Saw 2 interesting guns today

RugerFanRugerFan Senior MemberPosts: 1,582 Senior Member
Was in a nearby town today shopping for floor covering. After shopping I went into a gun and pawn shop that was across.the street. It had a fair assortment of guns for the small town.

Anyway, 2 stood out. One was a Remington Model 24. It was a slim, pretty little .22. I had never heard of it, much less seen one before. $500+ price tag.

The other was a Colt 1911. That's what was on the tag, not 1911a1. The interesting part was what was attached to the top of the slide. There was a piece of steel that appeared to be about 1/4 inch thick runni ing the entire length of the slide. There was a cut out for the ejec tion port . I've never seen that before, but I'm not very knowledgeable about 1911's. What was that, and what's the purpose of it

Replies

  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 27,076 Senior Member
    RugerFan wrote: »
    Was in a nearby town today shopping for floor covering. After shopping I went into a gun and pawn shop that was across.the street. It had a fair assortment of guns for the small town.

    Anyway, 2 stood out. One was a Remington Model 24. It was a slim, pretty little .22. I had never heard of it, much less seen one before. $500+ price tag.

    The other was a Colt 1911. That's what was on the tag, not 1911a1. The interesting part was what was attached to the top of the slide. There was a piece of steel that appeared to be about 1/4 inch thick runni ing the entire length of the slide. There was a cut out for the ejec tion port . I've never seen that before, but I'm not very knowledgeable about 1911's. What was that, and what's the purpose of it
    Sounds like an old school sight rib. Used to be popular with the bullseye shooters.
    1860778_01_colt_1911_clark_long_slide_45__640.jpg
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 6,781 Senior Member
    The 24 was a similar design to the Browning 22 auto. Chambered in short OR long rifle, not interchangeable. They were also take down. Made from about 1922-1935. Neat little rifles!
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,582 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Sounds like an old school sight rib. Used to be popular with the bullseye shooters.
    1860778_01_colt_1911_clark_long_slide_45__640.jpg

    That is it! Thanks!
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,582 Senior Member
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    The 24 was a similar design to the Browning 22 auto. Chambered in short OR long rifle, not interchangeable. They were also take down. Made from about 1922-1935. Neat little rifles!

    It is a pretty rifle. I really liked it. Quite a pettite gun.
Sign In or Register to comment.