Home Main Category General Firearms

Kimber Stainless Classic LE? What is it worth?

Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior MemberPosts: 1,350 Senior Member
I got my 1911 back in Texas with every intention of shooting it a lot. I only got to shoot it a few times before ... to my surprise, I moved to the Northeast (not gun friendly) and left it with my parents for safekeeping. Needless to say, it is in fantastic shape.

When trying to value it, I can't find similar versions.

Model: Kimber Stainless Classic LE
Condition: excellent

Replies

• jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,569 Senior Member
    A pretty penny, would be my guess. I'm a Kimber aficionado, for sure. Being that it's an early model, before the II, I'd put the value well north of $1k. Collectors like the pre series 80 safety models.
    Check gunbroker.
  • wizard78wizard78 Senior Member Posts: 1,004 Senior Member
    I sold my like new, first series Classic Stainless, last year locally for $800. I didn't want to hassle the shipping by selling on GB, the auction site as I'm sure I would have gotten a couple of dollars more. I'm not sure but believe the "LE" designates Limited Edition or for sale to Law Enforcement similar to Glock Blue Label sales. As mentioned, the first series carries a higher price tag than the new second series and are excellent shooters. If I was offering one today, I would "ask" $900 OBO and see what response I got. Good luck with sale.

Mine
    DSC00036.jpg

“When guns are outlawed, only patriots will have guns.”
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    Helped a friend sell one a few years ago for $1100 here in Florida.
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug