Home Main Category General Firearms

.32 H&R mag 130 gr hardcast

NNNN Senior MemberPosts: 24,962 Senior Member
Saw they make it at buffalo bore; has about 320 f-lbs----seems to put .32 H&R mag in the .38spl class.
I'd like some not as good as .327; but, maybe they'll some hardcast .327, then you'd have something.

Replies

• BPsniperBPsniper Banned Posts: 1,961 Senior Member
    I know squat about any of this subject. But I wanted you to have a reply. Ain't it great having the home put back together? :cool2:
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,962 Senior Member
    Yes, but really, I'm just fishing the nay sayers though the ammo is new at buffalobore.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    I've shot some 119 grain wheel weight hand cast gas check bullets in my .32 H&R Mag. Ruger Single Six. Loaded them at maximum powder charge and had no problems. Got good penetration in a piece of maple firewood with them. There isn't a lot of selection for .32 cal. pistol bullets; never has been for as long as I can remember. Maybe the .327 Mag will boost some interest in the .32 cal. and some new bullets will come out.:applause:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    tennmike wrote: »
    I've shot some 119 grain wheel weight hand cast gas check bullets in my .32 H&R Mag. Ruger Single Six. Loaded them at maximum powder charge and had no problems. Got good penetration in a piece of maple firewood with them. There isn't a lot of selection for .32 cal. pistol bullets; never has been for as long as I can remember. Maybe the .327 Mag will boost some interest in the .32 cal. and some new bullets will come out.:applause:
    I bet the long barrel will ramp up these rnds.
    tennmike wrote: »

test
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    :beer: I too own a .32 H & R magnum, and a .327 federal Mag. (ruger), nice handguns, ain't a lot of ammo choices out there. I might want to try some of those NN
    Who has them?

Dan J. I didn't mean to double post, but I clicked on my own name and my first reply disappeared, then I posted again, then it re-appeared?????????? I have to get use to this new format!
    "It is what it is":usa:
    NN wrote: »
    Saw they make it at buffalo bore; has about 320 f-lbs----seems to put .32 H&R mag in the .38spl class.
    I'd like some not as good as .327; but, maybe they'll some hardcast .327, then you'd have something.

I have both the .32 H & R mag. and a .327 Ruger, I haven't seen a lot of commerical ammo choices, for either, but this is a start..
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    So if you load the 130 grainers to .327 levels, you will have a good .32 caliber at the low end of a .357 Magnum scale,......TARGET LOADS! Ha ha ha

Some things never change and neither does Big Chief!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    :usa: good one Big Chief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahaahaha Big chief see my new Avatar? Well thats my .327 Ruger federal magnum.
    Big Chief wrote: »
    So if you load the 130 grainers to .327 levels, you will have a good .32 caliber at the low end of a .357 Magnum scale,......TARGET LOADS! Ha ha ha

Some things never change and neither does Big Chief!
    :blah:
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    :hand::hand::hand::hand::hand::hand::hand:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Big Chief wrote: »
    :hand::hand::hand::hand::hand::hand::hand:
    You know you were set up and took the bait, don't you! :applause: :jester: :rotflmao:
  • JSJS New Member Posts: 7 New Member
    There are actually some pretty good loads for the 32 H&R magnum. Buffalo bore makes the HEAVY 32 H&R MAG. +P Ammo - 100 gr. JHP (1300fps), and double tap ammo makes a round that gives: Velocity: 1025fps / Ruger SP101 3" bbl, 6.0" bbl / 1100fps Bullet: 115gr. WFN Hardcast. HSM also makes an 85 grain XTC JHP round that gives 1167 FPS. Pretty respectable numbers for a 32 bullet. I still like the 327 federal ballistics better as it is a harder hitter. American eagle and Speer make a 327 federal round that shoots a 115 grain bullet at 1500 FPS and hits with 500 lbs of energy. That's 40 S&W and 9mm+P numbers.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    Ned, every time you post about some higher than average velocity handgun ammo that's available, I think about you complaining about my .44 special loads being too hot. (they aren't even max loads) I even took 200 rounds of 100gr .32H&R loads up to Jerry's for you to shoot and only 12 rounds were fired. Next year I'm bringing some super low velocity buckshot plinking loads for our .32's and maybe those will be comforable enough for everyone.:jester:
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,763 Senior Member
    I'm still scratching my head as to what these ".32 Supers" are supposed to give you that a .38 Special loaded at either end of the spectrum can't. The guns are mostly sized just like .38's and the recoil feels just like .38's, so it seems like a strange thing to invest in for the privilege of seeking more expensive and harder to find ammo. It's good to see that at least they're going with the heavy-for-diameter approach, but somebody please enlighten me as to why this isn't merely an answer in search of a question.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    I'm still scratching my head as to what these ".32 Supers" are supposed to give you that a .38 Special loaded at either end of the spectrum can't. The guns are mostly sized just like .38's and the recoil feels just like .38's, so it seems like a strange thing to invest in for the privilege of seeking more expensive and harder to find ammo. It's good to see that at least they're going with the heavy-for-diameter approach, but somebody please enlighten me as to why this isn't merely an answer in search of a question.

6 rounds from J frame instead of 5...

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    Ned, every time you post about some higher than average velocity handgun ammo that's available, I think about you complaining about my .44 special loads being too hot. (they aren't even max loads) I even took 200 rounds of 100gr .32H&R loads up to Jerry's for you to shoot and only 12 rounds were fired. Next year I'm bringing some super low velocity buckshot plinking loads for our .32's and maybe those will be comforable enough for everyone.:jester:
    Well, I'm sorry about not shooting your ammo, I mean we were both sorta new guys at these shoots, even though it was my 2nd, and I have been uncomfortable about shooting someone else's ammo when I brought all I had time to shoot. I brought factory ammo for guns I did not have, also, just in case someone would let me shoot their gun.

Your .44 spl was uncomfortable in your gun as I think I remember, I do not remember if the .44 spl I brought was or not or if the gun just did not fit my hand. But, I am thankful I was able to shoot that gun.

You had a S&W .44 mag, I've shot them before with the same results; maybe the redhawk with a hogue grip shoots easier or the grip is so different it is easier on me.

These shoots have been very educational and been the reason I bought two handguns and am considering a CZ in the future because of the last shoot.

At least I ate the food you cooked and brought without whining.
    please enlighten me as to why this isn't merely please enlighten me as to why this isn't merely an answer in search of a question. .

It is only an answer in search of a question if you don't want one.
  • JSJS New Member Posts: 7 New Member
    Bigslug wrote: »

Yeah...I can see your point about the 38 special. They are very common and rounds are easy to find. It's just that in a snubby the 32 H&R and 327 federal mag hold 6 rounds instead of 5. Might make a difference, might not. Plus the 32's are actually pretty fun to shoot. I have revolvers for the 32 H&R and 327 federal. I also have a S&W K38 Masterpiece (38 special) that I love to shoot.