Home Main Category Clubhouse

Replies

  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,160 Senior Member
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Looks like the NFL has the best teams out on probation that bail bondsmen and money can buy! :rotflmao:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 2,470 Senior Member
    "NFL" National Felony League! 870 arrests, holy cow and these are suppose to be kids roll models!
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

    John 3: 1-21
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    They gotta keep up with the thugballers in the NBA, dontcha know! "You can take the ballplayer out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the ballplayer!
    Jerry
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    DECADES of woman beating, rapes, illegal drug abuse, gambling, dog fighting ... and all of a sudden the NFL cares about social justice?
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I think they will eventually get it straightened out somehow. Then we can get back to some football without all the politics.

    I don't think most even know exactly what they are protesting anymore for BLM, 1st Amd, anti-Trump, solidarity(?), each other or what.

    They are hurting whatever cause they think they are showing support for the longer they keep it up and pissing a lot of folk off in the process.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Perspective:

    There's an average of ~40 NFL player arrests per year. ~1700 players so 2.3% arrest record. 22.5% of those arrested are not convicted.

    The general arrest rate of citizens is 3.88%.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

    Adam J. McCleod


  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    They gotta keep up with the thugballers in the NBA, dontcha know! "You can take the ballplayer out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the ballplayer!
    Jerry

    I know another version of that but it just is way not PC enough to display here.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    Perspective:

    There's an average of ~40 NFL player arrests per year. ~1700 players so 2.3% arrest record. 22.5% of those arrested are not convicted.

    The general arrest rate of citizens is 3.88%.

    Yeah, among the general population. Ahem, these NFL players are mostly degreed college graduates in a highly disciplined and committed profession. I wonder what the arrest rate is among other college educated professionals? I'm pretty sure the arrest rate of engineers, pharmacists, architects, nurses, general contractors, certified accountants, etc., is under 3.88%.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,127 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    Yeah, among the general population. Ahem, these NFL players are mostly degreed college graduates in a highly disciplined and committed profession. I wonder what the arrest rate is among other college educated professionals? I'm pretty sure the arrest rate of engineers, pharmacists, architects, nurses, general contractors, certified accountants, etc., is under 3.88%.

    The arrest and conviction rate is probably lower than other 20 to 25-year-olds that have been sheltered their whole lives then given millions of dollars and no restrictions.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    Yeah, among the general population. Ahem, these NFL players are mostly degreed college graduates in a highly disciplined and committed profession. I wonder what the arrest rate is among other college educated professionals? I'm pretty sure the arrest rate of engineers, pharmacists, architects, nurses, general contractors, certified accountants, etc., is under 3.88%.


    I'd wager the DUI rate for all demographics is roughly the same. It is 1.2% in the gen pop.



    If you read the sheet there are two who were arrested for gun possession. Charges dropped because they had permits. Ten were arrested and never charged with anything. A half dozen were arrested for DUI and released when the blood came back clean. A few more were arrested on traffic warrants. One was arrested for an open beer. I'm sure they are more petty offense than I noticed.

    These are examples that could happen to anyone, including engineers, pharmacists, architects, nurses, general contractors, certified accountants, etc.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

    Adam J. McCleod


  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    It is pretty rare to hear about a white NFL player getting arrested, not unheard of but rare. Just saying
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

    -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    I'll add especially if they're black...

    Remember these are often wealthy young black men. A demographic that is profile about as highly as young Muslim men. I mean a young black man couldn't possibly afford a nice car unless he was a drug dealer right? Driving while black is unfortunately still a thing. Driving a nice car in a nice neighborhood while black is definitely a thing!


    My SIL is an attractive black woman in Minneapolis. She is a lawyer for some big firm and drives a MB SUV.

    Over the years, she has been pulled over several times and asked if she is married to a Minnesota Viking or "who bought the car for you?"

    It has become a family joke. Although not to her....
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

    Adam J. McCleod


  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    It is pretty rare to hear about a white NFL player getting arrested, not unheard of but rare. Just saying
    Probably because only about 25% of the players in the NFL are white.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Jack BurtonJack Burton Member Posts: 393 Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Probably because only about 25% of the players in the NFL are white.

    Well there was Ben Rapistberger of the Steelers being accused of sexual assault twice a while back. Which also brings up the accusation side of things where no arrest may take place. When added to the arrest sheet I would bet the percentages go a bit beyond the general public's rate. Of course there is an entire cottage industry of women that hunt down pro athletes for purposes of extorting them.
    Came for the fishing, stayed for the guns.
  • SkolnickSkolnick Member Posts: 47 Member
    Driving while black is unfortunately still a thing. Driving a nice car in a nice neighborhood while black is definitely a thing!

    Personally, I have been detained on two separate occasions for walking while White, after dark, in a Black residential neighborhood in Detroit.

    In both instances, other than pat downs and being locked in the squad car while they investigated, the police used no force, and issued no threats.

    I might add, there was no non-compliance* on my part.

    The police were merely investigating something out of the ordinary. And a White guy walking in that neighborhood after dark is out of the ordinary. I was stopped because my the color of my skin made it highly improbable that I lived that residential neighborhood (and the reality is, I never did live in that neighborhood) and the police appeared to be more concerned for the safety of the residents in that neighborhood than in looking for an excuse to harass a White guy.

    Rather than oppose what some might consider a bigoted police activity, I considered it to be a necessary evil, and apparently so did the police who were only trying to protect lives and property. A necessary evil is evil, but it is also necessary. We all dealt with it and moved on. That being said, if the cops would have shoved a toilet plunger up my rear, I would have a highly different perspective.


    *Chris Rock recognized non-compliance in a comedy skit about a decade ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Skolnick wrote: »
    Personally, I have been detained on two separate occasions for walking while White, after dark, in a Black residential neighborhood in Detroit.

    In both instances, other than pat downs and being locked in the squad car while they investigated, the police used no force, and issued no threats.

    I might add, there was no non-compliance* on my part.

    The police were merely investigating something out of the ordinary. And a White guy walking in that neighborhood after dark is out of the ordinary. I was stopped because my the color of my skin made it highly improbable that I lived that residential neighborhood (and the reality is, I never did live in that neighborhood) and the police appeared to be more concerned for the safety of the residents in that neighborhood than in looking for an excuse to harass a White guy.

    Rather than oppose what some might consider a bigoted police activity, I considered it to be a necessary evil, and apparently so did the police who were only trying to protect lives and property. A necessary evil is evil, but it is also necessary. We all dealt with it and moved on. That being said, if the cops would have shoved a toilet plunger up my rear, I would have a highly different perspective.


    *Chris Rock recognized non-compliance in a comedy skit about a decade ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8


    This is an illegal detention. You may not mind it and view it as "necessary", but walking down the street is not PC for detention.

    Your melanin density is irrelevant.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

    Adam J. McCleod


  • SkolnickSkolnick Member Posts: 47 Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    This is an illegal detention. You may not mind it and view it as "necessary", but walking down the street is not PC for detention.

    At what point does a "reasonable detention" become an "illegal detention"?

    I was held for less than ten minutes each time.



    https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/392/1/case.html

    Terry v. Ohio

    "what the Constitution forbids is not all searches and seizures, but unreasonable searches and seizures"

    "Thus, it is argued, the police should be allowed to 'stop' a person and detain him briefly for questioning upon suspicion that he may be connected with criminal activity ... is justified in part upon the notion that a 'stop' and a 'frisk' amount to a mere 'minor inconvenience and petty indignity,' which can properly be imposed upon the citizen in the interest of effective law enforcement on the basis of a police officer's suspicion."

    "He had observed Terry, Chilton, and Katz go through a series of acts, each of them perhaps innocent in itself, but which, taken together, warranted further investigation."
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    DECADES of woman beating, rapes, illegal drug abuse, gambling, dog fighting ... and all of a sudden the NFL cares about social justice?

    And the ones that truly care aren't even kneeling.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    Skolnick wrote: »
    Personally, I have been detained on two separate occasions for walking while White, after dark, in a Black residential neighborhood in Detroit.

    In both instances, other than pat downs and being locked in the squad car while they investigated, the police used no force, and issued no threats.

    I might add, there was no non-compliance* on my part.

    The police were merely investigating something out of the ordinary.
    Too funny!
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Skolnick wrote: »
    At what point does a "reasonable detention" become an "illegal detention"?

    I was held for less than ten minutes each time.



    https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/392/1/case.html

    Terry v. Ohio

    "what the Constitution forbids is not all searches and seizures, but unreasonable searches and seizures"

    "Thus, it is argued, the police should be allowed to 'stop' a person and detain him briefly for questioning upon suspicion that he may be connected with criminal activity ... is justified in part upon the notion that a 'stop' and a 'frisk' amount to a mere 'minor inconvenience and petty indignity,' which can properly be imposed upon the citizen in the interest of effective law enforcement on the basis of a police officer's suspicion."

    "He had observed Terry, Chilton, and Katz go through a series of acts, each of them perhaps innocent in itself, but which, taken together, warranted further investigation."

    If you want to engage in a discussion about what the government considers "reasonable", open a thread in the 2A forum.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

    Adam J. McCleod


  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    It is spreading like wildfire............now even "Green Eggs And Ham" is racist according to an "Educated" librarian because the Cat wears a bow-tie..............reminiscent of 19th century minstrel shows.............God help us all, the farfetched conclusions these people come up with are beyond bizarre.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    It is spreading like wildfire............now even "Green Eggs And Ham" is racist according to an "Educated" librarian because the Cat wears a bow-tie..............reminiscent of 19th century minstrel shows.............God help us all, the farfetched conclusions these people come up with are beyond bizarre.

    Racist?


    ox281259899122500924.jpg
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

    Adam J. McCleod


  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    The Cat in the hat knows alot about that???:uhm:
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    Racist?


    ox281259899122500924.jpg

    Hypocrisy at its best.

    Depends on who is doing it in their warped minds. Trump & family could go around laying turds of solid gold in poor neighborhoods/ghettos and then be accused of overburdening the black community with having to carry the heavy weight like slaves to cash it in........................if Obammy & family or Pantsuit did the same, they would be praised by most news outlets and the social justice warriors.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Jack BurtonJack Burton Member Posts: 393 Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    If you want to engage in a discussion about what the government considers "reasonable", open a thread in the 2A forum.

    If you do Skolnick, this white boy has a couple or 3 personal incidents of police detainment's to add as well.
    Came for the fishing, stayed for the guns.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement