The guy who dies with the most toy's wins

104RFAST104RFAST Senior MemberPosts: 1,233 Senior Member
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3883930/most-armed-man-america-dragon-mel-bernstein-colorado-guns/

I thought I was a gun nut! Even if I won the Powerball I can't
imagine that many guns. He has more stuff than the Smithsonian

Replies

• john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    "a frightening 3,000 weapons "

frightening ?
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,509 Senior Member
    He hosts some full auto shoots a couple times a year, i believe.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 23,305 Senior Member
    Weapons of any kind don't frighten me. Congress or the State Legislature being in session scares the hell out of me, though! :silly::silly::silly::silly::roll2::tooth:
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,171 Senior Member
    The "Dragon Man" is a Colorado Springs celebrity, of sorts. He will rent you the use of a fully auto machine gun for playing with on his range. I think that Mike (Linefinder) has paid him a visit along with some others. I never made it there.

A few years ago some TV show was filming there, and set up some kind of foolery with fireworks. It backfired, and somehow the Dragon Man's wife was killed from the mishap.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,663 Senior Member
    Back in the 70's that guy and his Dragon bike was featured in almost every chopper-related magazine I ever read. I once saw him and his bike at a bike show event somewhere.
    I HAVE HATED COMMUNISTS EVEN BEFORE THEY CHANGED THEIR NAME TO LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 27,076 Senior Member
    Good for him! I really have no interest in owning a collection of that size. Gun cleaning day would be sheer murder...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,131 Senior Member
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    Gun cleaning month would be sheer murder...

FIFY
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    I lose!

Heck, I would probably lose measured only against members here.
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    I'm not playing any game where I have to die to win.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,132 Senior Member
    Good for him! I really have no interest in owning a collection of that size. Gun cleaning day would be sheer murder...

Nah me neither. In fact, a little confession here, back in the day when I had one rifle, my old .270, I spent time thinking and wishing I had a house full of guns. Now I have them. But I will confess back when I only had one, I took better care of it and I was happier. I didn't have to think what I would "hunt with this weekend!, '" It never went neglected, and was cleaned thoroughly every time I got it out. But, it was an itch I thought needed scratching and I did it. Actually, I don't mind having 20 rifles, just as long as I don't have to clean em all at once,:tooth:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,081 Senior Member
    john9001 wrote: »
    "a frightening 3,000 weapons "

frightening ?

Hoplophobes.....pathetic..
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,699 Senior Member
    104RFAST wrote: »
    [He has more stuff than the Smithsonian

A big chunk of the Smithsonian's collection is on semi-permanent loan to Cody. . .and no, he doesn't.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,509 Senior Member
    SIGgal wrote: »
    Only thing scary about it is that anyone really cares about this. A person can legally own as many firearms, swords or tanks as they like. Even here in jersey. I didn't finish the article yet, and although impressive, it is a business and not so much a personal collection. Either way, he is a lucky man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct, its a business. But the article is from the UK and to those papers, 1 gun makes you a fear laden cowboy ready for war.
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,762 Senior Member
    104RFAST wrote: »
    The guy who dies with the most toys...
    Still dies :tissue:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

SIGgal wrote: »
    Mmmmmmm, or cowgirl lol. True, I forgot that was from the U.K........ figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like this poor bastard

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/watch-this-british-guys-shocked-reaction-to-a-minnesota-gun-shop/
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,132 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Still dies :tissue:

Yep, the ultimate truth about all our earthly Trophies is we can't take 'em with us.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    snake284 wrote: »
    Yep, the ultimate truth about all our earthly Trophies is we can't take 'em with us.

Yes...we can...if a good friend loads them in the casket....
  • john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    Lions and tigers and guns oh my.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,725 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Yes...we can...if a good friend loads them in the casket....
    I've heard you'll never see a UHaul behind a hearse.

Not true.

hearse-u-haul.jpg

And it's not the first!
    hearse-uhaul-vintage-pic.jpg
    Overkill is underrated.