Home Main Category Clubhouse

WOOOHOOO!! Christmas came early.

orchidmanorchidman Senior MemberPosts: 8,367 Senior Member
Been working grading and packing flowers for export since 4am this morning. ( Its now 8.30pm) Still got another 5-6hrs to do tonight........But I decided to get takeout food and head over to my sisters and have dinner with her and her husband as a break.

Just as I was leaving after eating, she said " There is a present for you beside the front door"........... so I walk down the stairs and see a plastic shopping bag which contained 5X500gm packs of my favorite coffee. I thanked her and picked it up and she says " And the box is for you as well." Beside where the bag was sitting is a small cardboard box so I pick it up and open it.

This is what was inside................. https://www.amazon.com/Civil-War-Battlefields-Walking-History/dp/0847859126

She told me she couldnt wait till christmas to give it to me.

I am really looking forward to reading this. Saw a copy a while ago and had a quick look through it and decided to get get a copy after flowering season is over cos I dont get much time to relax and read anything at this time of year...........but she beat me to it.

What I should do is light a fire in the fireplace, break out the bottle of Devils Cut and sit back to spend a couple of hours reading......but I will save that pleasure for when I have more time.

My big sis rocks!!
Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

Replies

• RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,715 Senior Member
    Looks like an interesting book. I'm anticipating your range report.
  • wizard78wizard78 Senior Member Posts: 1,004 Senior Member
    Looks to be a great gift. You've piqued my interest. Enjoy. :up:

“When guns are outlawed, only patriots will have guns.”
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    You deserve a good relaxing time after all the work you are doing to get your orchids ready to ship, enjoy your new book.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    I was thinking you got a new "big bucks" t-shirt.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    That should be an interesting read! Should keep you busy for a while when things calm down on the orchid packing and shipping.

Don't know if you went to the Chickamauga Battlefield Park when you were here, but they have a museum stuffed full of firearms. I think you'd probably enjoy going through and looking at them.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams