Brownells comes through, as expected.

JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior MemberPosts: 6,087 Senior Member
The FedEx shipment for the rangefinder is officially lost and I got a claim number for a lost package. 1.) they are imbeciles, 2.) Brownells is not.

They've processed a replacement.. I asked the nice lady "for the love of God don't send it FedEx". She got a chuckle out of that and it's coming USPS Priority and should arrive by Wednesday. I figured Brownells would have great service regarding this.

I also gave FedEx three separate videos showing the driver come to the door, walk away and drive away. Never left a door tag. They are looking into it, whatever that implies. I have an acquaintance who works for FedEx and knows the guy that normally handles that route and said "yea he's a lazy piece of ----." Figures. UPS has been far better for us. Friendlier, too.

Range report on the rangefinder sometime next week.
“There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,532 Senior Member
    UPS around here has given me much better service than FedEx. Other places FedEx has been good, especially for small parts/documents that had to get there the next day or two.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,332 Senior Member
    UPS & USPS is much better here than FedEx, in Colorado FedEx was the best,

I have been dealing with Brownells since 1960 and have never had a problem , IMO they have the best CS.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 965 Senior Member
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,440 Senior Member
    Funny you should mention both! I bought a jar of Oxpho-blue, I wish I had bought two with the hazmat charges. It came yesterday to the wrong address. My neighbor brought t to me.
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,282 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    UPS around here has given me much better service than FedEx. Other places FedEx has been good, especially for small parts/documents that had to get there the next day or two.

I've had great luck with UPS domestically but overseas my favorite is DHL. In fact, I've got a DHL packet coming from the Philippines right now. I use them exclusively for all Immigration papers. They're expensive but they're worth it.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    10canyon53 wrote: »
    Last time I started to walk into a FedEx facility to ship something a "No guns allowed" sign stopped me dead in my tracks. I turned around and left and they will never see me again. Obviously they don't want my business.

Yeah that would make the hair stand up on about everybody here's neck. But the sad truth is, I would almost bet my next retirement check that UPS and everybody else has that same opinion of guns. Bring back the Pony Express! LOL!!!
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    jaywapti wrote: »
    UPS & USPS is much better here than FedEx, in Colorado FedEx was the best,

I have been dealing with Brownells since 1960 and have never had a problem , IMO t.. hey have the best CS.

JAY

I deal with Midway and I like them. However, I think Brownell's out does them all. And I bet they have a tool to fornicate with a snake. They have everything that's been invented to work on guns. And if you have reason to call them you will be able to talk to a live human being with a pulse. I just love dealing with them. There's an old, I'm talking over 100 years old, hardware store here in Port Lavaca owned and operated by the same old German American family that opened it way back there. You want something that most consider out of date but from a simpler time, you go to Melchers. People come from 50 miles away to see if they can get a tool for this or that. That's the way I look at Brownell's. Like that old hardware store that still has things up in the loft somewhere that you can't find anywhere else on the planet sometimes. And they'll find it. I love Brownell's
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 17,657 Senior Member
    There's an auto parts store in Castroville, Ca that is like that. Was opened shortly after WWII. They have *everything*. I was looking for a water pump for my '87 F-250 Diesel one Sunday. Nobody had it in stock - but Pettigrew's did!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,043 Senior Member
    I feel your pain with FedEx, Jason. They failed yet again today, this time for an "adult signature required" delivery on a repaired XD-40 coming back from Springfield. Driver did the ol' ring-and-run. Wife was home and said that by the time she made it down the steps from the front bedroom (literally a 10 second walk), the truck was already turning out of the neighborhood. The driver had put a "you weren't home" sticker on the door, presumably before he even rang the bell. I called FedEx immediately to have him attempt a redeliver, to which he replied back to dispatch that he was already too far away to do so. Had the dispatcher ask a manager to *order* his ass back since it was less than 30 minutes since we started the conversation by the time of the follow-up call. Yup...the driver had already dumped the package back at the distro center and left for the day. Doesn't sound at all like he was in a rush to leave work, does it... ?

I had to drive 40 minutes roundtrip to the downtown distro center to pick it up because numbnuts couldn't be bothered to wait for the customer more than a fraction of a second. I made sure I talked to a manager in-person in the course of my troubles. Got the sense that he would do exactly zero to correct this guy.

"Oh, I know the guy who was driving. He's a 30-year vet and those senior guys usually want to get these things delivered so they don't have to try again the next day...I doubt he would run off that fast. Are you sure your wife wasn't tied up for a while when he rang the bell?"

His tone and deflection definitely re-assured me that there would be accountability. Yeah, I will be requesting alternative shippers in the future.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,141 Senior Member
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    He's a 30-year vet and those senior guys usually want to get these things delivered- - - - - -

40 years ago those kind of guys guys were usually E-7 and above and "On the Road"- - - -"Retired On Active Duty". I worked for quite a few of them.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,043 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    40 years ago those kind of guys guys were usually E-7 and above and "On the Road"- - - -"Retired On Active Duty". I worked for quite a few of them.
    Jerry

That was EXACTLY what I thought of when he said that: the ROAD bunch
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,087 Senior Member
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    I feel your pain with FedEx, Jason. They failed yet again today, this time for an "adult signature required" delivery on a repaired XD-40 coming back from Springfield. Driver did the ol' ring-and-run. Wife was home and said that by the time she made it down the steps from the front bedroom (literally a 10 second walk), the truck was already turning out of the neighborhood. The driver had put a "you weren't home" sticker on the door, presumably before he even rang the bell. I called FedEx immediately to have him attempt a redeliver, to which he replied back to dispatch that he was already too far away to do so. Had the dispatcher ask a manager to *order* his ass back since it was less than 30 minutes since we started the conversation by the time of the follow-up call. Yup...the driver had already dumped the package back at the distro center and left for the day. Doesn't sound at all like he was in a rush to leave work, does it... ?

I had to drive 40 minutes roundtrip to the downtown distro center to pick it up because numbnuts couldn't be bothered to wait for the customer more than a fraction of a second. I made sure I talked to a manager in-person in the course of my troubles. Got the sense that he would do exactly zero to correct this guy.

"Oh, I know the guy who was driving. He's a 30-year vet and those senior guys usually want to get these things delivered so they don't have to try again the next day...I doubt he would run off that fast. Are you sure your wife wasn't tied up for a while when he rang the bell?"

His tone and deflection definitely re-assured me that there would be accountability. Yeah, I will be requesting alternative shippers in the future.

I've been told their vehicles log and email supervisors if it's turned off for more than 60 seconds unless on a designated lunch break or gas stop. For whatever that's worth... I just despise FedEx. It pains me to have to use them for pistol shipments.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers