Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Mossberg Shockwave Being Questioned

2»

Replies

• 303tom303tom Member Posts: 43 Member
    It's just a Firearm !................
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    There's also this kit for the Mossberg 500/590 and Maverick 88 to convert them to bullpup configuration.

https://www.bullpuparmory.com/BPU500_Bullpup_Shotgun_Kit_p/bpu-500.htm

Also available for the Remington 870.

https://www.bullpuparmory.com/BU870_Bullpup_Shotgun_Kit_p/bpu-870.htm

At least these would be a lot easier to control and there are no questions on legality like there are with the Mossberg and Remington pistol grip things.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    It looks like a fun gun to me at a reasonable price. But, common sense always manages to overcome my 'want reflex,' so the Mossberg 590-A1 is what I'll buy, if I decide on another SD shotgun.
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,981 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    . So I'll go to my corner and suck my thumb until somebody starts a thread about the virtues of the .270 Win. Yeah Right! My thumb getteth Sucked!!! For a long time!!!

:rotflmao::roll2::rotflmao::roll2::rotflmao::roll2::rotflmao:

Quit sucking your thumb, there's 2 of us that know the 270 is the greatest thing since sliced bread:jester:

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,763 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    The way Florida's statutes are written

790.001 (10) “Short-barreled shotgun” means a shotgun having one or more barrels less than 18 inches in length and any weapon made from a shotgun (whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise) if such weapon as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches.
    ... that "and any weapon // overall length of less than 26 inches" seems to say the Shockwave's overall length of 26 1/2" makes it barely legal under FL Statutes.

The North Carolina statute ... 14.288.8 (3)

Any firearm capable of fully automatic fire, any shotgun with a barrel or barrels of less than 18 inches in length or an overall length of less than 26 inches, any rifle with a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length or an overall length of less than 26 inches, any muffler or silencer for any firearm, whether or not such firearm is included within this definition. For the purposes of
    ... that "... barrel less than 18 inches in length or overall length ..." that little word "OR" gives enough wiggle room for some liberal political leeway.

It is going to be interesting though. I don't want one so no skin in the game for me but it is another slice of the cake the gun control lobbyists want to take away.

In both of the firearms regulations quotes, there is one word that sticks out, "SHOTGUN".

This is the ATF's definition of a "SHOTGUN".

Shotgun. A weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed shotgun shell to fire through a smooth bore either a number of projectiles (ball shot) or a single projectile for each pull of the trigger, and shall include any such weapon which may be readily restored to fire a fixed shotgun shell.

There's the workaround. The Shockwave is built on a "Pistol Grip Only" receiver. It never had a stock so it is not a "SHOTGUN".
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    The way Florida's statutes are written

... that "and any weapon // overall length of less than 26 inches" seems to say the Shockwave's overall length of 26 1/2" makes it barely legal under FL Statutes.

The North Carolina statute ... 14.288.8 (3)

... that "... barrel less than 18 inches in length or overall length ..." that little word "OR" gives enough wiggle room for some liberal political leeway.

It is going to be interesting though. I don't want one so no skin in the game for me but it is another slice of the cake the gun control lobbyists want to take away.

Lots of legal shotguns out there with 18 1/2 inch barrels, so even though they're barely legal they're still 100% Legal.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    jaywapti wrote: »
    Quit sucking your thumb, there's 2 of us that know the 270 is the greatest thing since sliced bread:jester:

JAY

All right!!! Now I won't mess up my nail polish, I so hate it when that happens!!!

:jester::jester::jester:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    I'd really like to see the NFA effectively gutted. It served no real purpose back then, and even less now. Many very useful firearms and accessories were either made illegal or unobtainable due to high taxes or the paperwork nightmare to buy them. If short barreled rifles and shotguns aren't useful, then why do LE and the military have and use them? They must serve some useful purpose. :tooth:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,624 Senior Member
    The NFA of '34, the GCA of '68... all of them.

They were useless and as effective as teats on a boar when implemented and they are just as useless today. If they had any effect on crime, it was minimal. The ancillary effects on the law abiding, however... much more grim. If I believed in grand conspiracies, I'd say the results were intended to work out that way. As is, I'm not entirely convinced it wasn't, but I'm currently not preparing to buy stock in Reynold's...
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin