JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior MemberPosts: 6,557 Senior Member
Themed from Ernie's thread.

A gun you wish you...

1. Still had:

2. Didn't sell:

3. Had bought:

4. Had bought two of:

5. Had sold sooner:
“There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,708 Senior Member
    :uhm: I do not know :uhm:
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,557 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »

A gun you wish you...

1. Still had:

2. Didn't sell:

3. Had bought:

4. Had bought two of:

5. Had sold sooner:

1. Sig Sauer Carry Scorpion 1911 in FDE. I still swoon over them.

2. Romanian all matching 1960s SKS. It was remarkably accurate.

3. Winchester Model 71 in .348 Win.

4. FN PBR. I got mine brand new for $650. Shoulda bought two.

5. Mini 14 and Mini 30. Ain't in my life no more, but should have been vanquished sooner.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,805 Senior Member

A gun you wish you...

1. Still had:

2. Didn't sell:

3. Had bought:

4. Had bought two of:

5. Had sold sooner:

1. My grandpa/dads 1903. Steve sold it

2. Para 1911 SPC, it was their first traditional single stack. I bought it off a Para Ord truck (like a Snap On truck) at a shooting range. That was the best shooting 1911 I've ever laid hands on.

3. Toss up between a Weatherby Ultralight 280 and pre-64 300 H&H

4. Remington 798 375 H&H when they were discontinued and going for 500 bucks. Screw 2, I should've bought 5!

5. N/A
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Most of those lists would be long...
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,109 Senior Member

A gun you wish you...

1. Still had: all of them

2. Didn't sell:all of them

3. Had bought:all of them

4. Had bought two of:all of them

5. Had sold sooner: none of them

:

Hmmmm. Seems to be a common theme in my answers..................I think I might need help.........
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Many years ago I ordered a Remington Model Seven from the factory. I was an inpatient fool and askedthe shop owner if I could have the 700 BDL bull barrel 22-250 off the rack instead. I should have waited for the model 7. It's a regret.

I should have never sold my old 7.5" SBH.

I almost bought a Springfield M1A once. Could have afforded it back then. I cheaped out and got a mini 14 instead. Bad choice.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,621 Senior Member

A gun you wish you...

1. Still had: Have not sold any, still have them all.

2. Didn't sell: None so far.

3. Had bought: A Ruger 10-22 magnum with a heavy barrel $175 around 2001, I paused to wonder why it was so cheap.

4. Had bought two of: CZ40B

5. Had sold sooner: Selling them is against the rules
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,958 Senior Member

A gun you wish you...

1. Still had:

2. Didn't sell:

3. Had bought:

4. Had bought two of:

5. Had sold sooner:

1) 1957 Savage M-99 358 Win, 1920s M-94 32 Win spc Pair of late 40s M-70s 300 & 375 H&H

2) See above

3) A fine SxS English double shotgun and rifle

4) Older M99s with brass rotor

5) Some of the cheaper guns i took in trade

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,967 Senior Member

A gun you wish you...

1. Still had:

2. Didn't sell:

3. Had bought:

4. Had bought two of:

5. Had sold sooner:

1. Ruger Deerfield Carbine (1st Gun I ever bought as a kid with summer grass mowing money. It was stolen.)

2. Ruger SBH 10.5" in .44 Mag (Made my 1st handgun kill with that gun.)

3. Beautifully stocked Mauser in .270 Winchester (I could have rebarreled it.)

4. Nothing comes to mind.

5. Taurus Revolver
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,656 Senior Member
    [QUOTE=

A gun you wish you...

1. Still had:

2. Didn't sell:

3. Had bought:

4. Had bought two of:

5. Had sold sooner: [/QUOTE]

1-Marlin in 44 mag

2-same as above

3-Contender in 30-30 on sale at B&B in North Hollywood for $129.00

4-see above

5- none
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,973 Senior Member
    A gun you wish you...

1. Still had: My fathers Webley

2. Didn't sell: AMT backup

3. Had bought: Dan Wesson pistol pack, Colt Sauer rifle

4. Had bought two of: Colt pythons

5. Had sold sooner: Remington 742
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member

A gun you wish you...

1. Still had:

2. Didn't sell:

3. Had bought:

4. Had bought two of:

5. Had sold sooner:

1. Savage Model 340 .30-30 Winchester. My dad gave it to me back about 1960 or 61. Then, about 20 something years later he and/or my Brother In Law lost it. Now when I see one on the used racks I want to buy it. But I have too many I want. One day it will get the best of me and I guess I'll buy it.

2. Never sold a gun in my life. Except for the first couple my dad gave me, Every gun I have has been either a grail gun or one I studied before I bought to make sure that's what I wanted. So far I haven't goofed that up. Everyone I have in my safe is a keeper.

3. Oh this is easy. I saw it in Oshman's Sporting Goods in Beaumont Texas in September 1970. It was beautiful, a Stoger Steyer in .243 Winchester with a leaf bolt handle and in a mannlicher stock. It had that soft satin finish all over wood and metal. It was one beautiful rifle. I had the money in my account, $240 I think. But I had one of those CHEAP Moments and passed on it. There was a Remington 700 BDL Same chambering, right beside it that also caught my eye and it was only about $190. But I ended up passing on both of them. I kick my ass everytime I think about it.

4. 98 Mauser action- I bought 5 for $25. from Federal Ordinance when I had a FFL back in the late 80s. Actually there were four of us that got in on the deal. One guy did buy two but the other 3 of us just got one each. I wish to this day I'd got two.

5. I've never sold a gun in my life. Lost a bunch in my first divorce, and my dad and/or brother in law lost my model 340 Savage, but other than that, I've never sold one and I don't plan on it.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,292 Senior Member

A gun you wish you...

1. Still had: None. I've never.sold 1. But I've traded 2 and don't regret either trade

2. Didn't sell: None

3. Had bought: Ruger #1 in 7x57

4. Had bought two of: SKS is all i can think of. One of.the most accurate, trouble- free guns I have. Paid $84

5. Had sold sooner:None
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,396 Senior Member
    A gun you wish you...

1. Still had: Fathers 32SPL, stolen

2. Didn't sell: French MAB, fun little 32acp

3. Had bought: FN49

4. Had bought two of: 1919 parts kits w/side plate.

5. Had sold sooner: SKS
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member

A gun you wish you...

1. Still had: Colt Commander, AMT Longslide, K-38 Masterpiece..........well same as #2 more or less.......1950s Win .32 Spl that got stolen from old man's place he gave me and I left with him while overseas.

2. Didn't sell: Security Six 4", but my 686 put it to shame, but it was built like a tank.. , model 25 Long Colt with 4" bbl I sold back to the guy who sold it to me fer the same $300......he was having sellers remorse......... Colt Commander, AMT Longslide, vintage K-38 Masterpiece..........

3. Had bought: Colt .22s fer a song. One a New Frontier .22 fer 88 bucks at a K-mart couple days before I was flying to Germany on a PCS didn't wanna try in fit it into an already crowded pistol case, could have one way or the other ...........Pair of S&W model 25 revolvers with 6" bbls a .45 Colt and .45 ACP at a Walmart in Lawton OK both fer $500, had the money but wanted .44 Magnums back in the 80s............Vintage Det Spl fer $175 about 1996 ............ too painful to think about...............

4. Had bought two of: Many before they started asking an Arm & Leg fer them......................

5. Had sold sooner: SS Taurus .22 mag, .22 LR 6" and .38 Spl actually wish I never would have bought in the first place.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    One thing for me and probably about everyone else is our taste and desires change over the years and what we were interested then may not be what we are today and vice versa. I don't know if our gun collecting "Evolves", but interest does change.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member

A gun you wish you...

1. Still had: Model 88 WInchester, Marlin Model 60, Winchester 'Long Tom' single shot 12 gauge all lost in a 1975 burglary

2. Didn't sell: Never sold but one, rarely traded

3. Had bought: Colt Python

4. Had bought two of: Remington Model 600 Mohawk

5. Had sold sooner: Ruger Security Six -never liked it enough to have the terrible trigger reworked. Kept it 30 years before trading it for a Remington Speedmaster
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member

A gun you wish you...

1. Still had: the Browning Hi Power my Grandpa taught me to shot pistols with ... my damn Uncle got it when my Grandpa died and sold it :angry:

2. Didn't sell: I've only sold a couple guns but my worst trade regret was letting a SW 41 go to a friend who begged me to trade ... every time I ask to trade back he says no take backs and he is going to be buried with it. At least it is loved and I do get to see it occasionally.

3. Had bought: heaven only knows all of them but lately I wish I had bought a true M16 I had a chance at in the mid 80's but back then had no interest in ... if I had only known.

4. Had bought two of: Sig P239 ... my wife has claimed my first one after I had an SRT trigger and night sights installed and ROBAR coated but if momma ain't happy nobody is.

5. Had sold sooner: never really had a gun I rushed to sell/trade but I wasn't to sad seeing an old bolt action 10ga go ... it was not easy to find shells, had little use since it was almost only AA for geese and would beat my shoulder bad now.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,927 Senior Member

A gun you wish you...

1. Still had:

2. Didn't sell:

3. Had bought:

4. Had bought two of:

5. Had sold sooner:

1. A Winchester Model 88 chambered in .308 Winchester. It was the first rifle I ever bought. I spent half of what I made the summer I was 16 to buy it. It was stolen several years later.
    My grandfathers Winchester single shot Winchester .22. It was also stolen.

2. None

3. None

4. None

5. None
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,543 Senior Member
    1. Still had: Springfield 1911A1 Loaded

2. Didn't sell: Same gun

3. Had bought: first opportunity for an S&W 629 classic

4. Had bought two of: Springfield XD Mod 2; one in .45acp (I have), one in 9mm (I want)

5. Had sold sooner: None. Each was sold to fund a new purchase. The only one I ever truly disliked was my HK USP.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,858 Senior Member

A gun you wish you...

1. Still had: Ruger Bisley 8 1/2" 357 mag, Ruger Bisley 8 1/2" 45 Colt, Smith Performance Center 460 S&W mag

2. Didn't sell: Ruger Bisley 8 1/2" 357 mag, Ruger Bisley 8 1/2" 45 Colt, Smith Performance Center 460 S&W mag

3. Had bought: Can't think of one

4. Had bought two of: Strange one - ATI TAC PX2 12ga shotgun. Bought one new from Palmetto for $99. Have beat that gun to crap and it still keeps running.

5. Had sold sooner: Can't think of one

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,914 Senior Member
    The one firearm I wish I still had was a 6" K22 that I was gifted by a friend...but on the path of life was sold to feed the kids...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    1. Ruger Deerfield Carbine (1st Gun I ever bought as a kid with summer grass mowing money. It was stolen.)

2. Ruger SBH 10.5" in .44 Mag (Made my 1st handgun kill with that gun.)

3. Beautifully stocked Mauser in .270 Winchester (I could have rebarreled it.)

4. Nothing comes to mind.

5. Taurus Revolver

#1). That sucks! :-( One of those was my HS graduation present (per my request). Still have it, and still one of my favorite guns to hunt hogs or deer with.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Shot my first deer with a Deerfield Carbine. One of Bill Ruger's greatest offerings.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,450 Senior Member

A gun you wish you...

1. Still had: the 1991a1 my Dad bought me the spring of my senior year of high school.

2. Didn't sell: the flintlock I built. Was either eat or sell......it sucked.

3. Had bought: a freedom arms in 45 colt

4. Had bought two of: the Ruger Hawkeye international in 250 savage.

5. Had sold sooner:
    the 307 Winchester, evil nasty rifle. The only rifle I shot 2 deer with that made me bleed every time I shot it. It had a blood lust!
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,733 Senior Member

A gun you wish you...

1. Still had: I don't miss any of the guns I've sold

2. Didn't sell: See above

3. Had bought: Dad's B-78 High Wall in .30-06, had I known he was selling it; the B-78 in .45-70 that was up in my LGS forever.

4. Had bought two of: CMP Special Grade Garands. I should have bought a .308 to compliment the .30-06. Maybe next year.

5. Had sold sooner: my Inglis Hi Power. It just didn't do it for me.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • DanoobieDanoobie Member Posts: 95 Member
    A gun you wish you...

1. Still had: Haven't sold that many

2. Didn't sell: See #1

3. Had bought: Somebody mentioned recently "interests change".

4. Had bought two of: Strangely enough, I get to liking a platform, I DO wind up with two of them.
    But probably not in the OP's context, as in "buying two exact same guns, as the price was right at the time"

5. Had sold sooner: Not yet...