NH voter fraud

VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior MemberPosts: 6,493 Senior Member
It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,940 Senior Member
    This is interesting
    so did all these students pay in state or out of state tuition?

If in state then there must be regulations that require other resident actions like the registration of vehicles , new ID/DR license.
    Otherwise they should do absentee voting.

Military personnel have to deal with these issues.

The NH legislature should and has a requirement to clean this issue up.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,684 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    This is interesting
    so did all these students pay in state or out of state tuition?

If in state then there must be regulations that require other resident actions like the registration of vehicles , new ID/DR license.
    Otherwise they should do absentee voting.

Military personnel have to deal with these issues.

The NH legislature should and has a requirement to clean this issue up.

The real question is - did these students absentee vote in their home states? If so, then yes- it is still voter fraud.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,832 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »

This is still BS in my opinion, no matter who you vote for. This is Liberal Government at it's best, or worst. Texas is old fashion. You won't vote here unless you are an established resident. That takes six months to establish. You need to hold a valid mailing address for 6 months before you're considered a resident of Texas and to get a voters registration card. And you won't get it same day. No way. We kinda figure iffin you don't have it together enough to properly register to vote, then maybe you aren't capable of making a proper decision on who to vote for. If that's racist so be it. It's the law and it should be.

Before Obama got in as Prez things like residency meant something. But he nor his party give a big crap who votes as long as they vote Dummycrap. I can maybe see why a pole tax might have been considered racist though I for one believe that if you don't have anything and can't afford 10 bucks or so a year, then I have a problem with you voting because of your lack of having a stake in how we're governed. However I know I'm not winning that argument. However just say you don't have a pot to piss in, we can send a bus to take you to a place where you can register. But you should have to register and do so at least a couple months before you vote. This gives the authorities time to check you out and make sure you're who you say you are and that you're actually alive. So don't give me that crap that you didn't have time to register to vote. And if you didn't register tuff Ca Ca. No votee!!! That's not unconstitutional if everybody has to do the same thing.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,319 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    ...and that you're actually alive.

B, bu, bu, but what about deceased rights?!? :devil:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,319 Senior Member
    ...a pole tax...

Channeling Sam...

That's "poll tax" ya ignorant heathen! :jester:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,110 Senior Member
    This is still BS in my opinion, no matter who you vote for. This is Liberal Government at it's best, or worst. Texas is old fashion. You won't vote here unless you are an established resident. That takes six months to establish. You need to hold a valid mailing address for 6 months before you're considered a resident of Texas and to get a voters registration card. And you won't get it same day. No way. We kinda figure iffin you don't have it together enough to properly register to vote, then maybe you aren't capable of making a proper decision on who to vote for. If that's racist so be it. It's the law and it should be.
    You have to register to vote 30 days before an election in Texas. If you do not have a Texas ID or driver license, the last 4 of your social security number is acceptable. I don't see anything about a 6 month residency requirement at all....

https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/pamphlets/largepamp.shtml
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,584 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    The real question is - did these students absentee vote in their home states? If so, then yes- it is still voter fraud.
    That is something I was wondering. Out of state students should be considered temporary residents able to retain their out of state driver license and vehicle registration. Like military personnel they could request absentee ballots from their home state. Would not a registered voter from CA want to vote for CA candidates and ballot measures rather than NH's? If they did vote in both states that is classic voter fraud.
    I wouldn't say still voter fraud-- if they only cast a ballot in New Hampshire, it was not fraudulent at all-- Kobach's argument is wrong and simple minded at best.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,493 Senior Member

AND did they establish residency in NH before they voted.
    I wouldn't say still voter fraud-- if they only cast a ballot in New Hampshire, it was not fraudulent at all-- Kobach's argument is wrong and simple minded at best.

You are assuming that the entire 6K were college students that had established residency in NH. The links you posted assumed that from 3 returned phone calls. It might be true, or not.
    AND did they establish residency in NH before they voted.
    New Hampshire does not have a formal procedure for establishing residency.
    http://www.newhampshire.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/99999999/NEWHAMPSHIRE/110509956
    You are assuming that the entire 6K were college students that had established residency in NH. The links you posted assumed that from 3 returned phone calls. It might be true, or not.
    With 30,000 out of state students attending New Hampshire universities, I can pretty much guarantee that my assumptions resemble reality much more than Kobach's.

New Hampshire does not have a formal procedure for establishing residency. Anyone wanting to establish residency must provide some form of tangible proof that they are living in the state. Acceptable forms of proof include drivers license, utility bill, rental or mortgage payment, and vehicle registration.

So IAW you, 24K students figured it out, and 6K were just dumb. Well, if you are half right, AND the college students voted 50/50 it still skewed the election.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,584 Senior Member
    You have to register to vote 30 days before an election in Texas. If you do not have a Texas ID or driver license, the last 4 of your social security number is acceptable. I don't see anything about a 6 month residency requirement at all....

https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/pamphlets/largepamp.shtml
    July 1 1971 the ratified 26th Amendment gave 18 year olds the right to vote. I picked up a 'How to Register' pamphlet at the post office. Identification requirements were a valid Oregon driver license issued a minimum of 6 months prior to voter registration. Mine was issued in July 1968 so it was all I needed. I have to hit the road. I will post additional acceptable ID when I get home this evening.
    Lots of students living on campus don't drive or need a car at all. Why would they bother with a driver license when the one from their home state is still valid? A rental agreement from their dorms (or where ever they are living) will suffice to prove the residency requirements and allow them to non-fraudulently vote. Voter turnout in that age group runs about 20%. 20% of 30,000 is 6000.
    I have no doubt that on every university campus, there was someone from the Clinton campaign working it hard. Like Ned said, there is probably something that their legislature should be taking up, but Kobach's premise that since people using out of state ID's to cast a ballot in state didn't get driver licenses in state later-- somehow means widespread fraud had occurred is a false assumption.
    And does anyone really want to spend an entire day, and $50 at the DMV to get a genuine New Hampshire driver license? Especially when you already probably have one from your home state, and it automatically expires on your 21st birthday where you need to do it all over again. Sounds like a pain in the ass when all you want to do is vote.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,345 Senior Member
    In Tennessee, the magic words are "No Habla Ingles!"- - - - -You can not only cast a fraudulent "provisional ballot", they'll actually allow a "translator" to accompany you into the voting booth. A busload of damp-spined "voters" hit three precincts in Nashville recently with the same routine- - - -with only one English speaking person in the bunch! The dummycrap election commissioner let it happen until the local talk radio station sounded the alarm.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,512 Senior Member
    What I find interesting is the different spin based on the publisher. It's no secret that Breitbart is just to the right of Attila the Hun, and WAPO and USA Today are to the left of Lenin.

Just sayin'.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,957 Senior Member
    It would seem that New Hampshire makes it easy for college students to 'double dip' by allowing them to be considered residents of the state, while at the same time they can remain residents of another state and vote by absentee ballot in their true state of residence. That's about as good as voting the graveyards! :roll2:
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,345 Senior Member
    Back before Big Brother took over the trucking industry, it was not uncommon for an over the road driver to have commercial licenses in several states. On a traffic stop, he would just pull out the one with the fewest tickets on it.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    What I find interesting is the different spin based on the publisher. It's no secret that Breitbart is just to the right of Attila the Hun, and WAPO and USA Today are to the left of Lenin.

Just sayin'.

Which is why I didnt make a proclamation citing partial info and my opinion. I just found it interesting that it is possible for out of state voters to vote in a election. While in the military, I needed to get a absentee ballot for my home state. I didnt know that college kids were coddled this much. I also know that there is the very strong possibility that folks from other states drove to NH and voted. Maybe some of you dont get the scale, but one could drive to the middle of NH from Boston after work and be home for a on time dinner. Its not like there havent been shenanigans on the D side during this cycle or any other.
    JerryBobCo wrote: »

Just sayin'.
    In fairness to Breitbart, that was written by Kris Kobach-- the current Kansas Secretary of State and candidate for governor. He is also Vice Chairman of the Presidential Commission on Election Integrity. While voter fraud should be brought to light, I fail to see where he has done that. He leaves out vital information and then speculates a conclusion and calls it "proof". Could what he said have hypothetically happened? Yes, but Occam's razor says there is a much simpler explanation of what happened. I am not sure what he is trying to prove, but it comes across as a conspiracy theory to me.
    I didnt know that college kids were coddled this much. I also know that there is the very strong possibility that folks from other states drove to NH and voted. Maybe some of you dont get the scale, but one could drive to the middle of NH from Boston after work and be home for a on time dinner. Its not like there havent been shenanigans on the D side during this cycle or any other.
    It is quite possible that some of that happened too. But I doubt on the scale that Kobach wants us to believe.
    It is quite possible that some of that happened too. But I doubt on the scale that Kobach wants us to believe.

That is the point. Even if is is only half as bad then the NH Senator may have been seated under illegal election. One can drive from S central VT to Concord MA in 3 hours across the entire widest part of the state of NH in the winter. I have family that are Massoles, there is no doubt in my mind that if this is possible, it doesnt happen during highly contested elections. There is no way one can prove it after the fact because there is no verification. Show a DL any DL, vote, and disappear.

One way or another, it is a VERY strong argument for voter ID changes.
    One way or another, it is a VERY strong argument for voter ID changes.
    The ID requirement is about the same in Texas. I guess my beef would be the same day registration. And while what you are saying could happen, and probably did, if one's job was to get more Hillary votes, I wouldn't bother wasting my time convincing people from neighboring states to come over, show them their real identity and address, then talk them into committing a felony when I could have picked up so many more votes cruising the college campuses on election day and hauling them up the street to the polls without breaking any laws. The same thing could have been done with early/absentee ballots-- New Hampshire's same day registration makes it so easy to do, it doesn't make much sense to truck them in from out of state.
    And while they could use basically anything for an ID, they still had to show some sort of proof of residency in New Hampshire-- be it a credit card bill, utility bill, rental agreement, or something.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,156 Senior Member
    I don't care if a legit NH resident votes outside his precinct. So long as he/she votes ONLY in NH. Students from NY shouldn't vote in NH, nor the other way around.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06