Home Main Category General Firearms

What in tarnation is Yavex>

zorbazorba Senior MemberPosts: 23,411 Senior Member
-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

Replies

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,020 Senior Member
    If it lasts longer than four hours, consult your physician
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,881 Senior Member
    A Turkish ammunition company
    Made in Turkey
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,411 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Looks like 9mm ammo to me.

Not much gets past you! :jester:

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    knitepoet wrote: »
    A Turkish ammunition company

At least it isn't "Hecho en China" - is it any good?

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,881 Senior Member
    You've got me :uhm:

Never heard of it
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

knitepoet wrote: »
    Never heard of it

Me neither. I'm not in need of 9mm ammo right now, but I'm always lookin'!

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Pay 20 more bucks and grab some AM Eagle/Winchester/Blazer Brass/Rem or whatever when they run a sale for around 10-11 bucks a box and buy in bulk with free or cheap S&H.

I may be wrong and it could be OK stuff, but I look at it for the quality of the brass for reloading too and until I tried a couple boxes would go with the good stuff made here or Israel (when they have it).

My 2 cents worth anyhow.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    That is a crappy company to deal with don't buy anything from them. Their prices are toooo low and if somebody were to order from them they in the morning at say 9am you can't drive there and pick it up until after lunch. Also their website is only done in realtime inventory management so if it shows available it is in stock. Oh yeah, the handtruck they let you use to haul your order to your vehicle is rusty.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
    I bought a brick of .32 ACP from them for a VERY good price, but it was Fiocchi. Yavex I've never heard of before so I figured I'd ask if anyone has any experience with it. Don't need any 9mm right now anyway.

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,708 Senior Member
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,387 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    I bought a brick of .32 ACP from them for a VERY good price, but it was Fiocchi. Yavex I've never heard of before so I figured I'd ask if anyone has any experience with it. Don't need any 9mm right now anyway.

Will penicillin cure it?
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,543 Senior Member
    I like that there are so many companies getting into ammo production. More choices, lower prices, more time at the range.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,298 Senior Member
    Might be O.K. You should buy some and see how it does regarding accuracy, consistency, and not causing problems. :tooth:

I'm a little paranoid of ammo from some countries and overseas companies. The higher end Yugo stuff is pretty good, but the cheap Russian stuff is just NASTY as to residue. I shy away from Turkish and Indian ammo; there have been problems in the past. South African 7.62x51 and 9mm Parabellum military surplus back in the 80s and 90s was primo stuff, but I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole now. Nor some South American 7.62x51 rifle ammo due to storage issues.

I'd rather buy cheap U.S. made Plain Jane ammo from the usual suspects. They have better quality control, and take care of any problems a lot faster than those overseas places.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    Kinda like the wimmens from exotic places huh Mike :jester:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,639 Senior Member
    Too bad they do not have a store front since we are getting up that way next month.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
    NN wrote: »
    Too bad they do not have a store front since we are getting up that way next month.

Ned, they do! Order it and under the Click Shipping select local pickup. They orders real quick, they say next day but they are quicker, and you pick 'em from the lady at the front desk.

ETA:
    We are now offering local pickup for our regional customers. For local pickup option to appear at checkout the address on the order must be a North Carolina address and the "Pick up in store" option must be selected at checkout. The local pickup option has only been enabled for North Carolina customers to avoid any confusion at checkout. Local pickup is available Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm. If you are visiting North Carolina and your billing address is not a NC address you can use the local pickup option but we ask that you call in your order at 877-229-0351 so that we can apply the local pickup option to the order. The local pickup address is 638 Alton Place, High Point, NC 27263. Please pick up your order within 7 business days. Any order that has not been picked up within 7 business days will be refunded with a 10% restocking fee.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    Ned, they do! Order it and under the Click Shipping select local pickup. They orders real quick, they say next day but they are quicker, and you pick 'em from the lady at the front desk.

ETA:

I read what you had posted before
    I don't need anything, but, if I could have dropped in I might have bought something on an impulse.

We may be on a tight sked since were are going to a American Legion event.
    Man, you can find any kind of .22 ammo there from 5 cents to 80 cents a round from all kinds of manufacturers. They have more variety and good prices than any one place I've seen in years.

Prices are as good or better than places I have been ordering from. How are they on S&H charges?

Bookmarked.
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Man, you can find any kind of .22 ammo there from 5 cents to 80 cents a round from all kinds of manufacturers. They have more variety and good prices than any one place I've seen in years.

Prices are as good or better than places I have been ordering from. How are they on S&H charges?

Bookmarked.

I ordered a brick of Fiocchi .32 auto, which was 8 lbs shipped, for a $14.24 shipping charge. I wouldn't say it was a steal on shipping, but it wasn't a rip off like so many are, and their prices on this ammo were phenomenal - $10.90/box of 50. Considering I usually see .32 for north of $15, as far as I'm concerned this was a screaming deal! My local Mall Wart has .32 ACP WWB for $24+/box of 50!!! :yikes:

I just got 10X 100 rd of CCI Mini-Mags 40 grain solids delivered today from PSA with free S&H. They don't have the variety as this joint, but when they have a sale and free S&H on 10 or more............I grab some.

I really like the Fiocchi ammo I tried both centerfire and .22 LR. Good prices at Graf & Sons. And S&H is only $7.95 no matter the weight.

Pays to shop around.
    The shipping thing is kinda weird to me across the board ... I get free shipping from PSA on their sale stuff (200 rounds of Gold Dots) but when I needed some small parts (they came in a small padded envelope) it was $6 or $7 shipping? I know PSA ships so much they have a deal with UPS, FedEx, etc but the way it applies to things is plan weird. As to Outdoor Limited the UPS charges I've paid (only twice the other times were pick ups) included insurance and signature add ons ... I don't think they have any contract pricing like PSA or some others so no deals on shipping ... David does need to work on that.
    - George Orwell
    SIGgal wrote: »
    9mm subsonic ammo.

Well, ain't that special. Not seeing a spec on Outdoor's site about that. Caveat Emptor!

• horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    It's 18 cents / round. I've seen cheaper, but that's usually steel-cased stuff. BUY IT. If you don't like it, I'll buy it from you for pennies on the dollar. Badda-book, Badda-Boom.
    zorba wrote: »
    Well, ain't that special. Not seeing a spec on Outdoor's site about that. Caveat Emptor!
    Google the stuff fps 1115

So it is barely subsonic.............. below 1126 FPS

Shows that you need to do your homework. You either want subsonic - or you don't. Generally.

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,298 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Kinda like the wimmens from exotic places huh Mike :jester:

Yeah, sorta kinda like them wimmins from exotic places. They just gave you those nasty social diseases, though; some of that ammo will cause a gun to blow up in your face.

And since that ammo is from Turkey I might as well say it. Turkey has been giving us the stink eye lately and making nasty noises towards U.S. troops. I'd prefer not to buy anything that supports that whackadoodle in power over there. NATO ally, my donkey!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams