Home Main Category Clubhouse

$425 "Muddy Jeans" absurd

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
Man, break them in on yer own. No way.....can buy Wranglers, Lee or Levis fer $20-30 bucks or so.....some less.

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/nordstrom-now-selling-425-jeans-for-people-who-want-to-pretend-they-have-a-dirty-job/
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Wrong trousers Gromit.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • 6EQUJ5 - WOW!6EQUJ5 - WOW! Banned Posts: 482 Member
    Ha! Perhaps they should also be rinsed in a honey truck for that 'authentic' smell and look.
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    See the problem is I change out of my filthy jeans BEFORE going out.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    Dang...I'll be sitting on a goldmine if I just don't wash them when work is done...ebay, here I come... /sarc
    Support your local Scouts!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,123 Senior Member
    Hey, I have some of those; but, at least I have the shirt to go with them.

A little blood on the shirt, too.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    I think that some of us here could take this to the next level. I could buy a crappy old camper and set it at the front of the ranch and charge wealthy millennials to stay in it for a week for the "ranch hand" experience. Their week long stay will include an opportunity to repair and/or paint fences, trim trees, cut down weeds, and muck stalls. For an additional charge they can get an upgrade that includes brushing and washing horses. Yet another upgrade will include tractor driving instruction and the opportunity to put out hay. All guest will recieve a mesh back "trucker's" cap with the Moon Ranch logo along with a framed picture of them sitting on a dirty tractor. I could even set up a gift shop to sell real work cloths and boots since skinny jeans don't allow much flexibility. I know several people here have ranches or farms and we could turn this into a chain.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    This summer we'll be having a special "building a haybarn" event. Call and make your reservations soon as spots are selling out fast.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Moon Ranch
    I got an idea for a logo...
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,364 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    I got an idea for a logo...

Why does that not surprise me............:roll2:
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,981 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    This summer we'll be having a special "building a haybarn" event. Call and make your reservations soon as spots are selling out fast.

Remember Tom Sawyer and the fence?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • Johnny rebJohnny reb Member Posts: 715 Senior Member
    They already have places like that. There's a zoo up here that for $100 you can. E a zoo keeper for a couple of hours you get the privilege too shovel s**t, and water the animals and for an extra $40 you get a shirt.
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    These are absurdly stupid, but will probably sell like hotcakes. But the guy who came up with the "Pet Rock" idea was a genius.
    Johnny reb wrote: »
    They already have places like that. There's a zoo up here that for $100 you can. E a zoo keeper for a couple of hours you get the privilege too shovel s**t, and water the animals and for an extra $40 you get a shirt.
    There are a lot of places you can shovel that stuff for free.
    I'm not so sure this wasn't a publicity stunt, to be honest. Or maybe I'm hoping there really isn't someone in the world dumb enough to spend $425 on dirty jeans. And if there is, I'm pissed off that I wasn't the one to come up with selling dirty jeans for $425.

The news clip that I watched this morning said that the dirt was synthetic. It was paint and plastic so it wouldn't come off.
    That's it then, I'm allergic to paint and plastic
    I can't buy them, then
    bummer.

Besides it wouldn't make a mess for Clean to clean up. :fiddle:
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 2,410 Senior Member
    HONEY, YOU'LL NEVER BELIEVE WHAT MY NEW GET RICH QUICK SCHEME IS! I'll start selling my wife's and mine dirty jeans from working out at the ranch. We'll wear them for a week, spray with something so the dirt, poop, grease and grime don't come out post them on eBay for $350.00 to $500.00 depending on how dirty we can get them. I figure the ones with cow and horse poop on them ought to go for an easy $500.00 and maybe $750.00 a pair if I can find someway to retain the smell!

Heck what's y'all think I can for a pair of real cowboy boots with cow and horse poop on them for??? Now those could be a gold mine!

HERE'S YOUR SIGN!:buff2:
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    My brother and I were dressed in nice jeans, mine were white, and a good shirt. We went with him to the ranch and to my uncle company was free labor so we ended up moving irrigation pipe. Red sand from the country near Ottine,Texas doesn't impress your mother on your white jeans. Just sayin....
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    I'm not so sure this wasn't a publicity stunt, to be honest. Or maybe I'm hoping there really isn't someone in the world dumb enough to spend $425 on dirty jeans. And if there is, I'm pissed off that I wasn't the one to come up with selling dirty jeans for $425.

Then there's bottled water. That one was a winner.