Home Main Category Clubhouse

As Paul Harvey would say, "Now for the rest of the story".....

Miss MaryMiss Mary Senior MemberPosts: 743 Senior Member
For those attending the SE Shoot, I totally disgraced myself by having to walk out and leave y'all, just as many were arriving. I do most humbly apologize for that but, for the first time in years, I got a bodacious bad toothache.

Debby took me to my dentist where I got a temporary crown that day, hoping that would calm the tooth down. Not to be, so for the time everyone was here I was trying to keep the tooth as calm as I could by attempting to keep liquids and food out of that side of my mouth. When it would manage to migrate to the left, it felt as though the top of my head was going to come off.

I did my best not to let on just how much my stinking mouth was hurting me, so if I seemed a bit out of it, please forgive me. Today I had a root canal done, it feels like it might have done the trick but with the natural soreness the procedure creates, it is hard to tell.

Please accept my heartfelt thanks for all the ladies hopping in to help in the kitchen and for Jerm's wonderful contribution on Friday night to get everyone fed...y'all are just the best folks I have ever had the honor of hosting/meeting/calling my friends.

I'll try to do so much better next year, Chris made another beautiful wood turning for me, Mrs. Clean gave me a sweet apron to wear, Jerm gave me some special libations, Joe and Angie sent me some of their home grown honey, Christina gave me some Apple Butter that I'll try as soon as my mouth will allow, I know there are some I may be forgetting, if so forgive me, in my pain haze I was not quite up to snuff part of the time.

Anyhow, hopefully this is all getting behind me and if my jaw will let me sleep tonight this old tired fat gal is going to bed.

Y'all are much missed already....big ole Miss Mary hugs all around and thanks for your understanding! :group:

Replies

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,212 Senior Member
    Have a good night Mary. I hope you get some solid rest. Thanks again for the shirt!
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,621 Senior Member
    Glad you're feeling somewhat better
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    I hate dental pain.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,655 Senior Member
    Hand, foot, or face pain is the worst.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,326 Senior Member
    Hope you're feeling better soon, and the root canal is the cure!!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,749 Senior Member
    We heard about it Friday nite, but you seemed to be bright eyed and bushy tailed on Saturday! You did a good job covering it...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    I really hope the root canal did the trick on that tooth for you. It should as it removes all the nerves that transmit pain. Had a few done myself, and it's definitely no fun whatsoever. Hope the soreness is gone by tomorrow at the latest. Here's hoping the root canal and the soon-to-be-installed permanent crown get you back fit as a fiddle!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,848 Senior Member
    Hope your feeling better now.
    With your welcoming smile, i never noticed.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,023 Senior Member
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 5,009 Senior Member
    I wasnt at the shoot but we feel your pain, 2 months ago I had a root canal done, last week my wife Jen had major surgery at the dentist, hope ya heal up fast.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT