Home Main Category Clubhouse

My Company's Full Crazy Liberals

NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior MemberPosts: 4,324 Senior Member
The beginning on July starts a new quarter and is the start of a new corporate year so HR has been rewriting a bunch of stuff and changing policies. I mentioned before the powers that be removed the complete section in the online and newly revised handbook. They reworked our logo and stripped everything off all building doors except the logo and required numbers. They have not said we can't carry at work but they also have not said we can ... read into it what you think my practice is.

Anyway a couple of the senior members of the ERT, facility management and some supervisors are called into HR to discuss development and implementation responses to various emergencies. After some of the recent shootings the HR manager and her girl talked about the ERT having some roles in it which a couple of us responded the same way we did about bomb threats before that "We will tell people get out or hide as we do the same as we save our on butts". The HR manager said the ERT was responsible for the safety of the facility and we should have a plan. I went stupid for a second and basically told her we are volunteers and the ERT is not part of our job descriptions and we receive no extra pay or benefits for. I do not have a badge, bullet proof vest or death wish. She had puzzled look and responded you should protect us if something happened. I was getting ready to go full on stupid and the site manager stepped in and pointed out that was why we had a security company and we should be expected to police the facility (he used the word police). The HR manager said she wants to implement something formal because some people are saying they are worried about something happening at work. I don't know for sure but most of my guys on the ERT are self sufficient and if some did happen have the common sense to react appropriately ... the ones who she wants to comfort likely are the ones who whined about not having filtered water in the break room, the cleaning crews products smelled like bleach, my red shirt offended them, etc. I have more than once told our site manager I am so close to quitting the ERT (and quite a few others also) but this time I am thinking hard about saying I am getting to old and it's time to let the youngins have at it.
“The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
- George Orwell

Replies

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    You should be honored to use your own body as a shield to protect your fragile and helpless co-workers.(for free) Sounds like they're gonna put it in writing.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Should have asked for the key to the weapons locker and when she said we don't have one told her its every man for themselves.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,238 Senior Member
    Seems like an ideal time to hold out for a pay rise on the basis that your job description will now formally put you into the 'hazardous pay' arena...........and dont forget to claim ammo costs and range time...........

Edited to add: Justify it on the fact that your job description now means you are bringing a new skill set to your employment.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Volunteer to be the range officer on company sponsored SD practice days. That ought to put the snowflakes' lace-trimmed panties in a wad!
    Jerry
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    A solution was brought up in another thread. Issue everyone a laminated card that says "STOP" on it and if anyone feels threatened physically or otherwise, they are to deploy their shield between them and the perpetrator.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • 6EQUJ5 - WOW!6EQUJ5 - WOW! Banned Posts: 482 Member
    Sounds like where my job is headed. Thankfully, our boss is conservative and a free thinker and keeps such nonsense more or less at bay. We both retire this year - THANK GOD!!
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    Standard Response Protocol Biz Originally set up for teachers but adapted for business.
    www.iloveuguys.org
    Send HR the info, dust your hands off and CARRY on.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Well, I just lit the match ... I informed management I was leaving the ERT effective today. You guys know I was getting fed up with the BS and such but I was nice and just basically said I was getting to old for the stuff and let the younger guys have at it. The guys on the team were not surprised but not happy either. A couple are mumbling about doing the same but that is no longer my business ... I did tell them it was my choice and not to do anything because of me. The one problem is the site manager and HR manager have been out all week so the funny thing will be what happens Monday when they get back in and the gossip starts. Anyway, my name is now Bennett and I ain't in it!
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell