Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

It's official- - - - -Comey is a felon

2»

Replies

• john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    one word.

resist
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,127 Senior Member
    So the new word for Republican is "dummycrap" now? Comey and Mueller are both Republicans.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Comey and Mueller are both RINO's.

FIFY!

They're both Washington bureaucrats who have been wading up to their chins in the cesspool through multiple administrations on both sides of the fence, where the watchword is "Don't Make A Wave!" People like that are the very reason the phrase "Drain the Swamp" was coined.
    Jerry
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,288 Senior Member
    Comey and Mueller have been butties for a LONG time. Having Mueller investigate Comey is like letting a fox investigate the missing hens in the hen house.

(No. I didn't misspell 'buddies' as 'butties'; purely intentional on my part.)
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,788 Senior Member
    This is what can be expected when you turn your government over to lawyers. They make careers out of manipulating ignorant people and exploiting the laws that they help each other craft. The law is whatever they say it is, if they can get enough rabble-rousers together to shout down the opposition and intimidate, blackmail, or bribe the 'powers that be.'

Mueller is either honest, or he isn't - the die was cast when the Democrat appointed assistant AG agreed to appoint a 'special counsel' to investigate something for which there was no compelling evidence to support it. Unless Trump taped his conversations with Comey, there is no evidence beyond a disgruntled ex-employee's recollections that may or may not have been recorded after the fact. Even if there is evidence that Trump ordered Comey to stop investigating Flynn, there are plenty of Constitutional scholars, including Alan Dershowitz, who assert that the President has that authority.
  • john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    Comey investigates Flynn, gives pass to Hillary. Mueller investigates Trump, has lunch with Comey.
    bisley wrote: »

Mueller is either honest, or he isn't - the die was cast when the Democrat appointed assistant AG agreed to appoint a 'special counsel' to investigate something for which there was no compelling evidence to support it. Unless Trump taped his conversations with Comey, there is no evidence beyond a disgruntled ex-employee's recollections that may or may not have been recorded after the fact. Even if there is evidence that Trump ordered Comey to stop investigating Flynn, there are plenty of Constitutional scholars, including Alan Dershowitz, who assert that the President has that authority.
    Let us be clear about this... Trump nominated assistant attorney general, Rod Rosenstein, and was confirmed by a Republican senate. Rosenstein appointed Mueller. If there is blame for that, it should land square on the "smart businessman that hires smart people." Rosenstein even gave Trump cover when firing Comey. What did Trump do? Open his giant mouth on national TV and say that he was going to fire Comey regardless and that the Russia investigation was a factor.

This whole fiasco was self inflicted. Democrats and Rinos are not to blame.
    -Thomas Paine
    It is ILLEGAL for Mueller to investigate Comey. Federal law says so. A special investigator cannot investigate someone with whom they are friends. More proof that the crackheads in the Just-us Department are incapable of following the written LAWS they pretend to uphold.

Just-us: Going to court to obtain justice, looking around the room, and seeing Just-us peons about to get raped and robbed by the robed robber and his lawyer 'enforcers'. The Mafia is jealous of what the system of jurisprudence can do legally.
    ― Douglas Adams
    Mueller isn't investigating Comey. He is investigating Trump.
    -Thomas Paine
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    So the fox is charged with guarding the henhouse, and the farmer (us) is prohibited by law from doing anything about it. When do we start goose-stepping and giving stiff-armed salutes, no matter who happens to be in office at the time?

Maybe the nutcases with high capacity magazines and a mission to thin the herd in Washington aren't as looney-tunes as everybody thinks they are.
    Jerry
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,788 Senior Member
    Let us be clear about this... Trump nominated assistant attorney general, Rod Rosenstein, and was confirmed by a Republican senate. Rosenstein appointed Mueller. If there is blame for that, it should land square on the "smart businessman that hires smart people." Rosenstein even gave Trump cover when firing Comey. What did Trump do? Open his giant mouth on national TV and say that he was going to fire Comey regardless and that the Russia investigation was a factor.

This whole fiasco was self inflicted. Democrats and Rinos are not to blame.

You're right - I mixed up the assistant AG with the assistant FBI director.

But, it was still a mistake to appoint a special counsel, when there is no compelling evidence, beyond Comey's leaked memo and his inconclusive testimony under oath. He doesn't even accuse him, himself - he merely implies it. Courts don't hear cases or issue warrants unless there is prima facie evidence of a crime.

You are also right about Trump's idiotic tweeting, but being dumb isn't a crime. It just opens the door for your enemies.
    Teach wrote: »
    So the fox is charged with guarding the henhouse, and the farmer (us) is prohibited by law from doing anything about it.
    This all falls in Trump's lap. His big mouth led to this situation. The voters elected him.
    -Thomas Paine
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,607 Senior Member
    This all falls in Trump's lap. His big mouth led to this situation. The voters elected him.

Voters who were both sick of businesses as usual (which I agree with) and who wanted to stick it to libtards so bad they could taste it.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    Mueller isn't investigating Comey. He is investigating Trump.

I left out a word: Comey's 'firing'. Mueller cannot investigate Trump for Comey's firing because Comey and Mueller are good friends with a history. Any way you look at it, Mueller investigating Comey's firing is all kinds of wrong. And Mueller IS investigating the Comey firing.
    ― Douglas Adams
    tennmike wrote: »
    I left out a word: Comey's 'firing'. Mueller cannot investigate Trump for Comey's firing because Comey and Mueller are good friends with a history. Any way you look at it, Mueller investigating Comey's firing is all kinds of wrong. And Mueller IS investigating the Comey firing.
    Then it is a good thing Trump is such a smart guy and surrounded himself with smart people because his smart people won't be so dumb as to appoint Mueller and cause that conflict.

There are a LOT of lawyers involved in this. I am sure one will point out the error (if there is one) soon enough.
    -Thomas Paine
This discussion has been closed.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement