Home Main Category General Firearms

Hey FLA Boys, Ever Heard Of This Place?

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
I entered a few guns into Gallery of Guns and did a search and they beat prices by far (on Ruger Blackhawks/others) of anyplace in FLA was the Sunshine State Armory, might well be worth the drive. It is located in Zephyrhills FLA.

They are building an online store, but here is a FB link.

https://www.facebook.com/Sunshine-State-Armory-800760079999911/
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Unfortunately they were also the victims of a gun shop robbery.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Man, it does pay to shop around. I saw prices from $387 all the way to $550 fer a Ruger American 9mm, most in the 400s...................item #8608
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,128 Senior Member
    About 5 hours from here.

Wish they had a Rural King around here. They had the best prices (although limited selection) I've seen......
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,703 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Man, it does pay to shop around. I saw prices from $387 all the way to $550 fer a Ruger American 9mm, most in the 400s...................item #8608

PSA had those for $250 a couple of weekends ago.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
    PSA had those for $250 a couple of weekends ago.

This one http://www.ruger.com/products/rugerAmericanPistol/specSheets/8608.html
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    That thing is really top heavy.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    BAMAAK wrote: »

I haven't had the chance to hold one yet.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,300 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    Big Chief wrote: »
    I haven't had the chance to hold one yet.

It IS top heavy, but it's also built like a freakin' tank! And the good news of it being built like that is that Big Chief won't break it! :rotflmao:

Joking aside, I like the looks of that one. And with all that added weight, it would be a putty cat to shoot.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    Made to compete for the military contracts. Looks like they did some good things to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEGqYYgSljE
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,412 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    It IS top heavy, but it's also built like a freakin' tank! And the good news of it being built like that is that Big Chief won't break it! :rotflmao:

Joking aside, I like the looks of that one. And with all that added weight, it would be a putty cat to shoot.

I like the looks of it too - but there are a lot of folks who don't. Its all well and good that BC can't break it; but the REAL question is, can a Marine do it in? :jester:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Hey the only guns I ever broke, broke themselves.............only NN can destroy a Ruger :jester: