Sanctuary State Nonsense

sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior MemberPosts: 1,703 Senior Member
A Washington state school district superintendent banned school sponsored international travel. Why? Illegal alien (or whatever they call them this week) students would not be able to participate because lacking a US passport they would be unable to enter most foreign countries or return to "their" country. Blatant discrimination! Any illegal alien student demanding their "right" to participate in these programs would qualify for a straight jacket and rubber room. The local news report concerned a high school band that had been practicing and fund raising for their annual performance in Victoria, British Columbia which is now cancelled. Number of illegal alien band members is of course ZERO! The loonies are running the asylum.

Replies

• BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,339 Senior Member
    Gotta love liberal logic
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,743 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I'd go INSANE on a board member. So the entire class busted their asses for a trip, and since it MAY offend someone who is here illegally, they don't get to go. Amazing.

FIFY
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 20,160 Senior Member
    Don't get me started...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,965 Senior Member
    Freaking Loonie Tunes, defies all logic. When I hear Schumer or Pelosi talk on TV I want to puke because I know they're propagating this kind of loonie thought or lack of thought. If they were responsible political leaders they would set their own constituents straight, but no, they side with whatever is politically expedient. They're soulless bastards.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,767 Senior Member
    Texas has just passed a law stating that local law enforcement must enforce the laws that are already on the books. The fact that this is even necessary defies all logic. Our cities are under assault by liberals, just as they are everywhere else. This is insanity, to anyone but the liberals who want to turn the whole country into California.

Fortunately, we have a governor (who used to be the AG) who is a bulldog when it comes to law and order and the Constitution, so there is still hope for cleaning things up without having to 'get a rope.' I expect the Texas Rangers to be arresting the Travis County sheriff, sometime soon, and there will inevitably be future Supreme Court cases, unless the lower courts manage to keep it from getting out of hand.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,743 Senior Member
    Fair point....BUT, I don't care if it's a red haired white kid who was born and bred in the USA that couldn't go because of whatever reason. They whole band shouldn't suffer because one person can't go.

I totally agree but the fact that they're pandering to people that are here illegally just adds insult to injury.
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,032 Senior Member
    Freaking Loonie Tunes, defies all logic. When I hear Schumer or Pelosi talk on TV I want to puke because I know they're propagating this kind of loonie thought or lack of thought. If they were responsible political leaders they would set their own constituents straight, but no, they side with whatever is politically expedient. They're soulless bastards.

Right after they lost the election Pelosi & Schumer wanted Comey beheaded...he cost them the election...it was HIS fault. Now that Trump gave him the boot from the top FBI position...he's the best thing since sliced bread and has been victimized by Trump...WTH??
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Bisley, Sheriff Hernandez is a prime example of "keep Austin weird" thinking. While she does have a pretty deep LE background she is still a progressive dummicrat. She's one of the decriminalize this and that because it doesnt hurt anybody. She was big against the open carry movement and a few other pro 2A things. She is going to hire based on "diversity" not the best candidates so the quals standards might see a drop in some areas. Basically she's lessening the things law enforcement should be to make it more progressive ... :vomit:

The two LEOs I know in that area, 1 constable and 1 deputy, both laugh at her ideas saying they are just going to let petty crap grow up to big .
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    It sounds like the "Ferguson Effect" might spread to Texas under that kind of alleged leadership. Climb into a patrol car, drive around for an entire shift, and only respond to dire emergencies- - - - -leisurely!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,965 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    It sounds like the "Ferguson Effect" might spread to Texas under that kind of alleged leadership. Climb into a patrol car, drive around for an entire shift, and only respond to dire emergencies- - - - -leisurely!
    Jerry

It's a long drive from Austin City Limits to the Red River(North border with Oklahoma). Austin is one of the last bastions of liberalism in Texas. The Furgeson affect would have to parachute in to an area. It would be hung from the nearest Live Oak Tree anywhere outside of Austin.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    If the snowflakes in Austin get that kind of policing, they probably deserve it.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,703 Senior Member
    Fair point....BUT, I don't care if it's a red haired white kid who was born and bred in the USA that couldn't go because of whatever reason. They whole band shouldn't suffer because one person can't go
    One maybe potential not going to happen person can't go. Think "Minority Report"! If a redhead born and bred in the USA band member does not have a passport it's their fault and they can stay home. I'm sure the superintendent would have no problem with that. It's the poor, oppressed ILLEGAL ALIEN who can't get a US passport in a declared "Sanctuary State" that is the POTENTIAL victim. If this is that important Washington needs to secede so they can issue their own passports.
  • gunner81gunner81 Member Posts: 339 Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    Gotta love liberal logic
    There is no such thing as liberal logic
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Voters elect the school boards they deserve.
  • DanoobieDanoobie Member Posts: 95 Member
    These sanctuaries seem to contribute to our society
    on so many levels.

What I can't figure out, is if they hate us so much, why
    are they here, in the first place?
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,596 Senior Member
    Fair point....BUT, I don't care if it's a red haired white kid who was born and bred in the USA that couldn't go because of whatever reason. They whole band shouldn't suffer because one person can't go.

If it was a citizen that is a properly coifed exceptional member of the race, the trip would have gone on without him/her. The reason it was stopped is ONLY because of the board wanting to make a statement and forcing their opinion on everyone they can. Just like progressives always do.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.