Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Your 1600 Daily

While Trump isn't the first president to talk directly to the American citizen on a daily basis, I do however, admit that I find it refreshing that we have a president who makes it a point to communicate directly to the American citizen and the daily on goings of our government whether it's a "tweet" or the "1600 Daily." Some might laugh and scoff about it but for those that actually care about our nation, it's a good start to keep current on the daily activity other than listening to the propaganda being spewed out from the major news networks.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/1600daily

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,140 Senior Member
    This started showing up in my e-mail uninvited....looked at it a couple of times...my consensus is "You got no idea how little I care" Subsequently, I've routed it directly to the trash. I get the information I need elsewhere....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,146 Senior Member
    I sent the white house a msg for some Atta boy type thing and have been getting the 1600 daily for some time
    I don't read it.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    That isn't a bad thing I guess. Now if he would only shut down his personal Twitter.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,146 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    That isn't a bad thing I guess. Now if he would only shut down his personal Twitter.
    Yeah, he twits before he thinks.
  • 6EQUJ5 - WOW!6EQUJ5 - WOW! Banned Posts: 482 Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    This started showing up in my e-mail uninvited....looked at it a couple of times...my consensus is "You got no idea how little I care" Subsequently, I've routed it directly to the trash. I get the information I need elsewhere....

I actually enjoy it and find it quite interesting. It's also is a direct link to keeping a bit informed on what's going on on the Hill from a day to day basis. There will always be those "damned if you do - damned if you don't" types but at least Trump is making an effort whereas the recently past presidents have done pretty much nothing when it comes to communicating with the voting public. Add the fact that it comes directly from the 'horses mouth' (or at least his staff) so to speak I tend put a little more credibility on it than those so-called, as you say, "elsewhere" news sites that have a wee bit of a tendency to spin any news story regardless of political affiliation. In closing, I think what irks people the most about his tweets and 1600 Daily's is the fact that Trump makes it a point to bypasses the media and instead go directly to the voting public when possible.
    I think what irks people the most about his tweets and 1600 Daily's is the fact that Trump makes it a point to bypasses the media and instead go directly to the voting public when possible.
    From my own perspective, it has more to do with the fact that I can't stand the guy and don't believe a damn thing he says.

If something good comes from this presidency (and some good things are coming/have already been done) I will never accept what comes straight from this administration's "alternative facts" at face value. I have absolutely no trust in what they say.
    -Thomas Paine
  • 6EQUJ5 - WOW!6EQUJ5 - WOW! Banned Posts: 482 Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    From my own perspective, it has more to do with the fact that I can't stand the guy and don't believe a damn thing he says.

If something good comes from this presidency (and some good things are coming/have already been done) I will never accept what comes straight from this administration's "alternative facts" at face value. I have absolutely no trust in what they say.

Yeah, I'm not a big Trump fan either but I do give him credit on trying at least. Unfortunately, your sentiment is shared by many, including myself, and is the result of decades long government corruption as well as a government that has become far too powerful over its citizens and state rights.
    Actually, I was cynical before, but aside from that, we have a president that was elected based on the merits of his lies. Granted, Clinton was the exact same way and I have some optimism that something good will come out of this presidency, but who people thought they voted for is not the same person they elected.
    -Thomas Paine
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Yeah, he twits before he thinks.

That's my only problem with his tweats. It's too easy and convenient. It's too accessible too easy to do. You just pick up your phone. You don't have time to think and therefore can say some stuff you wouldn't probably say normally. It's a good way to put your foot in your mouth.

Trump has made some good decisions when he's had time to look over what he's thinking and get a little advice. But when he wings it, which things like tweating lead to, he makes some stupid statements. I wish his kids would take his phone away from him.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.