Home Main Category Clubhouse

Steelers

BufordBuford Senior MemberPosts: 6,721 Senior Member
YDv0dgJ.gif

Here We Go!!!!!!!!!
Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.

Replies

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,513 Senior Member
    GO PACK!! And I'll be helping Chief today and cheering for his Bucs, too. But just this time!
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    Weak offense no defense, What the hell.
    As to the locker room I think that was the best move. The whole situation is saddening the snow flakes are screwing everything up.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Respect for Villanueva for coming out for the anthem. Probably pulls at him both ways though. To respect the flag he fought for, he has to break ranks with his team.

Villanueva was a Ranger and awarded the Bronze Star, and was a West Point graduate. HE IS THE ONLY ONE ON THE TEAM FOR WHICH I HAVE RESPECT. He earned it the hard way.:usa:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    cpj wrote: »
    The best move? Wow.

If I had my druthers, I would rather not see them kneel.
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    GO PACK!! And I'll be helping Chief today and cheering for his Bucs, too. But just this time!

Good come back by the Pack
    Congratulations.
    And thank you.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,513 Senior Member
    Pack v Chitcago on Thursday night. I hope your guys softened them up a bit!!
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,988 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    If I had my druthers, I would rather not see them then watch them kneel.

Or the org. could explain to their employees that they will do nothing to place the org. in a poor light or they will be disciplined instead of sheltering some malcontents. At least there is one man in that organization.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    Or the org. could explain to their employees that they will do nothing to place the org. in a poor light or they will be disciplined instead of sheltering some malcontents. At least there is one man in that organization.

Hell son they could have done a lot of things but they didn't.
    They make their choices, I make mine. It may come to a argument but the wife bleeds black and gold. Thats fine, she can go watch at the in laws.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    Tony Dungee, former NFL coach and now commentator, said something to the effect that President Trump should not have injected politics into sports. I guess he missed it when Colin Kaepernick started the whole mess by kneeling during the playing of the national anthem.

I don't recall him making similar comments then.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who's OK with Kaepernick did but not what Trump said is a hypocrite.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    They make their choices, I make mine. It may come to a argument but the wife bleeds black and gold. Thats fine, she can go watch at the in laws.

I would pay to watch that.
    What can I say I'm Steeler fan for life. I'll just start the game a little late so I miss all this woe is me bull crap going on.
    cpj wrote: »
    In other words, it's ok that they are whiny bitches as long as you don't have to see it .

I can't ever recall seeing a Steeler kneel for the anthem, period. Tomlin didn't want anything to do with this crap Trump started, I see his point. I wish they would have done what they do every game day but apparently there were some snowflakes that didn't want to go along. Sure wish I knew who those snowflakes were.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    Everyone on the Cowboys disrespected the national anthem and the giant flag spread over the whole field.

I'm done with 'em. So is my wife.
  • Hondo341Hondo341 Member Posts: 448 Member
    I can't ever recall seeing a Steeler kneel for the anthem, period. Tomlin didn't want anything to do with this crap Kaepernick started, I see his point. I wish they would have done what they do every game day but apparently there were some snowflakes that didn't want to go along. Sure wish I knew who those snowflakes were.

There....fixed it for ya
    "People are responsible to play a role in their own safety." Sheriff David Clarke 2016
    Wait they knelt BEFORE the anthem and then stood for it. I'm confused. What are people upset about now? Or was this never actually about the anthem and the flag?

You are kidding, right? You can't play lawyer on emotional issues like this. Nitpicking the details around the edges doesn't work on this one.

Just because they tried to jumble their message, so their fans would have an easy out, does not change the fact that that were dissing every soldier, sailor, airman, Marine that ever carried that flag into battle. I am ashamed of them for that, and I'm ashamed of them pretending to stand for a cause, and having decided that, for not having the balls to do it all the way. The only honorable man that has surfaced, so far, out of this whole cluster**** is Villanueva.

Previous to that act, I would have been delighted to meet and shake hands with any one of them. Now? I wouldn't walk across the street to acknowledge their presence. The ones who wanted to do that are childish, and the ones who didn't agree with it but went along anyway, are cowards.

I was anxiously awaiting the kickoff and was completely taken by surprise that they did it. I didn't have a clue that I was going to feel angry about it, but I did. It was a completely visceral reaction, and I switched the channel and sat there seething for several minutes. If one or two players had done it, I might have continued to watch, but now, I will not support them and I will not make any effort to find out whether they won or lost. I honestly do not give a damn about them.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    One commentator said years ago 70% of black fathers were around to support their families, now 70% are not. 70% of the NFL players are black.............goes to show the breakup of traditional families does have an impact on their behavior on and off the field as it does throughout all facets of society no matter if they are white, black or brown.

CP wore socks depicting cops as pigs............he admired Fidel Castro............owners are trying to appease both sides of this issue, but usually kiss sponsors asses when push comes to shove.......about money.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    I would pay to watch that.
    What can I say I'm Steeler fan for life. I'll just start the game a little late so I miss all this woe is me bull crap going on.
    Wont be the first time I cut a power cord on a electronic device in my house.
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,767 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    You are kidding, right? You can't play lawyer on emotional issues like this. Nitpicking the details around the edges doesn't work on this one.

Just because they tried to jumble their message, so their fans would have an easy out, does not change the fact that that were dissing every soldier, sailor, airman, Marine that ever carried that flag into battle. I am ashamed of them for that, and I'm ashamed of them pretending to stand for a cause, and having decided that, for not having the balls to do it all the way. The only honorable man that has surfaced, so far, out of this whole cluster**** is Villanueva.

Previous to that act, I would have been delighted to meet and shake hands with any one of them. Now? I wouldn't walk across the street to acknowledge their presence. The ones who wanted to do that are childish, and the ones who didn't agree with it but went along anyway, are cowards.

I was anxiously awaiting the kickoff and was completely taken by surprise that they did it. I didn't have a clue that I was going to feel angry about it, but I did. It was a completely visceral reaction, and I switched the channel and sat there seething for several minutes. If one or two players had done it, I might have continued to watch, but now, I will not support them and I will not make any effort to find out whether they won or lost. I honestly do not give a damn about them.

Apparently, the flakes got to Villanueva. He told the press that he walked out of the tunnel, "by mistake". That he never meant to throw his teammates under the bus and he doesn't care if they stand , sit, squat or whatever.........but he'll always stand. He did the right thing but sounds like he wussied out, when the rest of the team started giving him a hard time. That takes the respect level down a few notches, in my opinion.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
    FYI, this has little to do with a protest, it has to do with acting like adult members of society instead of spoiled brats.
    Let's just be honest it seems like none of this has anything to do with the flag and respect and it has to do with players taking a stand on something that has become seen as a "liberal" issue. It's the kneeling and the message you have a problem with, not the means of protest.

I've never been anything but honest about the things I post, whether or not I'm right.

I have already admitted that I was surprised to discover that I am actually angry about this issue, and I stated the reason why. My wife was even surprised, because I usually stay objective. And yes, it is an emotional, rather than a completely logical stance. This is a complete departure from the way I normally approach a purely political issue, and I admitted it. In my mind, this is a completely unrelated issue to anything except a willingness to dishonor a tradition that unifies Americans, rather than driving a wedge between them.

Don't lecture me on honesty until you have completely convinced yourself that picking apart every single American tradition is going to unify this country.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    I can't ever recall seeing a Steeler kneel for the anthem, period. Tomlin didn't want anything to do with this crap Trump started, I see his point. I wish they would have done what they do every game day but apparently there were some snowflakes that didn't want to go along. Sure wish I knew who those snowflakes were.

Colin Kaepernick started it.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    I'm still confused. So everyone was upset because players were kneeling during the anthem so the knelt before the anthem to do their protest at a time when it would be less offensive to viewers and stood during the anthem to honor all the people you just said they dishonored.

What was offensive about them kneeling then? That the flag was present when they knelt? That they were participating in this show of protest and solidarity in the first place? Let's just be honest it seems like none of this has anything to do with the flag and respect and it has to do with players taking a stand on something that has become seen as a "liberal" issue. It's the kneeling and the message you have a problem with, not the means of protest.

No doubt about it. You're still confused. They stood with arms locked during the anthem to still show their contempt for the flag and anthem.

Here's a primer for respect for flag and anthem.
    Active military will stand at attention facing the flag and rendering hand salute.
    Civilians will stand facing the flag, remove hat and place hat on left shoulder with hand on heart. Ladies do not have to remove hat but still place hand over heart.
    Veterans may either salute flag as civilians, or they may render military salute; they EARNED the right to do either salute.

The players locked arms and DID NOT RENDER HONOR TO THE FALG, PERIOD! The disrespect was there for any and all to see who know anything at all about rendering honor and salute to the flag.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Showing a little bit of disrespect to their country is like being a little bit pregnant- - - - -things aren't going to get any better. Screw the bums and the hookers they rode in on!
    Jerry
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,693 Senior Member
    ...749c6a39be2355a60c1a749fc3b9789e.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    Yep still confused. How does kneeling BEFORE the anthem "dishonor a tradition that unifies Americans?"

OK, I'll take the bait one more time, since you want to work your way through the entire playbook.

As you and every other properly educated Alinski-ite knows, once you have exhausted all of the evidentiary arguments that can be made to appear logical, you introduce "intent" into the equation, and establish that you are the only one qualified to determine what that intent is - you know, like James Comey lecturing us on intent to justify not jailing Hilary. In this case, though, the intent is too obvious to spin with any real success.

Jerry Jones probably does not care any more about tradition and patriotism than you do. His job is buying low and selling high, with any irregularities made palatable to the most people by dressing everything up in a facade of reasonableness that cannot be attacked very aggressively by either side. He can turn on a dime, wrapping himself in the flag for one audience, or downplaying its significance for the next. But, he's getting senile, and some of his crap doesn't work on simple folk who measure their freedoms in traditional ways.
    Jerry Jones's intent was to 'thread the needle,' between keeping the spoiled children on his team happy and giving some of the players and some of the fans a way out, so as to support the team without seeming to be ungrateful to all the veterans who wore or carried the flag into dangerous service of their country. I'm quite sure that he calculated that he might just get away with it, at a road game. I know that it worked that one time on the really die-hard fans, but it didn't fool everybody.

When the team gets home, they could find that it's not going to blow over as quickly as they might have hoped for, and that the empty talking points they have been given for reporters won't withstand very much scrutiny.

No need for further comment, at least for my sake. I know the drill and could probably write the reply for you. :yawn:
    If it were any other group protesting police brutality against that group, then I'd suggest police ride-alongs to let them see just what the cops are having to deal with on a daily basis. Being it's the NFL, a player riding along in the car would probably be some serious deja vu, as the majority seem to have prior experience riding in the back of the cruiser. :roll2:
    ― Douglas Adams