Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

How can this be allowed to happen?

Diver43Diver43 Senior MemberPosts: 10,645 Senior Member
Idaho Muslim migrants who raped 5-year-old plead guilty, get no jail time

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2017/06/pamela-geller-idaho-muslim-migrants-who-raped-5-year-old-plead-guilty-get-no-jail-time

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/230717

Then the judge issues a gag order after the trial.
Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Replies

• NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Another troubling piece here is three rapists are 7, 10 and 14 years old! ??? At that age they are that ... I don't even know what word describes them ... what are they going to be like say 10 years down the road? Sick scum like this will likely keep going down the muslim mayhem path ... we are screwed if the PC crappé like this continues.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    One day in jail and the inmates would handle this crap! :angry: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Has the judge been placed in protective custody yet? He would be in more danger than the scum he turned loose in a lot of places I can think of. At least all of them are out in public where a little street justice is likely to happen, not locked up where decent citizens can't get to them.
    Jerry
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    Isn't there an anti establishment type member here that specifically moved to Idaho because of the impossibility of something like that happening there?
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,850 Senior Member
    If true, It's a MASSIVE travesty of justice, but I'm not sure I believe the first link, and the second link is just parroting, and referring back to that link as well.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Here's an article from the Idaho Statesman. It reads QUITE differently

http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/state/idaho/article154650829.html
    The case quickly put Twin Falls at the center of a national argument over refugee resettlement. Rumors of the incident grew into a tale of Syrian refugees raping the 5-year-old at knifepoint, then sharing video of the attack with a parent, who celebrated with the boys.

Prosecutors and police said a sexual assault did occur at the Fawnbrook Apartments, but many of the details — the knife, that it was a rape, sharing the video, even the defendants’ ethnicities — were wrong.

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/state/idaho/article154650829.html#storylink=cpy
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,756 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Right on Paul.:up:

The truth is bad enough. No need for nutjob hatemonger, Pamela Geller to add on to it. The perps and victim are all minors. Of course the judge is going to forbid discussion outside of the court room.

Yep...right wing bs smells just as bad as left wing bs
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • 6EQUJ5 - WOW!6EQUJ5 - WOW! Banned Posts: 482 Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    Isn't there an anti establishment type member here that specifically moved to Idaho because of the impossibility of something like that happening there?

It was in Twin Falls, one of the very few "blue" regions of the state. I also seriously doubt that said member is that naïve to actually believe in the 'impossibility" of something like this from happening when in fact it was the feds, not the state, that put these parasites there in the first place. As a side note, one of Obama's tactics was the relocating of Muslims into states that are predominately conservative.
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Right on Paul.:up:
    Thanks
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Yep...right wing bs smells just as bad as left wing bs
    Yes sir,and that original article just didn't smell right to me

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,607 Senior Member
    A question: Would a judge in a criminal proceeding be able to enforce a gag order against the parents of the victim? Against the lawyers, sure... but against the victim?

A follow up: Is it common for the family of the victim to have legal representation at the criminal trial of the accused? Is it common - or even allowed - for that council to speak up during the trial? It seems very unlikely to me.

Paul mentioned the article didn't pass the smell test. These are two things I spotted that make me question the article, though I admit I really have no idea.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »

Assuming you are referring to me...don't believe everything you read.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,708 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    don't believe everything you read.

Pretty much.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Deleted repetitive link. My thoughts: a terrible tragedy politicized and exaggerated to fit a specific narrative.

This.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    i'm afraid i'd be in jail were i that child's father.
    Let me rephrase that, i would be in jail.

i would hunt them down one at a time
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,645 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    A question: Would a judge in a criminal proceeding be able to enforce a gag order against the parents of the victim? Against the lawyers, sure... but against the victim?

A follow up: Is it common for the family of the victim to have legal representation at the criminal trial of the accused? Is it common - or even allowed - for that council to speak up during the trial? It seems very unlikely to me.

Paul mentioned the article didn't pass the smell test. These are two things I spotted that make me question the article, though I admit I really have no idea.

Trayvon Martins family sure had representation, so did Michael Browns. This little girls family shouldnt?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    The 14 year old should have been charged, prosecuted, and sentenced as an adult. The father who celebrated the event should be charged with contributing to the delinquency of his minor children, promptly deported, and his children placed in foster care. The worst possible outcome would be to leave these families intact and together.
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    Reading comprehension just isn't what it used to be....
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,288 Senior Member
    Regarding reading comprehension not being what it used to be...........
    "Things ain't what they used to be and never were." [Will Rogers]

There's a bazillion 'news sites' out there that make up stories out of whole cloth, and their partners in fake news link to it or steal it outright as 'their story'. Harder to find real news now than a chikkin with a full set of hen's teeth! :roll2:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Trayvon Martins family sure had representation, so did Michael Browns. This little girls family shouldnt?

I never said they shouldn't. Didn't even imply it. I did ask if it was common for the family of the victim to have council at the criminal proceedings? I also asked if that council would be allowed to participate in the proceedings. The 'article' by Geller plainly said that their lawyer (I'm assuming personally retained, but that is just an assumption) was "silenced whenever he tried to speak". It's a legitimate question. Would a family's attorney be allowed to question the defendants during a criminal trial?
    George Carlin
    horselips wrote: »
    The 14 year old should have been charged, prosecuted, and sentenced as an adult. The father who celebrated the event should be charged with contributing to the delinquency of his minor children, promptly deported, and his children placed in foster care. The worst possible outcome would be to leave these families intact and together.

Agree. Of course there will always be the apologists, regardless of political affiliation.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,645 Senior Member
    People

The. Article. Isn't. 100%. True.
    RTFT

After further research, I agree. However, 3 boys sexually molested a little girl and got away with it.
    It wasnt called rape because there was not penile penetration, yes they filmed it. Yes they pleaded guilty to charges and although not from syria they were refugees from predominately muslim countries.
    If our media would report things truthfully from both sides we would not have to sift through it and make assumptions.
    The political situation in our country today sucks and the media carries a large part of the blame.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,288 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    After further research, I agree. However, 3 boys sexually molested a little girl and got away with it.
    It wasnt called rape because there was not penile penetration, yes they filmed it. Yes they pleaded guilty to charges and although not from syria they were refugees from predominately muslim countries.
    If our media would report things truthfully from both sides we would not have to sift through it and make assumptions.
    The political situation in our country today sucks and the media carries a large part of the blame.

That last statement is just way too true for, and for way too long. The media will not report, report only the part of a story that fits their narrative, or blatantly lie. CNN just had to make a BIG apology for a few whoppers they told the day before the Comey testimony in Congress. I don't trust any of them any further than I could throw them while I was in a full body plaster cast.

You KNOW it's bad when the UK Daily Mail has more accurate U.S. news than the usual suspects masquerading as news sources in the U.S.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    tennmike wrote: »
    You KNOW it's bad when the UK Daily Mail has more accurate U.S. news than the usual suspects masquerading as news sources in the U.S.

:win:

Part of the problem is folks trusting sites like Alex Jones' website or who don't verify where info came from and just ASSume that, since it sounds 'right' it is right...
    George Carlin
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,387 Senior Member
    I'm afraid I'd be in jail were I that child's father.
    Let me rephrase that, I would be in jail.

If this were true and this girl was even kin to me, or I even knew her, I'd be dead or in jail, and either way there would be "OTHER PEOPLE" Dead, whether I was dead or in jail.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    snake284 wrote: »
    If this were true and this girl was even kin to me, or I even knew her, I'd be dead or in jail, and either way there would be "OTHER PEOPLE" Dead, whether I was dead or in jail.

Ya got that right! If it were my child - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PUE8fYxjq8
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    I'm all for turning the little brats loose- - - - - -there's a lot better chance they'll be able to sing soprano for the rest of their miserable lives that way. Jail would probably be a safer place for them to be, especially the older ones.
    Jerry