Saw 2 interesting guns today

RugerFanRugerFan Senior MemberPosts: 1,811 Senior Member
Was in a nearby town today shopping for floor covering. After shopping I went into a gun and pawn shop that was across.the street. It had a fair assortment of guns for the small town.

Anyway, 2 stood out. One was a Remington Model 24. It was a slim, pretty little .22. I had never heard of it, much less seen one before. $500+ price tag.

The other was a Colt 1911. That's what was on the tag, not 1911a1. The interesting part was what was attached to the top of the slide. There was a piece of steel that appeared to be about 1/4 inch thick runni ing the entire length of the slide. There was a cut out for the ejec tion port . I've never seen that before, but I'm not very knowledgeable about 1911's. What was that, and what's the purpose of it

Replies

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,045 Senior Member
    The 24 was a similar design to the Browning 22 auto. Chambered in short OR long rifle, not interchangeable. They were also take down. Made from about 1922-1935. Neat little rifles!
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,811 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Sounds like an old school sight rib. Used to be popular with the bullseye shooters.
    1860778_01_colt_1911_clark_long_slide_45__640.jpg

That is it! Thanks!
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,811 Senior Member
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    The 24 was a similar design to the Browning 22 auto. Chambered in short OR long rifle, not interchangeable. They were also take down. Made from about 1922-1935. Neat little rifles!

It is a pretty rifle. I really liked it. Quite a pettite gun.