Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Today's School Education ... Scary Things

NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior MemberPosts: 4,324 Senior Member
I have thought about this all day and it makes me question what I being taught and not in our schools. At church last night a couple of the kids (high school youth group) were talking about Trump and how he should be impeached for this and that ... basically parroting adults with influence in their lives be it parents, teachers, etc. I basically asked why they felt this and they gave the standard liberal machine answers. One was how Trump hated the gay community and would do stuff to hurt gay rights. I responded to that with who do they think would be worse for gay right, Trump or Pence. They said oh for sure Pence. When I said something if Trump were impeached then Pence would have his chance. One girl, a rising SENIOR, responded what would Pence have to do with it? When I told her he'd be president if Trump were impeached she looked at me like I had 2 heads and said that Hildabeast would be president. She actually did not know the order of succession in the executive branch. What the hell is it when in 11 years of schooling that a student does not know the basics of our government? She has been indoctrinated into the liberal BS but not taught basic civics.
“The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
- George Orwell

Replies

• john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    and they vote.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,748 Senior Member
    I wonder why they think Pence would be worse on gay rights than Trump.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    She actually did not know the order of succession in the executive branch. What the hell is it when in 11 years of schooling that a student does not know the basics of our government? She has been indoctrinated into the liberal BS but not taught basic civics.

And that is what every liberal, without exception, calls "mission accomplished."
  • 6EQUJ5 - WOW!6EQUJ5 - WOW! Banned Posts: 482 Member
    Today's youth, like many adults nowadays, are nothing but palm zombies. Books are no longer read and anything on the internet is considered today's literature.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    I wonder why they think Pence would be worse on gay rights than Trump.

I assume it's because Pence has "Christian values". So he must hate gays.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,748 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »

My point was that if they didn't even realize that Pence would be next in line, would they even know who he was or what he stands for?

BTW, impeachment is only part of the process of removing a sitting president. I wonder if they realize that.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    My point was that if they didn't even realize that Pence would be next in line, would they even know who he was or what he stands for?

BTW, impeachment is only part of the process of removing a sitting president. I wonder if they realize that.

Nope, cause they didn't know the House impeached Slick Willy on perjury and obstruction in the sex scandle but the Senate didn't but think Nixon completely was impeached and removed from office. History taught today is so screwed up ...
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,400 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »

WORD.

Pence scares me - he seems to be a Christianist of the worst sort from his rhetoric.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Nixon was not removed from office or impeached, he resigned.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Yell a lie long enough and loud enough, and people start believing it. Hitler's buddy Goebbels said so, and the dummycraps are no better. Of course they've got Alinski guiding their crusade, who is probably worse.
    Jerry
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,628 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    WORD.

Pence scares me - he seems to be a Christianist of the worst sort from his rhetoric.

What rhetoric is that?
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    What rhetoric is that?

Yes, I'd like to know also.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,127 Senior Member
    Zorba rhetoric. Do NOT ask him about his distinction between ethics and morals!
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,400 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    What rhetoric is that?
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    Yes, I'd like to know also.

Google is your friend...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    Google is your friend...

I'd like to hear your version.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
This discussion has been closed.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement