I Offended Someone By Wearing A Red Shirt

NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior MemberPosts: 4,324 Senior Member
For a couple years I always wear a red shirt on Friday ... Remember Everyone Deployed. It is a no name no logo polo shirt from Kohl's. Generally I wear the same shirt in black, gray or navy the other days of the week at work. Well, today I had a brand new red one on and while in the gown it room somebody who had noticed I always wear red only Friday finally asked and I explained the remember everyone deployed thing and they were real interested so I told them to go to redshirtfriday.org to learn more and that was about it. I didn't go on about the military or USA or Trump but someone in the gowning room apparently overheard and reported me to HR as being politically offensive. I am no the most PC person but I do not wear shirts or hats with logo, sayings, etc to work. I do not have swag, signs, etc on my desk. I do not advertise anything for people who do not know me to even make any statement. I basically told the HR liberal witch that and asked how the plain red shirt and short conversation I had with another person could be offensive and I was even offended that said person was eavesdropping. She hemmed and hawed around trying imply I shouldn't wear red on Friday as a statement. Since she can make my work life miserable I actually was pleasant but let her know I'd wear what color, pattern, etc I wanted as long as it was not vulgar or crude. Starting next Monday I'll be sporting an American Flag pin on my shirt collar and next Friday the same red polo I am wearing today.

Vent complete ....
“The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
- George Orwell

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,183 Senior Member
    Being the politically incorrect person I am, I'd be finding out who the unAmerican RAT was that dropped a dime on me. Meanwhile, I'd get four more red shirts...............and a Gadsen flag pin to wear on the shirt collar opposite the American flag one. Because I'm politically incorrect, and proud of it! :tooth:
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,078 Senior Member
    My response also would have included that I am deeply offended by individuals that don't respect what our military has done for them! :angry:
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,919 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    For a couple years I always wear a red shirt on Friday ... Remember Everyone Deployed. It is a no name no logo polo shirt from Kohl's. Generally I wear the same shirt in black, gray or navy the other days of the week at work. Well, today I had a brand new red one on and while in the gown it room somebody who had noticed I always wear red only Friday finally asked and I explained the remember everyone deployed thing and they were real interested so I told them to go to redshirtfriday.org to learn more and that was about it. I didn't go on about the military or USA or Trump but someone in the gowning room apparently overheard and reported me to HR as being politically offensive. I am no the most PC person but I do not wear shirts or hats with logo, sayings, etc to work. I do not have swag, signs, etc on my desk. I do not advertise anything for people who do not know me to even make any statement. I basically told the HR liberal witch that and asked how the plain red shirt and short conversation I had with another person could be offensive and I was even offended that said person was eavesdropping. She hemmed and hawed around trying imply I shouldn't wear red on Friday as a statement. Since she can make my work life miserable I actually was pleasant but let her know I'd wear what color, pattern, etc I wanted as long as it was not vulgar or crude. Starting next Monday I'll be sporting an American Flag pin on my shirt collar anwd next Friday the same red polo I am wearing today.

Vent complete ....

Now you got me pissed off!!! Tell me how we got where we are now? I'm really tired of all these idiots that have come up with all this Commie Crap!!! This is the United States of America. Since when should it be offensive to be proud of your country? It's only offensive to those who aren't and when I was raised, it was damn near a punishable event if someone was anti American. We were not taught that that mindset was part of the Constitution!!! These PC idiots need to take a LONG WALK off a
    SHORT PIER!!!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,311 Senior Member
    Gown room? You related to Zorba?
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    The work place should be a no fashion police zone. JMO.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,609 Senior Member
    It seems that some just go out of their way to find something that offends them.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,795 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    It seems that some just go out of their way to find something that offends them.

WORD. That is EXACTLY right - and I don't have the time of day for those who look to be offended. Eff 'em!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,982 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    I was thinking the same
    I'd ask for an explanation
    but, I don't think I want to know :yikes:
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    BAMAAK wrote: »

I was thinking the same
    I'd ask for an explanation
    but, I don't think I want to know :yikes:

There is a lab in the facility where you must wear certain clothing that keeps contaminates from getting on sensitive equipment used for analysis, critical measurements and such. The gowning room is where the clothing is stored and you don it.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    I'd be tempted to wear a REALLY offensive one, and see how the sneaky snitch reacts to it! Forum decorum prohibits much elaboration on the suggestion I have in mind, but it involves Col. Sanders and a chicken!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,126 Senior Member
    A plain red shirt is politically offensive.... ha!

Amazing how it had no bearing on their delicate sensibilities before any context was applied. That by it's very logical conclusion means here was no offending attribute to the SHIRT, but their contention is for your personal views and opinions.

Which still makes them a self righteous passive aggressive wiener.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,344 Senior Member
    I would be offended by you no matter the color of shirt-- even if you weren't wearing a shirt.:jester:
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,950 Senior Member
    What a crock of sheet.

I can't say what I'd do in your situation, but knowing me, it'd be something that eventually got me in actual trouble. :cuss:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

My nephew got threatened with suspension from his high school in Beaverton Oregon for wearing a home-made T shirt on Gay Pride day that said "Marriage is for Adam and Eve- - - -not Adam and Steve!" He even got an on-air interview by a local TV station after his parents made the school back down by promising to sue the school system on 1st. Amendment grounds. No, he didn't get suspended.
    Jerry
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,076 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    My nephew got threatened with suspension from his high school in Beaverton Oregon for wearing a home-made T shirt on Gay Pride day that said "Marriage is for Adam and Eve- - - -not Adam and Steve!" He even got an on-air interview by a local TV station after his parents made the school back down by promising to sue the school system on 1st. Amendment grounds. No, he didn't get suspended.
    Jerry

Sounds like a chip off the old block!! You and his parents done good!!
    After that, I sent him several t shirts. His favorite was the one showing half a prairie dog- - - - -

m_54e67ab68f0fc463fd001e39.jpg

Another one had the apocryphal "Hitler" quote about full gun registration- - - - -

This year will go down in history. For the first time a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!
    — Adolf Hitler, 1935

Jerry
    Jermanator wrote: »
    I would be offended by you no matter the color of shirt-- especially if you weren't wearing a shirt.:jester:

FIFY

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,643 Senior Member
    Jerry
    Small world. I live 35 miles South of Beaverton. I remember the TV interview. It was on KPTV news. Their studios are in Beaverton. Obviously your Nephew is resisting his communist indoctrination program otherwise known as public school. Good for him. There was another incident in this area where a student was sent home for wearing a National Guard T-shirt that his NG member Father gave him. Why? The Minuteman on the NG seal has a late 18th century musket and a gun is a gun. Disgusting.
  • john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    I always worked for small companies that couldn't afford or need a HR department.
    I shave my HR department every few days- - - - -one of the benefits of being "retired" is not having to do it every morning!
    Jerry
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,183 Senior Member
    I butted heads with HR a couple or three times in nuke power (imagine that! :tooth:) Good times!
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,808 Senior Member
    When I was in California, I was talking with a coworker about hunting. We were overheard by some PeTA type and were reported to HR. We weren't discussing bad shot placement, or blood, or field dressing, simply the upcoming seasons.

We did not get into any trouble, but were informed to be "mindful of those around us" when discussing controversial subjects. :uhm:

Next month is my ten year anniversary of getting out of that damn place. :applause:
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,384 Senior Member
    Next Friday, come in wearing *no shirt* on account of wanting to ensure that you didn't want to offend anyone with a particular color of shirt.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »

Yup. There are people who walk around every day hoping to be offended. But there is good news. Thanks to you their hopes were realized!
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,074 Senior Member
    I shave my HR department every few days- - - - -one of the benefits of being "retired" is not having to do it every morning!
    Jerry

I wanna be you when I grow up!
    Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace.  ~ James Madison
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,185 Senior Member
    Going through life as an American Republican or conservative reminds me of what Dirty Harry went through in the movie "The Gauntlet." Fans will know what I mean.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,761 Senior Member
    Ask for the request from HR to not wear red on Friday in writing, along with the reasoning for said policy.

If they won't put it in writing, then it does not need to be heeded.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Maybe find some red body paint.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    See if HR will touch THIS:

attachment.php?attachmentid=9839&d=1494172959

• BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,311 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    See if HR will touch THIS:

attachment.php?attachmentid=9839&d=1494172959

There just are no words
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician