Hugh Hefner has passed

MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior MemberPosts: 4,768 Senior Member
Wambli Ska wrote: »
Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 11,103 Senior Member
    Read a lot of articles in the tree house we did.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,803 Senior Member
    I guess he is now his last stiffy.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,270 Senior Member
    Bet the old bastard died with a smile on his face....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • ArmoredmanArmoredman Member Posts: 355 Member
    The great Bunny Club in Heaven is now open!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Well may he RIP :angel2:

In his case RIP.............Rest In Piece! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,111 Senior Member
    RIP Hef :angel:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,999 Senior Member
    It was a good run.............:angel2:

attachment.php?attachmentid=2058&d=1344628878
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,765 Senior Member
    They have articles?
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,137 Senior Member
    Another boyhood hero gone!! RIP Mr. Hef.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,229 Senior Member
    Oddly enough, in 1974 an article in his magazine introduced me to libertarian thinking.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    I actually did read the articles. By the time I was sneaking around, looking at Playboys, you could also find anything type of photos you wanted on the internet. What kept me looking a PBs was that they actually had real journalism in them.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,222 Senior Member
    RIP Heff. :angel2:

Russian sailors liked Playboy magazine a lot. Those magazines were good trading fodder for stuff the Russian sailors had on hand. Fraternization was strongly discouraged with the Russians, but so was going to certain 'places of ill repute' while in port. Sailors tend to just take that stuff under advisement and proceed with all due caution, with level of intoxication being the gauge of that caution! :roll2:
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,765 Senior Member
    We used to get into the dump ground to shoot rats, and we knew where the dirty magazines were dumped that didn't sell. Apparently they were turned into some central location, where they ripped off the front covers and then trashed them.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 20,086 Senior Member
    I particularly remember the "Girls of 7-11" spread when 7-11 stopped selling PB. I walked down to the neighborhood competitor, "Quick Stop", paid for the magazine, and the pretty good looking female cashier said "Page <whatever it was>"! And yea, some very intelligently written articles.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,613 Senior Member
    22008235_1668100683265440_4147137172876627098_n.jpg?oh=bbcbf0b6e8cd082f27bfff0bd3c3bc7b&oe=5A88A520
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    SIGgal wrote: »
    I was terrified when I saw my first playboy magazine.

Because of the unrealistic standard of beauty I would guess?

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,822 Senior Member
    I am betting there was foreplay involved!

;)

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    This one came out several years ago- - - - -it's still pretty good!

https://soundcloud.com/egieamm/if-hef-goes-to-heaven

:jester:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,747 Senior Member
    Last year I hired the homestead out to an American film crew who were shooting a Docudrama about the life of Hugh Hefner. They had the place for 10 days. Got to read the film script. It was interesting. The homestead was set up as the house Hugh grew up in, complete with his boyhood bedroom ( up until his late teens) The 'artwork' on his bedroom wall was 'interesting'.

Rest in Peace Hugh and thanks for the memories and pics of 'Babes' when I was growing up, especially the 'Vargas' Girls. The 'Vargas' girls were just as good if not better than the centrefolds in my view.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,948 Senior Member
    I think it's a safe bet to say, Ol' Hef gave most all of us who are over 40 a lot of pleasure.

:jester:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,590 Senior Member
    That was left up to you
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 11,103 Senior Member
    That was left up to you

Maybe Snake and Hugh were neighbors at one time:jester:.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    If the mansion is "dated", I'd probably like it. Dirt and pee, not so much!

But I bet it doesn't have stupid STAINLESS STEEL APPLIANCES!!!! :devil:

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,948 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Maybe Snake and Hugh were neighbors at one time:jester:.

Oh hell Doc, I could only dream. Hef probably never heard of Port Lavaca Texas. On second thought Bob Hope came here to get Miss World U.S.A. Brucene Smith to go to Vietnam with him so maybe Hef came here Incognito for all I know. But no, he weren't my neighbor. If he had been he'd probably shot me for stalking

Barbie Benton....:love:...:drool2:...:silly:

:roll2::roll2::roll2:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,850 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    If the mansion is "dated", I'd probably like it. Dirt and pee, not so much!

But I bet it doesn't have stupid STAINLESS STEEL APPLIANCES!!!! :devil:

They're probably avocado.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,822 Senior Member
    SIGgal wrote: »
    The mansion is dated, and purchased by a 33 year old guy. He is going to make the mansion and his house next door one house again like it was originally. Must be nice to be rich and shameless :)

Go with just shameless.....

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,270 Senior Member
    I can only imagine what's in the pool filter.......gag.....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    RugerFan wrote: »
    They're probably avocado.

That would sure beat STAINLESS! :vomit:

zorba wrote: »
    That would sure beat STAINLESS! :vomit:

Uh, no
    I'm a.fine one to talk about appliance colors. At one time we had stainless sink and.cooktop, coppertone oven and off white fridge. Replaced the cooktop with a black one. I then painted.the oven door black with appliance paint(spray can). It looked really good. Now.we have a new black oven, black cook top, stainless sink, and stainless fridge. The fridge is a dark, smudgeproof stainless. It all goes together rather well.