Home Main Category General Firearms

Mark IV Recall Notice June 2017

Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior MemberPosts: 1,347 Senior Member
https://ruger.com/dataProcess/markIVRecall/index.php

If you have a Mark IV, get ready to send it to Ruger.

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Glad I had them fix my MK II Tgt Govt model when the bolt stop cracked in half when I did a couple months ago before the MK IV rush. They have great CS. All I did was box it up and UPS came and had the label and it was all free. I had it back in a week. Functions great now.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,634 Senior Member
    A recall for not using the safety properly according to the e-mail I got.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,387 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Glad I had them fix my MK II Tgt Govt model when the bolt stop cracked in half when I did a couple months ago before the MK IV rush. They have great CS. All I did was box it up and UPS came and had the label and it was all free. I had it back in a week. Functions great now.

You had it back in a week? That IS excellent CS. They are to be commended.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,387 Senior Member
    I just read that this Mark IV comes in a 22/45 Model. That IS interesting. I'm not a hand gun guy, and when it comes to pistols, as for being current on new models I'm like the guy whose girl is doing everybody in town, I'm usually the last to know.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    It's the new business math, applicable to cars, guns, whatever: Poorly designed mechanism + clumsy operator malfunction = RECALL !!!

(It ain't just Taurus - it's everybody!)
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Ahhhhh ... to those of us who have a MK VI and installed an aftermarket trigger ...we are screwed and have to put the old stuff back in before sending it back.
    Will the old parts be returned to me?

No. We will keep the old parts. You should remove all aftermarket accessories before returning the grip frame assembly to us. While we will attempt to return accessories to you, we cannot guarantee that is the case. If you have installed any aftermarket trigger components, they will not be returned.
    I have added aftermarket accessories to my pistol; will these be returned?

You should remove all aftermarket accessories before returning the grip frame assembly to us. While we will attempt to return accessories to you, we cannot guarantee that is the case. Also, to the extent the installed aftermarket parts are being replaced pursuant to the retrofit (sear and safety), these will not be returned.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,308 Senior Member
    my 22/45 is a Mark III...no issues.