Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

SCOTUS .....GRrrr

pjames777pjames777 Senior MemberPosts: 1,311 Senior Member
SCOTUS rejected hearing two gun related cases. Who decides what case to hear. This is the third time they flat out rejected cases regarding 2A. Sotomayor and Ginsberg both said they would have heard the cases. Gorsuch and Thomas both said the Court should have heard the cases. WTH?:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Replies

• NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Ginsberg's "term" should be coming close to ending soon. She's just hanging on (and Breyer too) to make sure Trump doesn't get to appoint another conservative to the court.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,635 Senior Member
    Kennedy "might" retire within the next year.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,745 Senior Member
    What were the cases about? Knowing that would help me form a better opinion of their decision.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,624 Senior Member
    I'd like to see another Trump nominee on the Court before making any 2A decisions. The fact that two anti-2As wanted to hear it is enough to set off my alarms. At any rate, the session is over for summer.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • 6EQUJ5 - WOW!6EQUJ5 - WOW! Banned Posts: 482 Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    What were the cases about? Knowing that would help me form a better opinion of their decision.

Top of my head, I believe it had to do with gun control laws in San Diego, Calif.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    pjames777 wrote: »
    SCOTUS rejected hearing two gun related cases. Who decides what case to hear. This is the third time they flat out rejected cases regarding 2A. Sotomayor and Ginsberg both said they would have heard the cases. Gorsuch and Thomas both said the Court should have heard the cases. WTH?:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Law clerks "decide" for the most part; except for Alito and now Gorsuch. I'm starting to like this guy.
    Several Supreme Court justices share their law clerks to pool their resources in deciding which cases to hear or deny from the thousands of petitions sent to the high court in any given year. Justice Samuel Alito does not participate in the pooling of resources, according to the New York Times, and the Supreme Court's public information office told the Washington Examiner on Tuesday that Gorsuch has elected not to do so, either.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/gorsuch-wont-use-supreme-court-clerks-pool-to-help-choose-cases-to-hear/article/2621906
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Looks like we're going to need another Trump-appointed Justice or two. Patience ... patience
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    I firmly believe the Reaper is scared of Democratic women ... or else he's on the Clinton bribe list. If he ain't Ginsburg, Pelosi, Feinstein and even Hildabeast shoulda at least filled a slot or two on his list.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Aren't all the alleged females on the court "pro-choice"? Their very existence would make a pretty persuasive argument for making the procedure retroactive by about 70 years or so!
    :devil:
    Jerry
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,146 Senior Member
    They declined to hear Peruta v. California, which challenges the "reasonable cause" restriction on CA CCW permits. http://mailchi.mp/6e79b8c8066b/supreme-court-declines-to-re-hear-peruta-fight-carries-on?e=2008b0dd01

Thomas and Gorsuch wrote the dissenting opinion which is worth at least scanning.

A lot of chaff in the air - not sure how much wheat it contains - about Kennedy retiring.

But yeah. . .WTH?
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,387 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    I'd like to see another Trump nominee on the Court before making any 2A decisions. The fact that two anti-2As wanted to hear it is enough to set off my alarms. At any rate, the session is over for summer.

:that::agree:

No, there was not a majoriti that wanted to hear it yet. We need at least one more Trump appointee on the bench. The problem is we need a liberal replaced with a conservative. That's not what we got with Gorsuch. Gorsuch was what we needed to keep the court on the conservative side, but to make real gains we need some conservatives taking over for the libtard side.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,387 Senior Member
    But with Kennedy retiring and replaced with a Trump pick is only maintenance. Kennedy can go either way on social issues, but so far he's been loyal on gun issues. So that's why I say replacing him with a conservative is only Maintenance. To make some real gains on the make up of the court toward conservatism we need to replace Liberals with conservatives. If Trump gets re-elected we may have that chance, unless Ginsberg has another bout with Pancreatic Cancer. I don't want to make gains like that. I hope she lives to be 110. But maybe she'll get tired and want to retire. Stevens too. I don't like to see gains made by deaths. I like to see them made at the Ballot Box.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
This discussion has been closed.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement