Home Main Category General Firearms

The Brown Truck of Happiness arrived today...

JayhawkerJayhawker ModeratorPosts: 16,757 Senior Member
With the lower build kit and brace for my AR pistol build....Upper should be here tommorow....Now all I need to do is order a few odds and ends, an optic and something for the muzzle....
Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Replies

• Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    I used this.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/816788/doublestar-carlson-tac-comp-muzzle-brake-1-2-28-thread-ar-15-steel-matte

Way more better than just the A2 flash hider. I probably would have used the one Chris linked but I had forgotten about it.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    For your muzzle.

http://www.kineti-tech.com/muzzle-brakes-2/
    Cheap and effective. Not as effective as a standard brake, but it does redirect the blast.

:agree:

... and these are your targets ...

IMG_0301_zps9a3xipi4.jpg
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,520 Senior Member
    tumblr_m5rq26Dv1t1rufpeho1_500.gif
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,757 Senior Member
    Nice...whatcha thinking for the optic?

Either a Vortex SPARC or a Bushnell TRS 25....I had the Vortex on my patrol rifle in Kansas and really liked it. The Bushnell has been recommended by some friends. Right now PSA has a deal for the Vortex and 10 30 round PMAGS for $199.00
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,419 Senior Member
    The vortex works without batteries. Win= Vortex

Well dang, I did not know that, the Palmetto ad takes on new meaning tonight.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,703 Senior Member
    The vortex works without batteries. Win= Vortex

Are you sure about that. Nothing on their website indicates that.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
    I had to check...this was posted 5/17/17

"Well, since I'm retired and on a fixed income I have to buy it a bit at a time... I'm going to drive up to Traverse City next week to pick up a stripped lower...then next payday I'll order the lower kit from PSA and the stock blade...then the payday after that I'll order the upper....should I go on? Nowadays any firearm purchase takes some rather involved doing...Figure I'll have it done in July or so.... "

....way to pick up the pace Jayhawker, who says enabling doesn't work:applause::jester:
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,788 Senior Member
    I have a Sparc and it does require batteries. It works fine, if you can get by without magnification, at 50 yards. I no longer can, so I put it on my grandson's AR.
    The upper showed up today right on schedule...started putting it together at six when the news came on, finished up just as NCIS finished up.

_20170613_205753_zpsmyoy4kxc.jpg

There are a few things I'm going to tweak but it works...

Now the wife wants one.....
    Very nice. 8.5 or 10.5" barrel?
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    What kind of brace is that?

SOB Tactical...it's what PSA included in their pistol lower build kit.....It works but I'm still going to replace it with a blade...I think...
    Very nice. 8.5 or 10.5" barrel?

Me thinks the lines between brace and stock are blurry.....

Yeah that one seems way to close to the line for my taste.
    Dad 5-31-13
    Duh?

So...tell me again why that is not an SBR...because I wouldn't hesitate to build a pistol if that passes for a pistol, legally. :silly:
    Me thinks the lines between brace and stock are blurry.....

Only until you see how the thing is constructed and what it's constructed of... it's flexible...hard rubber. They provided the atf letter that says it's a brace....That being said, I'll be switching it out for the Shockwave brace and buffer tube....
    bisley wrote: »
    Duh?

So...tell me again why that is not an SBR...because I wouldn't hesitate to build a pistol if that passes for a pistol, legally. :silly:

The lower is sold as a pistol lower. As stated on the 4473.....the overall length is under 26" and it's registered with the state as a pistol...(something we still have to do in MI). The brace is not adjustable for length... The place I got the lower legally builds a lot of these using that criteria...
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    The lower is sold as a pistol lower. As stated on the 4473.....the overall length is under 26" and it's registered with the state as a pistol...(something we still have to do in MI). The brace is not adjustable for length... The place I got the lower legally builds a lot of these using that criteria...

Yup, same for OK. Except the registration, no need for that here. My two favorite LGS mark the 4473 as "other" on every stripped lower they sell. Then it is up to you to comply with the law.
    Dad 5-31-13

Thank you for that clarification.
    Now I have to revisit all of my AR pistol negatives that I thought I had put to rest. :uhm:
    The upper showed up today right on schedule...started putting it together at six when the news came on, finished up just as NCIS finished up.

_20170613_205753_zpsmyoy4kxc.jpg

There are a few things I'm going to tweak but it works...

Now the wife wants one.....

Ha, 2fer enabling.