NAA revolvers

2»

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,267 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Man there's been almost 4 million views of the video where he shot his self, Dumbass!

After watching these vids, and especially the more informative Hicock 45 vid, I gotta say I don't personally consider the NAA a viable carry piece.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 17,611 Senior Member
    After watching these vids, and especially the more informative Hicock 45 vid, I gotta say I don't personally consider the NAA a viable carry piece.

They're fun though - remind me, I'll bring mine to next year's shoot for the curious.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,514 Senior Member
    Not for everyone and you have to be aware of a few things about how they operate like the Safety Notch between cylinder charge to allow all 5 chambers to be carried safely loaded and not placing you hand/fingers near the cylinder bbl gap (true for all revolvers, but easy to fergit with these diminutive shooters trying to get a better grip).
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    zorba wrote: »
    They're fun though - remind me, I'll bring mine to next year's shoot for the curious.

I had mine, but had so many other guns it stayed in my britches pocket besides showing it to a few folks.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,407 Senior Member
    Saw a crime show on TV that reports on real crimes.

Woman killed someone in a bar dispute with one of these guns in .22mag.
    This message has been deleted
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 27,794 Senior Member
    Oh it is. I've heard LEOs called these the scariest gun on earth. Let's face it, most folks just don't want to get shot, period. So any gun is better than no gun, you just have to accept the limitations and potential consequences of not carrying something bigger should it come to that. But for a BUG or strictly get off me gun? I'd pee my pants if I found the barrel of one of those in my nostril.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,605 Senior Member
    There is a "manual of arms" for every firearm. Each gun has a learning curve of what to do and not do. NAA mini revolvers are no different. And so what! You just read the manual, use your common sense, remember the universal safety rules, and you get to shoot and live happily ever after. Never mind what you 'think' about these guns, you need to spend some time shooting one to fully appreciate their capabilities, and to realize your own potential with them. Enjoy.
    horselips wrote: »
    There is a "manual of arms" for every firearm. Each gun has a learning curve of what to do and not do. NAA mini revolvers are no different. And so what! You just read the manual, use your common sense, remember the universal safety rules, and you get to shoot and live happily ever after. Never mind what you 'think' about these guns, you need to spend some time shooting one to fully appreciate their capabilities, and to realize your own potential with them. Enjoy.

Right shoulder arms

Port arms

Inspection arms
    NN wrote: »
    Right shoulder arms

Port arms

Inspection arms

Someone made a post on here some years ago where a prisoner had one shoved up his rectum..............I can't remember if that was the incident where he shot a cop with one from the back seat or not.
    Sanitize arms
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 23,907 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »

Dang, you got one fer each boot and a vest pocket :tooth: :guns: :guns:[/QUOTE]

I have carried both of the NAA revolvers as a backup, at times. I have a couple of holsters for both. Each has a clip holster that fits in the inside pocket of my denim coat. And one with a clip that fits my belt and doesn't look like a holster; hidden in plain sight.

For a 'get off me now!' gun they fill the bill nicely. Just have to remember that shot placement is really important with either.

I did some chronograph work with the NAAs with .22 LR and .22 WMR a few years ago and have the results hidden somewhere on this computer. Can't seem to find it. Actually not that bad for a short barreled pistol, IIRC.

The fat 'Goodyear' grips I have on mine also make a two handed grip a LOT safer, too.
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

2»