his main point in 2008 but everyone was so inebriated with the War on Terror that they completely ignored the coming collapse. If not for Paul (Fed Transparency Act he sponsered) we still would not know what the FED has been doing to us. So what do they do for 2012?? They gin up the fear machine again with all this nonsense about Iran. Please dispute it without regurgitating the propaganda that they have been feeding you.

Bottom line, The reps will not win without Paul as the nominee. It is just a simple fact.
    Please dispute it without regurgitating the propaganda that they have been feeding you.

Lets try this one more time....can you possibly try to get through a post without insulting fellow forum members with your condescending crap?
    We are NOT sheep...we are fully capable of forming our own views based on our life experiences..."propaganda" (like the stuff that you have been posting), is pretty easily recognized and kinda goes in one ear and out the other for most adults...
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,871 Senior Member
    Kool-Aid?
    I'm just here for snark.
  • QuinianQuinian Senior Member Posts: 707 Senior Member
    I've come to the conclusion that I don't really like any politcian or any party. All of them have too many flaws or a ingle HUUUGE flaw I can't over look. I'm gonna have to agree with Jefferson on his MANY points about how government in general pretty much evil but particularly with this one:

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

At this point I'm so fed up that I couldn't care less if the guy was from Mars and liked aa alien system I can't even pronouce so long as it ment LESS government.
    cpj wrote: »
    Former member. Cant place him though. Maybe 16 hour days have my brain fuzzy. (er)

cmmguy if I read his post right...shows up about every 4 years to blow RPs horn ... Wait...I didn't mean it that way....

Bisley ID'd him in this post
    http://forums.gunsandammo.com/showthread.php?3460-Is-This-Who-We-Need-As-President
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Yep, he's the same old Kool-Aid drinker who never does anything but stir the political pot. Does anybody remember anything he's contributed to any of the other topic areas? Nope, I didn't think so. I guess we'll be treated to truckloads of his superior wisdom until his good buddy drops out- - - - - -again! Soft, warm, and stinky!
    Jerry
  • BullgatorBullgator Member Posts: 393 Member
    I agree with about 80% of what Paul says, but the other 20% are real deal breakers for me. No way he gets my vote.

And it really doesn't matter how he fares in Iowa, there's no way he's going to make it through the primary. He's just too far out of synch with many Republicans.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    The caucus is... Jan. 3? So in 3 weeks Gingrich has fallen. What'll he do in the next 2 weeks?

Also, the caucus seems to run 50-50 in predicting the party's nominee since the 1970's. That means supporters of Dr. Paul will be pointing out how the caucus has been 50% right (assuming he wins) while supporters of other candidates will point out that the caucus has been 50% wrong (assuming Paul wins.)

The caucus and primaries aren't over. They haven't even started. And I'm also glad to see Ron Paul's keeping the "Restore America Now" slogan he had in 2008.

Ron Paul is like God, he's the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow, which isn't a bad thing at all. If he gets the nomination I'll be pretty happy. I think the Dummycrats think they can beat him because he's run so many times. But I think this time may be different. He has a huge following. However, having said that, I would love to see Gingrich debate Obamy because I think he could hand him his head on a platter. I really think either one of these and even Romney or Perry could beat Obama right now. I think Bachman could too. But whoever gets the Republican nomination has got my vote in the General election in November.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.